The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Skokloster (tammsvik) Sighthound Show

Lana,

I thought you where allowed to try before you buy. Orrrrr gee out of luck again. LOL

Jill

What window will we look through today? Will it be the square window, the rectangle window, or, the "round" window? :- " I think it will be the "round" window. :cheers:

JAX said:
Morgan said:
Results of today's show judged by Ann Marie Curran in  Lövudden
entries 31 + 29

Best dogs/bitches

BD-1 Ch Barnesmore Galileo, CACIB BOS

BD-2 Meandi Chase The Dream (jkl), CERT

BD-3 Ch Adagio Love Supreme, R-CACIB

BD-4 Ch Courtborne Ramazotti

BD-5 Courtborne Jazz-Frodo (ökl)

BB-1 Signum Ninfa (jkl), CERT BOB

BB-2 Adagio Rosebud (ukl), CACIB ( :cheers: my brag: she is sired by our Mojo, Int. Fr. Fin. Swe. Belg. Lux. NL Ch. Taraly Stairway To  Heaven)

BB-3 Ch Adagio She's The One, R-CACIB

BB-4 Sobers Fortune (jkl)

BB-5 Källornas Fröja (ökl)

BOB Veteran Ch. Signum Guyana

BOB Progeny Ch. Adagio Love Supreme

BOB Breeders Group: Adagio

Classes Results:

HANAR

Juniorklass (5 - 1 tvåa)

1. Tappinskis Blimey What A Blotch, CK

2. Burnt Sienna Rush Street, CK

3. Meandi Chase The Dream, CK BH-2 CERT

4. Bokellas Fritz Thaulow, HP

Unghundsklass (5 - 3 tvåor)

1. Twin Hill's Château Calon, CK

2. Zadiyads Elexir

Bruks/jaktklass (2 - 2 tvåor)

Öppen klass (8 - 2 tvåor)

1. Courtborne Jazz-Frodo, CK

2. Khalibadh Solglimt, CK

3. Åbrinkens Briam Apo'Azzar, CK

4. Fornix Isak, CK

5. Bokellas Ron Weasley

Championklass (9)

1. Ch Barnesmore Galileo, CK BH-1 CACIB BIM

2. Ch Adagio Love Supreme, CK BH-3 R-CACIB

3. Ch Courtborne Ramazotti, CK BH-4

4. Ch Adagio No Regrets, CK

5. Ch Khalibadh Majsol, CK

TIKAR

Juniorklass (9 - 3 tvåor)

1. Signum Ninfa, CK BT-1 CERT BIR

2. Sobers Fortune, CK BT-4

3. Källornas Gunlög, HP

4. Tappinskis Babe You Are Pretty

5. Albicans Miss Saigon

Unghundsklass (4)

1. Adagio Rosebud, CK BT-2 CACIB

2. Balzac Orgelforum, CK

3. Balzac Ord & Bild, HP

4. Hjortronblommas Just Bring Me Love

Öppen klass (6)

1. Seregon Arwen, CK

2. Källornas Fröja, CK BT-5

3. Khalibadh Höststorm, CK

4. Swaara Velvet Goldmine, CK

5. Burnt Sienna Makena

Championklass (5)

1. Ch Adagio She's The One, CK BT-3 R-CACIB

2. Balzac Bird On The Wire, CK

3. Ch Burnt Sienna Kaanapali, CK

4. Ch Adagio Ma'Africa, CK

5. Ch Adagio The Way You Dream, CK

Veteranklass (1)

1. Ch Signum Guyana, CK BIR-veteran

Now I know I can be a bit thick , :- " but how can a dog get BD2 when he only came 3rd in his class ? Can some one please explain :wacko:

Yeah very odd :blink: But as its our Louis' brother I'll forgive the strangeness :p :D

JAX said:
Morgan said:
Results of today's show judged by Ann Marie Curran in  Lövudden
entries 31 + 29

Best dogs/bitches

BB-1 Signum Ninfa (jkl), CERT BOB

BB-2 Adagio Rosebud (ukl), CACIB ( :cheers: my brag: she is sired by our Mojo, Int. Fr. Fin. Swe. Belg. Lux. NL Ch. Taraly Stairway To  Heaven)

BB-3 Ch Adagio She's The One, R-CACIB

BB-4 Sobers Fortune (jkl)

BB-5 Källornas Fröja (ökl)

BOB Veteran Ch. Signum Guyana

BOB Progeny Ch. Adagio Love Supreme

BOB Breeders Group: Adagio

Classes Results:

HANAR

Juniorklass (5 - 1 tvåa)

4. Bokellas Fritz Thaulow, HP

Unghundsklass (5 - 3 tvåor)

