The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Some people just shouldn't have dogs...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
If they physically can't get out of the scooter then there's not a lot else they can do, is there? And though they could be encouraged to train their dog to poo in an appropriate place, you can't legislate to stop a dog actually pooing. Given the number of able-bodied people who don't pick up after their dog, it seems unfair to target those who physically can't or for whom it is very difficult.

There will always be some who overexercise their dogs, whether in mobility scooters, on bikes or horses, or just running - it's more of a general problem, probably stemming from lack of awareness, rather than one relating specifically to mobility scooters.

I know this is an old post but i totally agree, some people do not deserve dogs!

My mum lives next door to a person who owns two tiny shih tzu, they are outside all the time. Even in the cold :( I went to pick my mum up yesterday and they were both outside huddled together on the front doorstep. They have a little plastic dogs house, water and toys in the garden. But you never see them playing or having any stimulation other than the cars coming in an out of the grove. I feel so sorry for them :(

Yea there are alot of able bodied people who don't clean up after their dogs, it really annoys me! Never even thought about how wheelchair/mobility scooter users pick up after their dogs, that's a tricky one, it's important to clean up after them so I feel like they should either get someone else to walk their dogs/go with them to walk them or hire a dog walker but I get that most mobility scooter users don't work and therefore dont have a lot of spare cash for that.
@Zero although this post was a few weeks ago it is still relevant! They're still barking!
Awww poor Shih Tzu's! What is the condition of their coats like? Do you think they get taken to a groomers? Otherwise that's a concern if they're severely matted you could notify the RSPCA about it.

people who don't clean up after their dogs

Slightly off topic but Mr F and I were out with Timber the other day and T did a poo. "I'll get it" said Mr F then commented that it was a bit sloppier than normal. I thought he had been about a foot to one side of there, and sure enough, there was his normal healthy poo. I asked Mr F if he hadn't even noticed it was cold - he was pretty annoyed at having had to pick up a stranger's poo when they couldn't be bothered to do it themselves.

That is annoying! Even if Roxy's poop is a bit loose, I still attempt to pick it up! It's also annoying when you know who doesn't pick up! There's a large dog in my village that gets walked twice a day on the exact same route each time, and you can tell it's his poop because it's huge! The family take it in turns to walk him too, sometimes even the daughter who I think must be about 10...that's not a great example to set for your child is it? You should teach them to pick up after their dog!
Another dog that I know messes everywhere is a farm dog who I've seen come out of his yard, sniff around, poop and walk back home!!! Obviously the farmer doesn't know where the dog is all the time, it's an outside dog but at least put a gate across your drive to make sure he can't get out and poop everywhere, keep it confined to your property!!

If any of my dogs do a poop i will try and pick it up then if its soft cover the rest with a leaf/grass.

My border doesn't live outside but there are times when she is just so bored she barks and barks. But we normally bring her inside, give her some water and cuddles to calm down and then go back to doing what we were doing. She's normally content enough to sit underneath her favourite chair until we've finished our work and then gets to have a play, do some agility or go for a beach walk/quick trot down the lane!
Border's are very hard to keep - they basically need walking every second. However even if they don't have the time it doesn't take much to throw a ball (we play piggy in the middle) or teach them a new trick etc. They shouldn't be letting them bark outside either, that's just plain inconsiderate. If they want to bark let them... but at a big window in the house! That's why we installed glass doors! This all sounds horrible couldn't believe what I was reading.

Going back to the poo thing, I don't like picking up cold poo unless it's in my garden and I know it's from my dogs, if I'm out and see where mine have pooped and then get there(especially in autumn) and have trouble locating it, I pick up what I find, even if not mine, but when cold it always makes me go 'oohhh,nasty' for some reason?!:confused:o_O

Still on the poo topic..... my neighbours only clear their dog’s poo up in the garden about once a week, I couldn’t bare to leave it like that. Luckily we can’t smell it over the fence, but with some hot sunny days it might start kicking up and then I’ll have to say something. (This isn’t the same neighbours I’ve mentioned above, although I dread to think what their garden is like).
When Misty does a poo in the garden she will sit there waiting for it to be cleared up before she carries on running about. I think if she had fingers she could click she would be like:
Click, click...... ”Servant/slave, come here and clean this disgusting poo away from my playing area, there’s a good girl.” :D

Still on the poo topic..... my neighbours only clear their dog’s poo up in the garden about once a week

You're not my neighbour are you?:oops::D In my defence, he tends to go round the edges/in the borders and being raw-fed, his poos are small, firm and not very smelly at all - and if you leave them for a couple of days they tend to turn white & crumbly and then turn into gravel.

In summer I make an effort but in the winter some have probably completely biodegraded before I find them.

Hmmm, maybe JudyN :D I think with us having artificial grass the poos stand out like a sore thumb so easy to spot (and clear up).

Murphy will wee in the garden but not poop.. If he really needs an emergency poop he refuses to go out the garden doors!

Haha, I have to pick up after Rox at home as soon as she does it, because the door opens onto the drive where our cars have to drive up to get to the parking spaces...no-one likes poop of any kind on their tyres!

Murphy will wee in the garden but not poop.. If he really needs an emergency poop he refuses to go out the garden doors!
Another one like Dudley
He will not pooh in the garden. Even when he was quite young he wouldn't go in the garden. I got used to his times and for a while his last pooh was at 10pm. Luckily he now goes at more sensible times.

Still on the poo topic..... my neighbours only clear their dog’s poo up in the garden about once a week, I couldn’t bare to leave it like that. Luckily we can’t smell it over the fence, but with some hot sunny days it might start kicking up and then I’ll have to say something. (This isn’t the same neighbours I’ve mentioned above, although I dread to think what their garden is like).
When Misty does a poo in the garden she will sit there waiting for it to be cleared up before she carries on running about. I think if she had fingers she could click she would be like:
Click, click...... ”Servant/slave, come here and clean this disgusting poo away from my playing area, there’s a good girl.” :D

:D:D:D

I try not to let Den poo in the garden but on a weekend when I want to go back to bed I let him. Although I have to head out pretty quickly before he scuffs up the lawn or kicks his poo everywhere!! :eek:

@Mad Murphy, @Nanny71 that's crazy! My dog poops like 4 times a day! Are you saying you have to take them out on the lead up to 4 times a day just to go poop? Or is my dog just a poop machine!?
Dudley goes twice a day. If we are on a long walk in the morning he sometimes goes twice. The goes again on our evening walk. Pees a lot..

@Mad Murphy, @Nanny71 that's crazy! My dog poops like 4 times a day! Are you saying you have to take them out on the lead up to 4 times a day just to go poop? Or is my dog just a poop machine!?

Murphy has between 3 and 4 walks a day. One nice long walk and the rest are local ..normally he poops twice..

Having had a glimpse of @Sezzy's garden in another thread, I can see that a weekful of poops would look pretty awful. Again in my defence, my garden is a bit more wild, with places in the borders where you've got no chance of spotting a poo... until you do some weeding!

27628537187_618e62303d_c.jpg

And then down the end it gets even wilder...

41595226195_a772cd8464_c.jpg

Jasper poos three or four times a day, mostly on walks. But when he was on kibble it was at least 6 humungous ones!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back