The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Some Videos Of Sienna

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi lesley,

sienna :wub: is truley amazing,

All the hard work and commitment that you andy and jordan have put it has and will pay off, she is a real credit to you,

i saw sienna a few weeks ago at rae's, and i can honestly say that she is one very happy whippie, you have done her proud, she will be running in the field with all of ours next time i see you all.

love to all

cara ,ecksey and teazle,xx

have to say those vids made my eyes water! :( yes its distressing to see any animal not having the full use of its body especially such an active breed like a whippet but when you think how far shes come.what a journey!well done Lesley and family all the hard work is paying off and yes id have done exactly the same. :thumbsup: ive still got my little brain damaged jack russell that people on other forums said i should put to sleep cos she didnt have a quality of life and noone wanted her but she does and she enjoys every day.she reminds me of Sienna in that her motor functions are impaired but she gets around just fine (even if it is just going round in circles!) :wacko: and shes a happy little soul.keep going, the journey is hard, but i know youll get there in the end.bless you and yours and little Sienna,what a fighter she is! :huggles:

Yes, Lesley! Those videos brought a smile to my face, albeit with a tear in my eye too.

But it was a tear of relief and joy for a very special little girl who has a loving family prepared to devote their own lives to her recovery :thumbsup:

I would do the same thing myself.

Thank you for the videos .......... it was wonderful to see Sienna's very obvious improvement :thumbsup: :D

Thanks everybody :huggles:

I have to admit that when the first comment came I regretted putting the videos on because I was quite upset by it :(

But all the lovely comments since have made me glad I did, I will never regret the decisions I have made with Sienna and would do it all again :thumbsup:

When she roo roo's at me for a cuddle or waddles round the house or tells one of the puppies off for sitting on her, its worth every minute we've spent with her through this, every sleepless night we've had and every penny we've spent because she's priceless :huggles:

I know she's happy, because she lets me know me she is :)

It's always humbling to see how stoically animals deal with ill health. They put us humans to shame. It's never an easy position for the owner when something devastating happens to their pet but only the owner can know what's right for their situation, them being the only one in possession of all the facts.

I had a collie who underwent an amputation - people judged us, and said it was cruel. I would NEVER do anything I felt would make my animals suffer unecessarily. She lived her days out happy and pain free - you made your choice as to how to treat your dog and she looks to be doing fantastically well. You must be so optimistic for the future , she must be a tough little cookie. :wub:

Lots of love and luck to you all - it takes courage to work through difficult times! :huggles:

:) What a brave and determined girl Sienna is proving to be. :wub: :thumbsup:

Yes it is distressing to see any animal suffer, :( but if you know the whole story you

know that this is just the beginning and soon with our love and encouragement they

will be running around again. :huggles: :huggles:

It is 9 months ago that our Jesse's leg was amputated, he was running around just a

month after his op. :) If we had chosen not to go ahead with the op he would not be

with us today. :( :(

:luck: :luck: Sienna with your recovery and Lesley WELL DONE for all the love and

support you are giving her. :huggles: :huggles:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Mr Whippy said:
It's always humbling to see how stoically animals deal with ill health. They put us humans to shame. It's never an easy position for the owner when something devastating happens to their pet but only the owner can know what's right for their situation, them being the only one in possession of all the facts. I had a collie who underwent an amputation - people judged us, and said it was cruel. I would NEVER do anything I felt would make my animals suffer unecessarily. She lived her days out happy and pain free - you made your choice as to how to treat your dog and she looks to be doing fantastically well. You must be so optimistic for the future , she must be a tough little cookie. :wub:

Lots of love and luck to you all - it takes courage to work through difficult times! :huggles:

Thankyou for that :huggles: I do know that some people thought we were mad to consider doing this, mainly financially, which came at the bottom of our decision making list at the time to be honest.

If we had thought for one minute that there had been no hope for her to have a good quality of life in time then no matter how hard we would have made the decision to let her go, when she first had the accident Andy thought she had broken her back and although the vet wanted to move her to the hospital straight away Andy insisted on xrays because he didn't want to put her through the trauma of going through all that if there was only going to be no hope :(

But you are right we do know our dogs best and I know Sienna want to get better she wants to live and thats why she is fighting this :huggles:

I'm happy your Collie lived a happy and fulfilling life because she is an inspiration to all of us :huggles:

Whippets4eva said:
:) What a brave and determined girl Sienna is proving to be. :wub:   :thumbsup: Yes it is distressing to see any animal suffer, :(   but if you know the whole story you

know that this is just the beginning and soon with our love and encouragement they

will be running around again.  :huggles:   :huggles:

It is 9 months ago that our Jesse's leg was amputated, he was running around just a

month after his op. :) If we had chosen not to go ahead with the op he would not be

with us today. :(   :(

:luck:   :luck: Sienna with your recovery and Lesley WELL DONE for all the love and

support you are giving her.  :huggles:   :huggles:

Sonia and Jesse xx

And well done to you too Sonia :huggles: you gave Jesse a chance and should be commended for that it must have been so very hard, but so worth it now to see him running around loving life :D

what a girl Sienna is..... havin visited regularly and throughout her being poorly i can honestly say Sienna has wanted for nothing and is a very happy girl.