1. Twin Hill's Château Calon, CK

2. Zadiyads Elexir

Bruks/jaktklass (2 - 2 tvåor)

2. Khalibadh Solglimt, CK

3. Åbrinkens Briam Apo'Azzar, CK

4. Fornix Isak, CK

5. Bokellas Ron Weasley

Championklass (9)

4. Ch Adagio No Regrets, CK

5. Ch Khalibadh Majsol, CK

TIKAR

Juniorklass (9 - 3 tvåor)

1. Signum Ninfa, CK BT-1 CERT BIR

2. Sobers Fortune, CK BT-4

3. Källornas Gunlög, HP

4. Tappinskis Babe You Are Pretty

5. Albicans Miss Saigon

Unghundsklass (4)

1. Adagio Rosebud, CK BT-2 CACIB

2. Balzac Orgelforum, CK

3. Balzac Ord & Bild, HP

4. Hjortronblommas Just Bring Me Love

Öppen klass (6)

1. Seregon Arwen, CK

2. Källornas Fröja, CK BT-5

3. Khalibadh Höststorm, CK

4. Swaara Velvet Goldmine, CK

5. Burnt Sienna Makena

Championklass (5)

1. Ch Adagio She's The One, CK BT-3 R-CACIB

2. Balzac Bird On The Wire, CK

3. Ch Burnt Sienna Kaanapali, CK

4. Ch Adagio Ma'Africa, CK

5. Ch Adagio The Way You Dream, CK

Veteranklass (1)

1. Ch Signum Guyana, CK BIR-veteran

Now I know I can be a bit thick , :- " but how can a dog get BD2 when he only came 3rd in his class ? Can some one please explain :wacko:

You will have to brush up on this strange system if you judge in Europe. (w00t) If the dogs get an 'excellent' in thier class they all come back in to challenge. In the class you dont have to really put them in any order, just the excellents stand at the top of the line. You can dish out as many excellents as you like. English judges sometimes seem quite loath to say a dog is excellent but I would think of this word as being a fairly good specimen that I would like to see again. You know sometimes you judge one class and then the next class comes in and you think, wow the first 4 in the last class were better than all these. I hope this is fairly right and easy to understand, Im sure our friends in foreign part will tell us more if its not :thumbsup:

Thanks Karen , NOW I understand :huggles:

Karen said:
JAX said:
Morgan said:
Best dogs

HANAR

Juniorklass (5 - 1 tvåa)

Championklass (9)

You will have to brush up on this strange system if you judge in Europe. (w00t) If the dogs get an 'excellent' in thier class they all come back in to challenge. In the class you dont have to really put them in any order, just the excellents stand at the top of the line. You can dish out as many excellents as you like. English judges sometimes seem quite loath to say a dog is excellent but I would think of this word as being a fairly good specimen that I would like to see again. You know sometimes you judge one class and then the next class comes in and you think, wow the first 4 in the last class were better than all these. I hope this is fairly right and easy to understand, Im sure our friends in foreign part will tell us more if its not :thumbsup:

Yes ... BUT ... she had already placed two other dogs ABOVE this dog in the class and NEITHER of them were placed in the Best Dog 5, and they WOULD have been in the line up, unless they both broke a leg prior to Best Dog being judged. How is it that you could change your mind so much about a dog in the matter of an hour or so?

How is it that he was better than Champ Class 2nd & 3rd dogs in the Best Dog line up but not better than #1 & #2 in the Junior Class then better than them in the Best Dog? I think there's been a lapse of concentration - but let's face it - judges are human and we all make mistakes. I bet the people who own the Meandi dog were surprised to be placed BH-2 - and good luck to them! I wouldn't say no thanks. ;)

Hi!

First, remember that the system of judging is different around Europe. It is not that uncommon hearing people from the UK referring to Europe like all countries accept for the UK is all the same.......

At a few occasions every year here in Sweden a judge might place a dog third in the class and award this dog CQ (champion quality, meaning that the dog is good enough to hold the champion title). Lets say it was raining when the class was judged and this dog that was placed third did not look that good and suddenly for the best dog judging when all dogs that was awarded CQ comes in to the ring to compete for best dog the sun starts shining and the "number three dog" suddenly looks very, very nice the judge is allowed to swoop placings. The ring steward must then talk to the judge to make him/here aware of what he/she just did and in 9 out of 10 times when this happens the judge made a deliberate choice to change earlier placings.

When this happens there is always alot of discussions around the ring among the showers and I have never seen a judge from any of the Nordic countries do this and I can't recall any British judge either. Mostly Americans go about doing this "swopping business"!!

