The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Seeding !!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Vicky said:
BWRA Champs are the best place to do an open draw if you ask me - all races are off levels until the run offs and then seeding doesn't count.I'm sorry but if i had a dog that needed seeding then i wouldn't take any committee's word for it that a draw had taken place, there are breeders and racers on both committee's who by no means would i expect to be unbiased (by doing an open draw they are simply covering their own back - now who wouldn't want to do that). 

I should think if you have nothing to hide then doing the draw in public wouldn't be a problem for any race organisers - all i can say to both governing bodies is - no open draw, expect a lot of criticism!!!

There goes me with the death trap / lure problems and re-runs at future opens :- "

[SIZE=14pt]BANG ON VICKY[/SIZE] :thumbsup: WE :wub: YOU.

jasper. said:
DAVIDH , BOTH VICKY AND JACS ARE RIGHT ON THIS MATTER,  IT MAY NOT ALTER THE OUTCOME, BUT IT IS SEEN TO BE FAIR FOR ANY THAT ARE IN DOUBT....... THE NEW FED DID NOT HAVE TO WAIT TILL THERE ANUAL MEETING TO DECIDE...

ANYWAY I HAVE BEING GOING TO THE BEND CHAMPS FOR 11 YEARS, AND I HAVE YET TO SEE TWO FAVOURATES DRAWN IN THE SAME HEAT.....AND IF THE DRAW WAS DONE FAIR OUT OFF THE HAT, THEN .....WHY?

Oh a new comer to racing eh ???Maurice who just thinks rules are there to break--Flog him before racing commences ---and hang him after---LOL

steve

wild whippies said:
Vicky said:
BWRA Champs are the best place to do an open draw if you ask me - all races are off levels until the run offs and then seeding doesn't count.I'm sorry but if i had a dog that needed seeding then i wouldn't take any committee's word for it that a draw had taken place, there are breeders and racers on both committee's who by no means would i expect to be unbiased (by doing an open draw they are simply covering their own back - now who wouldn't want to do that). 

I should think if you have nothing to hide then doing the draw in public wouldn't be a problem for any race organisers - all i can say to both governing bodies is - no open draw, expect a lot of criticism!!!

There goes me with the death trap / lure problems and re-runs at future opens :- "

Seeing as though you have been one person this year who has made vested efforts to do public draws at opens held in the North West this year, I think your experiences and opinions are probably the most valuable.

You've not only had dogs entered in those events but took entries, done the handicapping, had 2 kids in tow and took photos and all. Some may also recall at the Gin Pit last year she pulled off the handicap and racing was ready to kick off, 1 hour after taking entries (including timed in peds!)

Ok recognition should also go to Mark for supporting her and the rest of the club for mucking in but she's shown it's workable on more than one occasion now.

So when folk say it's not, I'm sorry but your wrong because one individual has already been doing this succesfully.

I wouldn't mind but I don't think it's overtly unreasonable to have a few regional members to witness the draw, it's hardly an unmanagable mob.

I do so wish people would stop implying that we think there's some sort of corruption going on this is simply not the case. Dobs drew red at the open we held in December, as it was our open I would guarantee that some may have 'thought' ill of the draw but they was unable to because the draw had been done in public. It made me feel better knowing that no-one could possibly imply that someone had done me a favour.

Every one is good at something and Vicky is a Brilliant multi-tasker she amazes me how she can look after two kids (one baby-Mark) lol many a time she has her grand-dad with her roughly 5 dogs a camera and still seems to have time for a bit of daft crack and never in a strop always greet you with a smile she is always up/down--lol-- for whatever is going on and involved Vicky your a CFN--in the true sense of the words--

steve

When i mentioned ballajura been a railer and Chrystal blue been a wide runner ...i used these as an example, i heard David was a little up set about it , i didn't mean to offend anyone

jasper. said:
WHY DONT ALL THE SC RACERS PREE ENTER NOW, THEN WE CAN HAVE THE DRAW OUTCOME SENT TO US... THIS WILL SAVE THE STRESS ON THE DAY, AND TIME TOO...
E,G

NO LIMIT

R.?

B......

W....

B. ....

O. ....

HEAT 2

R.?

B. ...

W. ...

B. ....

O. ...

they are all scratch racers to start off with Maurice and to save stress and time on the day lets have some trust in the people we have elected to do the job ,believe me people work much better in a relaxed atmosphere and lets all play our own part in getting our dogs ready and over to the traps in good time.

I'm all for an open draw not because I don't trust the organisers I just think it makes the whole days racing more interesting and exciting waiting for your dogs name to be drawn out from a racers point of view .

Its unlikely there is going to be an open draw at this years BWRA events unlike the NNWRF any changes made to BWRA procedures are done through the propsals which take place this year so the ideal opportunity to to get some constructive changes brought in for 2009

Karen-Coral said:
wild whippies said:
Vicky said:

Seeing as though you have been one person this year who has made vested efforts to do public draws at opens held in the North West this year, I think your experiences and opinions are probably the most valuable.

You've not only had dogs entered in those events but took entries, done the handicapping, had 2 kids in tow and took photos and all. Some may also recall at the Gin Pit last year she pulled off the handicap and racing was ready to kick off, 1 hour after taking entries (including timed in peds!)

Ok recognition should also go to Mark for supporting her and the rest of the club for mucking in but she's shown it's workable on more than one occasion now.

So when folk say it's not, I'm sorry but your wrong because one individual has already been doing this succesfully.

I wouldn't mind but I don't think it's overtly unreasonable to have a few regional members to witness the draw, it's hardly an unmanagable mob.