Frustrated sometimes im sure but she is a very strong willed and determined girl.

The huge progress is totally down to her grit and guts, and without a shadow of doubt Lesley, Andy and jordons persistance in helpin her get better. She really has had the best medical care money can buy. :huggles:

The ultimate part of this weekend was when sienna, totally of her own accord and totally unexpected, jumped onto my knee!

She will always have a very special place in my heart :wub: :huggles:

The videos did bring a tear (or two) to my eyes, but how wonderful to see her getting about as well as she is :wub: It's very early days yet for her, and to be doing so well, so soon is a credit to your love, hard work, and commitment. Well done to the whole family on what must have been such a difficult and stressful time.

Sending you lots of love and luck :luck: for continued improvement. More videos soon please when she makes another step on her road to recovery :thumbsup:

Sienna is a star :huggles:

Lesley Sienna looks to be at about the same stage as William was after his accident last year. It was about another 8 weeks before he was sound and able to walk properly but every day you could see the improvements. Just like you I was faced with the decision on what to do PTS ,amputate or perservere with him we like you chose to perserve and well you all know the end of the story with him.

Sienna is like William a fighter and she deserves the chance to recover given time. Ok she may never race again but if she is happy and enjoying life then she will be fine :cheers: :thumbsup:

What a brave girl and just WOW at how far she's come! Of course she'll run again :thumbsup: It will take time.

I know people who live with all kinds of disability and they just get on with life and just adapt for the things they can and can't do - they don't dwell on their hindrances .. they just get on with it and never refer to themselves.

I'm sure dogs are the same; they don't philosophise about what they 'should' be able to do - they just make the most of what they have. Sienna will be thinking about how to walk better just now for that drink of water with what she has and not think about 'not being able to run'. Dogs don't contemplate - they live for the moment.

And the cuddles and love are just as important.

She's fantastic and is going to have a wonderful long life. I certainly wouldn't have given up on her and put her to sleep! Just look at her rate of improvement!!!! She'll get there in the end and lets keep fingers crossed she'll at least be trotting by the end of the summer.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

:wub: aww that brought tears of joy to my eyes ,YOU KEEP GOING SIENNA YOU CAN DO IT :huggles: :wub:

i cant see the video :( i will try again later, but by the sounds of all the comments shes doing really well, well done lesley and family :huggles: well done sienna :huggles: :huggles:

Wow!! what a girl she is !!! :wub: lesley im speechless ( i know thats a first (w00t) ) i cant believe how well she has come on :huggles: just shows what can e done with the will to do it , who said miracles dont happen , i just watched one :huggles:

lesley fantastic news

all that hard work the vets nurses you and the family

and the love you all have given her is now paying off

shes a fighter everyday will be better than the one before

just shows what a fighter she is

made my day to read and see how shes doing

keep fighting sienna :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a brilliant video. It is so wonderful to see Sienna coming on so well. All your hard work and determination has paid off.

Sienna must have a tremendous fighting spirit! :D

It will be no time till she is back as good as new!

fantastic to see how determined that sweet girl is x

the work, love and care that you have shown Sienna is wonderful - i for one would have done the same - when it comes to our animals money is not an issue - we would sell up and live in a tent if it meant that our animals could have the expensive vet treatment that they needed :)

cannot wait to see how she is in another 8 weeks - and thank you for putting the videos on - it has made me realise how it could so easily happen to one of mine and that there is always hope :thumbsup:

love to you all from us

t x

I am completely thrilled for you Lesley. I would have been terrified of the financial implications and the time and commitment needed for Sienna's recovery. I only have admiration for you, Andy and Jordan, and I only hope I would be brave enough to go down the same route as you have if ever I was in that position. I understand every-one has a different view, and I would imagine that my husband's would be the opposite to mine :wacko: . Whatever we feel, I think Sienna is doing really well and the fact she can walk around now suggests she wants to improve. If she was depressed, she wouldn't try and would probably fade. Well done for recognising her will and strength, and keep on putting the videos on for us to marvel at. A plea to those who have been critical, I think this family have enough to cope with, every day is a challenge, perhaps it would be kinder to keep those comments which will hurt to yourselves, and be pleased with the acheivements of this brave dog. Whatever you feel, Lesley and family have made their decision just as you made yours when your dogs were poorly. Others may not have agreed with your choices, but that is what they were your choices.

Keep up the good work Lesley, Andy and Jordan, :huggles: to Sienna.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing !...swet little girl is doing so well... :thumbsup:

Well done for giving her chance to live. With lots of care and love you can achieve a lot (...I just do not understand how some pople can pts poor doggies so quickly without giving them chance to improve... :angry: )

If she made such great improvement withing 8 weeks, definitelly she will be able to run sooner or later and have a proper whippet live... :)

Great job!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back