Actually there is only one show during the year were I find it good that a judge can change placing and that is on Sunday at the sighthound show at Mariefred (new Tammsvik). As a judge is only allowed to judge a certain number of dogs in one day (as they have to do the critiques the judging is much slower than in the UK) a third judge is judging on Sunday (puppies and juniors). Margeret Dixon is this third judge and all the juniors she gives CQ will come in to Nenne Runsten's ring in the afternoon to compete againts the older bitches Nenne will give CQ. Nenne is then allowed to place any junior Margeret sent through the way she feels no matter how Margeret placed them.

Hope that all this makes sence!!!

Henrik Härling

aslan said:
Karen said:
JAX said:
Morgan said:
Best dogs

HANAR

Juniorklass (5 - 1 tvåa)

Championklass (9)

Yes ... BUT ... she had already placed two other dogs ABOVE this dog in the class and NEITHER of them were placed in the Best Dog 5, and they WOULD have been in the line up, unless they both broke a leg prior to Best Dog being judged. How is it that you could change your mind so much about a dog in the matter of an hour or so?

How is it that he was better than Champ Class 2nd & 3rd dogs in the Best Dog line up but not better than #1 & #2 in the Junior Class then better than them in the Best Dog? I think there's been a lapse of concentration - but let's face it - judges are human and we all make mistakes. I bet the people who own the Meandi dog were surprised to be placed BH-2 - and good luck to them! I wouldn't say no thanks. ;)

See , Lana knows what i mean :huggles: :cheers: . I do realise that all dogs given `excellent ` or what ever can come back into the ring again ( as I did with Ken , back in 2004 :- " ) But They had been placed 1,2,3,4,5 :wacko:

I also see what Henrick is saying , :huggles: I just think it all very strange . And event though I couldnt fulfil my German judging appointment :( I DO STILL understand the way to judge over there :- "

Im sure it must have seemed wierd to the exhibitors too who had been placed higher then the CC winning dog too :teehee:

Meandi Chase the Dream

dogCC.jpg

Thanks for the pic Helen. What a lovely looking boy - I hope you understand I was not questioning the quality of the actual dog.

May I ask a question (as an aspiring judge) of the Europeans? When all the champion quality dogs come back into the ring for the challenge is the judge allowed to ask the steward to move all his/her 1st place dogs to the top of the line? IF I remember correctly, when I was in Sweden the dogs all came back in pretty much in any order?

I wonder what she was thinking when this was taken? :oops: It might be, "my G string is killing me". :cheers:

amc3.jpg

playawhile said:
Hi!
First, remember that the system of judging is different around Europe. It is not that uncommon hearing people from the UK referring to Europe like all countries accept for the UK is all the same.......

At a few occasions every year here in Sweden a judge might place a dog third in the class and award this dog CQ (champion quality, meaning that the dog is good enough to hold the champion title). Lets say it was raining when the class was judged and this dog that was placed third did not look that good and suddenly for the best dog judging when all dogs that was awarded CQ comes in to the ring to compete for best dog the sun starts shining and the "number three dog" suddenly looks very, very nice the judge is allowed to swoop placings. The ring steward must then talk to the judge to make him/here aware of what he/she just did and in 9 out of 10 times when this happens the judge made a deliberate choice to change earlier placings.

When this happens there is always alot of discussions around the ring among the showers and I have never seen a judge from any of the Nordic countries do this and I can't recall any British judge either. Mostly Americans go about doing this "swopping business"!!

Actually there is only one show during the year were I find it good that a judge can change placing and that is on Sunday at the sighthound show  at Mariefred (new Tammsvik). As a judge is only allowed to judge a certain number of dogs in one day (as they have to do the critiques the judging is much slower than in the UK) a third judge is judging on Sunday (puppies and juniors). Margeret Dixon is this third judge and all the juniors she gives CQ will come in to Nenne Runsten's ring in the afternoon to compete againts the older bitches Nenne will give CQ. Nenne is then allowed to place any junior Margeret sent through the way she feels no matter how Margeret placed them.

Henrik Härling

raghammar said:
playawhile said:
Hi!

Actually there is only one show during the year were I find it good that a judge can change placing and that is on Sunday at the sighthound show  at Mariefred (new Tammsvik). As a judge is only allowed to judge a certain number of dogs in one day (as they have to do the critiques the judging is much slower than in the UK) a third judge is judging on Sunday (puppies and juniors). Margeret Dixon is this third judge and all the juniors she gives CQ will come in to Nenne Runsten's ring in the afternoon to compete againts the older bitches Nenne will give CQ. Nenne is then allowed to place any junior Margeret sent through the way she feels no matter how Margeret placed them.

