The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Seeding !!!

:( As a person who is hoping to join the non ped racing scene next year, I'm afraid the thread is putting me off a bit. i know nothing about non ped racing or the way it is run. :eek: please some one tell me it's not always this intense, with people falling out.

I love looking at the photo's and wish i was there, but seriously having a rethink at the moment. :unsure: Diane

It's not always this intense, or people falling out all the time :clown: Most people get on ok, but there will always be competition. Dont let it put you off, it's no different to any other sport :D people want their dogs to do well, some just a bit more than others :- " :blink: Racing whippies is fab, well.........in the warm weather anyway!! Would be glad to give you any help we can ( altho only been racing for 2 years, so dont know what it's worth!!)

chris

:) Thank you Chris, i think i am going to need all the help i can, but not for a while yet, my pup is only 10 weeks old, and still in Ireland at the moment. :thumbsup: Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
We have our discussions and whilst they can get heated, the debate is usually constructive. Everyone ultimately wants to make racing safe, fair and enjoyable.

I think my BF summed it up best when he went to the English Derby party night, we're like one big family, we laugh, cry and bicker together but it's rare that any of us hold grudges. :thumbsup:

The World would be a boring place if we was all the same.

:) Thanks Wild Whippies, I've learnt a lot just reading the post and some of it makes sense. :eek: but I'm sure by the time i begin to race my pup you will all be friends again. (w00t) I look forward to meeting you all. :thumbsup: Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
gabbitas31 said:
:( As a person who is hoping to join the non ped racing scene next year, I'm afraid the thread is putting me off a bit. i know nothing about non ped racing or the way it is run.  :eek: please some one tell me it's not always this intense, with people falling out.I love looking at the photo's and wish i was there, but seriously having a rethink at the moment. :unsure: Diane

Come off it Diane, you'll fit in nicely coming from the lurcher racing scene :lol:

gabbitas31 said:
:( As a person who is hoping to join the non ped racing scene next year, I'm afraid the thread is putting me off a bit. i know nothing about non ped racing or the way it is run.  :eek: please some one tell me it's not always this intense, with people falling out.I love looking at the photo's and wish i was there, but seriously having a rethink at the moment. :unsure: Diane

I was just going to say how well this thread had been with regards to people putting their views forward without the falling out on some previous threads --we all have a point of view and an opinion on most aspects of racing --

most of the racing fraternity respect others points of view but not always agree with them and its good to air them in the correct manner without any back biting---

constructive criticism coupled with tolerance/respect for other peoples points of view-------are the order of the day ----NO NOT APRIL FOOL!!!!!!

respect is the word ---

steve /ALI -F

milly said:
gabbitas31 said:

Come off it Diane, you'll fit in nicely coming from the lurcher racing scene :lol:

:- " I'm sure i don't know what you mean Geoff. But i do know I'm not afraid to speak my mind after what happen to me a few years ago. :(

I am hoping to come to High Gate to run my dog and have some fun and meet new people., winning isn't every thing but it's nice now and again. :p Diane

gabbitas31 said:

don't let this or anyother topic put you off joining our non-ped racing, constructive debates go a bit over the top and allways stray off topic on here but out on the track were not a bad bunch, some more competative than others but on the whole everyone is friendly and more than willing to offer help to anyone in need owners and dogs new and old. We have some great camping weeks and weekends events where there is a brilliant social side to round off a good days racing

:luck: Welcome to our sport/hobby look forward to seeing your pup make its debut :luck:

gabbitas31 said:

Wasn't gonna post on this thread again :oops: :lol: Don't let what i've said put you off Diane.I've said my piece(peace :lol: )and i've already forgotten all about it.Here's to healthy debate and dog racing at its best :thumbsup: :D

gabbitas31 said:

as someone has already said the social side is great. take the english derby weekend 4 instance one of the biggest & best races of the year will c 200+ dogs racing on sat 2 make their way into the semis on sun and theres consolation. friday night everyone, well most people r saving themself 4 saturdays racing but the pub will b open and there will no doubt b a quiz about whippets going round along with a domino tournament & or a pool tournament. sat morning there has been known to b a north v south footy match puppy/dog shows etc going on then theres the racing! sat night is fancy dress night prizes for the winners, also its x factor night kids x factor, adults, groups etc its hilarious half the time take the village people last year pmsl. sunday is the finals, local newspaper is there for the main winners etc. then sunday night is the presentation which the lord mayor attends then a disco! finally on monday theres anoter open to round the weekend off nicely. now ive just had an idea for another topic lol

:lol: Sounds like my kind of fun, nothing like a good laugh, and I'm not put off NOW.

:thumbsup: Good luck to you all for the rest of the year. :thumbsup: Diane.

rob67 said:
It's not always this intense, or people falling out all the time  :clown: Most people get on ok, but there will always be competition. Dont let it put you off, it's no different to any other sport :D people want their dogs to do well, some just a bit more than others :- "  :blink: Racing whippies is fab, well.........in the warm weather anyway!! Would be glad to give you any help we can ( altho only been racing for 2 years, so dont know what it's worth!!)
chris

think you have more than proved you could help, only 2 years and Ch of Chs and Sup Rch :thumbsup: you'll be after my bad name next lol :) :)

hellbound said:
rob67 said:
It's not always this intense, or people falling out all the time  :clown: Most people get on ok, but there will always be competition. Dont let it put you off, it's no different to any other sport :D people want their dogs to do well, some just a bit more than others :- "  :blink: Racing whippies is fab, well.........in the warm weather anyway!! Would be glad to give you any help we can ( altho only been racing for 2 years, so dont know what it's worth!!)
chris

think you have more than proved you could help, only 2 years and Ch of Chs and Sup Rch :thumbsup: you'll be after my bad name next lol :) :)

:b :b :b just good dogs, hard training and the ability to kick rob out of bed in the morning to take them for a walk (w00t)

:thumbsup: you keep kicking Rob (w00t) :- " :- " , because its working a treat Chris :thumbsup:

rob67 said:
GRAHAM PEM said:
rob67 said:
Just wondered if greyhounds are 'seeded'.............I know they dont run on the straights but i wondered about the bends.
chris

yes they are seeded infact there having the same debate on flappersdream at the oment

Who seeds them then graham? Is it the trainers, owners or NGRC? Sounds like a debate that has no one answer :D as ever (w00t)

THE RACING MANAGER

Rule 78 - Wide, Middle and Railer - definitions

A Greyhound classified as a seeded Wide Runner in a Graded Race or originally so classified in an Open Race under Rule 79(ii), indicated on the Racecard and published programme by a 'W' against its name or against the Trap Number it occupies, shall be a Greyhound which in the opinion of the Racing Manager is best suited to starting outside runners not so classified, across the course.

A Greyhound classified as a seeded Middle Runner in a Graded Race or originally so classified in an Open Race under Rule 79(ii), indicated on the Racecard and published programme by a 'M' against its name or against the Trap Number it occupies, shall be a Greyhound which in the opinion of the Racing Manager is best suited to starting on the inside of wide runners and outside of a Railer.

A Greyhound not defined in (i) or (ii) shall be classified as a Railer. A Railer is a Greyhound which in the opinion of the Racing Manager is best suited to starting on the inside of Middle and/or wide runners'.

return to the rule index

just for you Maurice :rolleyes:

Ooo!!! Do I win something?! I had a bet on that seeding would be brought up before next bend champs!! :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back