The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scruples Whippet Rescue

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Molly had a good nights sleep ,she stayed in her open cage in our bedroom and we didnt hear a peep from her all night , shes had a good breakfast and is now chilling in front of the fire , carnt believe how quick shes settled here especially with 9 other dogs, and all mine seem to have accepted her too :)) , im going to miss her dreadfully come tonight ,but i know shes going to be well cared for :)) shes a special girl to us already :huggles:

glad she had a good night

it amazing how they settle down so soon

im sure they now there safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad Molly had a good night , she sounds like such a sweetheart :wub:

Thought you should know ........

my first whippet was one of 13 pups and that was a first litter too (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Bless her :wub: I'm so pleased to hear she's had a good night, maybe she realises her life has just taken a major turn for the better!

Whippets are so clever, they know who has their best interests at heart. HOW could anyone let her go so far in whelp is beyond me, however, from Molly's point of view, it will turn out to be a blessing.

Aww Trish, you've fallen for Molly :wub:

I am so pleased to hear that Molly has had a peaceful night, Trish :D :huggles:

I do hope her adventure today goes ok ........ it is a blessing that she has such a laid-back and gentle disposition :thumbsup:

Give Molly a hug from all of us at Scruples and all these lovely folk on K9 too :* :*

I am so glad that everyone had a restful night after a really stressfull day for all involved. Another big day for all concerned today.

I am desperate to hear what the vet has to say and we are keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed :luck: :luck: :luck:

On a completely different note.

Have you decided how you are going to word what SCRUPLES does as a charity? There are plenty of DREGS out there who could see a charity that rescues (and pays for) pregnant bitches, neglected looking whippets and potential puppy farming candidates as easy prey. As things get off the ground and public awareness is increased, it is not just the good folks who will take an interest.

This is in no way a critism, just a concern. The wording and promotion need to be very carefuly thought out.

I support what you are doing 100% It is wonderful.

What a fantastic Job you have all done :thumbsup:

she looks so sweet hope all goes well with the birth :luck:

On a completely different note. Have you decided how you are going to word what SCRUPLES does as a charity? There are plenty of DREGS out there who could see a charity that rescues (and pays for) pregnant bitches, neglected looking whippets and potential puppy farming candidates as easy prey. As things get off the ground and public awareness is increased, it is not just the good folks who will take an interest.

This is in no way a critism, just a concern. The wording and promotion need to be very carefuly thought out.

I support what you are doing 100% It is wonderful.

I think you're right, Eve, and it will be the skill of Scruples Trustees and volunteers in deciding which whippets warrant help - not an easy task because we are all so caring towards any whippet. And rightly so :D

Scruples Whippet Rescue's constitution is posted on the Blog http://scrupleswhippetrescue.blogspot.com/ and you will see that we have tried to make it clear that Scruples is in place, not only to rescue in appropriate cases, but also to educate and assist whippet owners through knowledge and advice. This should allow us to assess and offer varying degrees of support in each individual case :thumbsup:

I think the worst part of running any animal rescue is the fact that it is probably impossible to help them all but we shall endeavour to do our best, whatever the situation :)

I have sent a donation this morning. It's been so touching to read what you are doing for this poor dog and I wish all of you the very best of luck with the coming days and weeks.

So pleased to read that Molly had a good night :huggles:

Hope all goes well today :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see more pics of her :wub: and pups real soon :wub:

Aww Trish, she sounds and looks lovely, and Im so glad shes had a good night poor girl ..Im sure she will recognise people who care.... :huggles:

I cant wait to hear the outcome....Bless you all. :)

meant to add Ive just made a small donation :thumbsup:

aww molly sounds like a propper sweet heart :wub: :wub:

safe travelling today :luck: :huggles:

I know there have been some upsets on this board and people have felt things aren't as friendly as they used to be, but what a fabulous illustration this is of members coming together as a community to help a dog in need :thumbsup:

So pleased Molly had a good night, she sounds like a little dream dog. Hope all goes well with the transport and the transfer to Jane's :luck: :luck:

wow! took me ages to catch up..like feefee has just said its fab to see k9 getting back to what its all about and it is very humbling to see so many people pull together at this time :thumbsup: so glad that molly had a good night..trish be strong today :huggles: jane...please let me know what you need for molly and the pups and i will bring it down when i get lil....see you soon xxxxx

right, Elisha has the most lovely winnie the pooh teddy that was brought back from the states for her, it was so nice ive never let her play with him, he was put away for safe keeping.

Elisha will be selling raffle tickets at the next 2 race meetings and all proceeds of the raffle will go to scrouples :thumbsup:

here he is

winniethepooh4.jpg

winniethepooh3.jpg

winniethepooh2.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back