Henrik Härling

Just one thing about Marget Dixon who will judge puppies and juniors, the junior dogs with ck (Champion quality) will come in to Jacki Bourdin's ring and compite for best dog and ofcourse all the dogs/bitches stands in their "class" and how they have been placed. So this is how a judging in best dog/bitch will look:

Juniors class those with ck how they have placed them

Youth class those with ck how they have placed them

Hunting/Working class those with ck how they have placed them

Open class those with ck how they have placed them

Champion class those with ck how they have placed them

Veteran Class those with ck how they have placed them

So it could not be any missunderstanding for the judge how she/he has placed them before in the classes.

In this situation the ringsteward must be very observant and tell the judge very quickly if the judge makes a switched placing but the judge is alowed.

At this show in Västerås the ring steward told the judge when the best dog competition was finished. It happend the same in the bitch class, the open bitch that was placed 2 nd ended up as Best bitch No 5 and the bitch that was No one in open was NOT placed in the bitch competition.

Last year at Tammsvik my veteran bitch Ch Flic Flac Kiss of Love was placed 2 nd with CK in veteran class by Birgitha Runmarker, Gina was later placed as No 5 in the bitch competition by Molly Rule-S and the winner of the class was not placed.

dolly said:
Meandi Chase the Dream
Wow - so much like Louis :huggles: Thanks Helen :D

Heres a little picture of Lou at 7 months so he looks quite immature, I need to take some more seeing that he is a year this friday :cheers:

7_MONTHS_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
aslan said:
Thanks for the pic Helen.  What a lovely looking boy - I hope you understand I was not questioning the quality of the actual dog.
May I ask a question (as an aspiring judge) of the Europeans?  When all the champion quality dogs come back into the ring for the challenge is the judge allowed to ask the steward to move all his/her 1st place dogs to the top of the line?  IF I remember correctly, when I was in Sweden the dogs all came back in pretty much in any order?

Hi!

No, when the classes is judged they come in in order by their number and the numbers are organised in alphabetical order. Then for the best bitch/best dog you can read what Stefan wrote.

Henrik

Margeret Dixon is this third judge and all the juniors she gives CQ will come in to Nenne Runsten's ring in the afternoon to compete againts the older bitches Nenne will give CQ. Nenne is then allowed to place any junior Margeret sent through the way she feels no matter how Margeret placed them.
Last year at Tammsvik my veteran bitch Ch Flic Flac Kiss of Love was placed 2 nd with CK in veteran class by Birgitha Runmarker, Gina was later placed as No 5 in the bitch competition by Molly Rule-S and the winner of the class was not placed.
Perfectly understandable - both instances.

So, Stefan/Henrik, they come back into the ring for the challenge in their classes and in the order they were placed. Once they are in the ring, is the judge allowed to 're-order the pack', so to speak, by grouping all of his 1st place dogs together, then all of his second places together etc. if he wanted to? Or must they all stay in the order they came in until he decides on his final placings?

aslan said:
Margeret Dixon is this third judge and all the juniors she gives CQ will come in to Nenne Runsten's ring in the afternoon to compete againts the older bitches Nenne will give CQ. Nenne is then allowed to place any junior Margeret sent through the way she feels no matter how Margeret placed them.
Perfectly understandable - both instances.

So, Stefan/Henrik, they come back into the ring for the challenge in their classes and in the order they were placed. Once they are in the ring, is the judge allowed to 're-order the pack', so to speak, by grouping all of his 1st place dogs together, then all of his second places together etc. if he wanted to? Or must they all stay in the order they came in until he decides on his final placings?

The judge is in comand of what is happening in the ring - always! And if a judge wants to place all firsts for competition he/she can do it but it can easily be so that a second or a third in on class is much much better than a first in another class. We don't have so many dogs enterd in this country so should we say at the most it will be 20 - 30 dogs with CK compete for the best dog/ bitch class. But what judges from other countries forget is that champions do not compete for the CC/CAC/cert, so a dog don't need to be placed in the betst dog class to get the CC, the best dog class can be just champions and then dogs with CK come in after the best dog competiton to the ring and compete fro the CC, that was another thing and I hope I do not make it more complicated for you folks. And as you see from the results dogs entered in junior or veteran class can't compete for the CACIB. And if you enter a dog that is over 7 years (and he ofcourse is a champion) in champion class he can compete for the CACIB.

It's much more easy in the UK the best dog/bitch gets it!

/Stefan

~JO~ said:
dolly said:
Meandi Chase the Dream
Wow - so much like Louis :huggles: Thanks Helen :D

Heres a little picture of Lou at 7 months so he looks quite immature, I need to take some more seeing that he is a year this friday :cheers:

What a very nice dog you have - congratulations!

Good luck with him in the future!

/Stefan

I'd love it if you post results, as they become available!

Lanny Morry

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back