I do so wish people would stop implying that we think there's some sort of corruption going on this is simply not the case. Dobs drew red at the open we held in December, as it was our open I would guarantee that some may have 'thought' ill of the draw but they was unable to because the draw had been done in public. It made me feel better knowing that no-one could possibly imply that someone had done me a favour.

Every one is good at something and Vicky is a Brilliant multi-tasker she amazes me how she can look after two kids (one baby-Mark) lol many a time she has her grand-dad with her roughly 5 dogs a camera and still seems to have time for a bit of daft crack and never in a strop always greet you with a smile she is always up/down--lol-- for whatever is going on and involved Vicky your a CFN--in the true sense of the words--

steve

presented to Vicky lol your the best

2454997895.jpg

it will be upto the bwra if they do an open draw and i dont care what anyone says it makes committees feel as though there not trusted :( so surly 3 or 4 individual racers in the draw if its not done openly would solve the problem :) i personaly couldnt give a toss wether its open or not so i dont have a problem either way :)

mutley said:
it will be upto the bwra if they do an open draw and i dont care what anyone says it makes committees feel as though there not trusted :(   so surly 3 or 4 individual racers in the draw if its not done openly would solve the problem :) i personaly couldnt give a toss wether its open or not so i dont have a problem either way :)
totally agree gary :- " just let them do there job. :blink:

it's a thankless task o:)

this should be sorted out through the proper channels not on here :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
JOHNG said:
mutley said:
it will be upto the bwra if they do an open draw and i dont care what anyone says it makes committees feel as though there not trusted :(   so surly 3 or 4 individual racers in the draw if its not done openly would solve the problem :) i personaly couldnt give a toss wether its open or not so i dont have a problem either way :)
totally agree gary :- " just let them do there job. :blink:

it's a thankless task o:)

this should be sorted out through the proper channels not on here :oops:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: spot on :luck:

i am very sad but ive had a look back @ last years bwra bend champs. seems like 4 some reason everyone wants to seed their dog as a railer wanting the red box? i may b wrong i dont know as i know sfa about bends but thats how it seems. anyway looking back @ last years bwra bend champs the most races were won from the ....................... BLUE BOX lol 15 from the blue, 10 from the white, 9 from the red and 7 from the black maybe they didnt use an orange box? as someone has already said i think it may have been fletcher if a dog is gonna win it will win from any trap. good luck 2 u all b very interesting to c wot trap produces the most amount of winners lol

It's been made clear on numerous occasions that anything BWRA will not get sorted on k9, i don't think people are expecting that, just giving their opinion which unless they are being personal towards an individual committee member they are entitled to do. Afterall if it's not said on k9 it's said at the tracks and more than likely behind peoples backs, i'm sure the committee (those that have access to k9 or get the posts sent to them) can appreciate that. :thumbsup:

there nowt worse than having a railer or wide runner cos your not only worried about not getting red/orange box but also costing another dog the chance of winning the race because your dog turns left/right out of the box ...........

simpson said:
there nowt worse than having a railer or wide runner cos your not only worried about not getting red/orange box but also costing another dog the chance of winning the race because your dog turns left/right out of the box ...........
Exactly. :thumbsup:

sherry said:
i am very sad but ive had a look back @ last years bwra bend champs. seems like 4 some reason everyone wants to seed their dog as a railer wanting the red box? i may b wrong i dont know as i know sfa about bends but thats how it seems. anyway looking back @ last years bwra bend champs the most races were won from the ....................... BLUE BOX  lol 15 from the blue, 10 from the white, 9 from the red and 7 from the black maybe they didnt use an orange box? as someone has already said i think it may have been fletcher if a dog is gonna win it will win from any trap. good luck 2 u all b very interesting to c wot trap produces the most amount of winners lol
Yes it was fletcher craigie. :lol:

sherry said:
i am very sad but ive had a look back @ last years bwra bend champs. seems like 4 some reason everyone wants to seed their dog as a railer wanting the red box? i may b wrong i dont know as i know sfa about bends but thats how it seems. anyway looking back @ last years bwra bend champs the most races were won from the ....................... BLUE BOX  lol 15 from the blue, 10 from the white, 9 from the red and 7 from the black maybe they didnt use an orange box? as someone has already said i think it may have been fletcher if a dog is gonna win it will win from any trap. good luck 2 u all b very interesting to c wot trap produces the most amount of winners lol

but if you don't seed inside at the present time you'll have no chance of the blue box either.

if you dont seed then organizers would give you middle if your dog has no prefrence :thumbsup: wide/railers would be drawn depending on number.

would say if 4 runners 3 wide, one no seeding it would be given the red inside. :wacko: ????????.

Really p###ed off :rant: and feel the need to comment on this topic for the last time.Do not want to take anything from what was a great day yesterday :thumbsup: but after leaving was told of a phone call that was made to a friend in the week.

I want to let the person(s) involved know that I consider that phone call as blackmail to stop me from voicing my opinion :rant: and just to let you know,that you have not got a cat in hells chance of me not voicing my opinion. Karen

P S Had I have known about this whilst at the champs I would have said something in person

rodders said:
Really p###ed off :rant: and feel the need to comment on this topic for the last time.Do not want to take anything from what was a great day yesterday :thumbsup: but after leaving was told of a phone call that was made to a friend in the week.I want to let the person(s) involved know that I consider that phone call as blackmail to stop me from voicing my opinion :rant: and just to let you know,that you have not got a cat in hells chance of me not voicing my opinion.    Karen

P S Had I have known about this whilst at the champs I would have said something in person

:thumbsup: well said Karen its disgraceful that a constructive debate on here can once again lead to this sort of behaviour its good to know that you are not one to be censored by this type of indirect bullying tactics blackmail is illegal in this country FREEDOM of speach is a right

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back