The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Silver Brindle

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Liz Third said:
Judy said:
In my database I've got Bruntsfield Cloudberry as being "heavily blue sabled"  I don't know where I got that from though. He looks almost liver coloured in the photo. Can you remember what colour his nose was Liz. He's very striking.
He was registered "blue and tan", as was his sister. (The litter consisted of 6 all this colour.) Maybe blue and fawn would have been a better description, but the blue part was a very dark steely blue, and the distribution was similar to any black and tan marked breed. His nose was black.

His parents were Bruntsfield Jelly Roll. a red fawn with blue mask, and Bruntsfield The Phantom, a blue /fawn and white particolour.(She was one of a litter of two, the other was the same colour as Cloudy).

Unfortunately he was only used at stud once, to a brindle bitch and she had one brindle puppy. As far as I know none of the others were bred from, certainly not the two bitches as I kept in touch with them and they were in pet homes.

I think we have talked about this colour before but I find colour so interesting! I have only seen one in the flesh (although he was black not blue), a dog called Xsora's Spectacular Bid who, I believe, was American lines. Lorena Grisoli used (I assume his litter brother) Xsora's Secreto and produced ???what colours I don't know. I think Loroli Count Alex of Carmodian was one of that litter (Can Beejay help here??). Can't remember which bitch but I would think out of her Sunsalve Fashion Star who was by Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight x Lowglen Songbird. I know there was one black/tan dog in that litter who went to France and was made up.

Are any of these dogs/lines behind Cloudberry Liz???

Pat Hutchings Rocky I think that I'm right. Lyd knew him.

Sired by Hutaka Helix at Bayard (Ch Cottonmere Monty of Oakbark x Ch Sunsalve Hollidaze at Hutaka) and out of Xzora's Northern Trick (Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight of Hutaka x Am Ch Xzora's Genuine Risk( Imp) )

X Secretto is X Northern Tricks bro so uncle to X Spectacular Bid.

X Secretto was mated to Sunsalve Fashion Star to produce L Count Alex at Carmodian.

saraquele said:
Kim and Tilly said:
dessie said:
Dusilla said:
bardmand said:
Judy said:
A thought!  (w00t)   - I know the standard allows for any colour and we all think thats great, but do we really? What would you all think if a blue merle whippet turned in the ring?
I must admit it would have made me wonder if it was really a purebred whippet. Same would go for a black and tan whippet (althought I'm sure both would have looked lovely)

I'd love to see a purebred blue merle or black and tan whippet :wub: . Could a merle gene mutate to produce a blue merle puppy from [SIZE=14pt]mm[/SIZE] parents?

This mantle(?) colour is also very nice:

http://hometown.aol.com/shamasan2/images/s...michael0677.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/shamasan2/images/s...michael0681.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/shamasan2/ShamasanHolySmokes.html

Does this colour occur often in Britain?

The colour on this Shamasan dog is lovely, reminds me of a Grizzle Saluki, but the dog himself is not very whippety IMO, all too overdone for me and I like a bit of scope!!!

What do you mean by too overdone?? :b :- " (im a newbe)

Bean started off with blue eyes, they have gone greyish now though :(

ALL PUPPIES START OFF WITH BLUE EYES AND THEY GRADUALLY GO DARKER AS THEY GET OLDER .

Oh :oops: :b

BeeJay said:
Pat Hutchings Rocky I think that I'm right.  Lyd knew him.
Sired by Hutaka Helix at Bayard (Ch Cottonmere Monty of Oakbark x Ch Sunsalve Hollidaze at Hutaka) and out of Xzora's Northern Trick (Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight of Hutaka x Am Ch Xzora's Genuine Risk( Imp) )

X Secretto is X Northern Tricks bro so uncle to X Spectacular Bid.

X Secretto was mated to Sunsalve Fashion Star to produce L Count Alex at Carmodian.

OK, that's where the connection comes in because Sunsalve Hollidaze was litter sister to Fashion Star and they were by Tawny Knight. But no more that colour, as far as I am aware, have popped up since. One assumes that both Tawny Knight and the Xsora's line must carry the gene for the colour if it is recessive, would that be right Judy??

Yes, there is a connection, in that Cloudy's mum, B The Phantom, was by Allgarth Canny Laird, litter brother to Tawny Knight's mum, Allgarth Countess Penelope. They were both by CH Lowglen Newbold Cavalier ex Shalfleet Stylish.

Liz Third said:
Yes, there is a connection, in that Cloudy's mum, B The Phantom, was by Allgarth Canny Laird, litter brother to Tawny Knight's mum, Allgarth Countess Penelope.  They were both by CH Lowglen Newbold Cavalier ex Shalfleet Stylish.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! The plot thickens!! Have you any Whips from this line still Liz??

BeeJay said:
Yep my Bean is Fleetway Ebony Edition.  His father btw is Lydia's Guy (Sunne In Splendour of Darkstars) also a black.  Then Guy's sire is Dessie's Frankie (Wyemere Silken Black).  Frankie was mated to Derohan Pretty Polly (Brindle) whose pet name I can't remember at the mo.  She's owned by Dessie's great friend and vet.  D Pretty Polly's dam was the wonderful Dessie herself (Toerag Out And About with Derohan).  I'm not sure but I think that Dessie might have been a silver brindle.  Somewhere on here there are pics of Bean, Guy, Frankie and Dessie.  Also pics of the very handsome and multi talented Bruntsfield Playaway are on here.  Lots of his pups on here too I think.  :thumbsup:
Tigger

my two bitches are grandaughters to your dog fleetway ebony edition.

two.JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back