The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Some Videos Of Sienna

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
You are wonderful people giving that lovely girl every chance to life - your story restores faith in human nature.

:luck: to Sienna

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Well done! You've put so much hard work in....you've every right to be thrilled with her progress. Thank you for having the courage to share this with us.

What a fantastic improvement with Sienna :thumbsup: it also brought a tear to my eye.Well done to you both of all the hard work and delication for Sienna :huggles: :huggles:

I saw the videos just before I went to work this morning and was just thrilled for you all :huggles: ......Sienna is coming on brilliantly, and looks so strong now ...... It'll be amazing how quickly her body, muscles and strength build up now, my Joanna once up and about got stronger and more determined each day, now look at her, she's 13 next week .....and to think at 7 she was nearly pts for being paralysed ...... As you know its a lot of hard work, both physically and mentally, but hey there our dogs and its all worth it in the end just to see them being them again :D .....keep up the good work xx

I can't bring myself to watch the videos yet as i know i'll cry buckets.But i'm truly delighted to hear how Sienna has come on,& i'm full of admiration for you all,you must have been to hell & back :huggles:

I have to admit they brought tears to my eyes, but of admiration for her courage and determination.

Not sure what I would have done in your situation but admire you for your dedication.

Keep at it Sienna. Hopefully you will grow stronger every day.

Debbie

i can see it (w00t) well done sienna, im shocked at how well she is doingin such a short space of time, you can see from the clips shes determand to get about by herself, and you can tell that you are all trying so hard to help her :wub: hat off to you all, your doing an amazing job well done :cheers: :huggles: :huggles:

i cant really add much more than has been said :b i'm so pleased to see the progress sienna is making and am sure she will enjoy the rest of her life fully, well done to you all for your hard work, its def paid off :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Sienna is coming on so well, well done Lesley. I know you've worked so hard with her and it is really paying off. xx :thumbsup: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: A lot of people look at Tiny with his megaesophagus and ask me why I bother with helping him swallow, emptying his throat, doing his meds etc, and the answer is because I love him, and I'd do a hell of a lot more than I do to keep him healthy and safe. :wub: :thumbsup: :huggles: It can be hard to deal with people's comments sometimes but the best thing is just ignore any negative comments and take comfort from the ones who know you are doing the right thing.xx

[SIZE=21pt]Amazing[/SIZE]

Lesley she has made such an *enormous* improvement in 3 weeks it's astonishing. I was crying watching those videos, loved it when she opened the cage door with her nose to get a better look :D

For anyone that has a negative comment please keep it to yourself this family need the support of their friends. Our Obi was hit by a car and suffered a broken back; we had no option other than to have him pts at 4 years old - if we'd had the chance we would have done exactly the same as Lesley and Andy have done. They did the right thing by not giving up because Sienna never has - to take a life is a big decision, some people may be able to make it lightly, but bearing in mind Sienna's age, spirit, family and their dedication there's no reason she wont continue to improve.

Cant wait to see you all again, at this rate she'll be in the field with the rest of them :D :luck:

That is wonderful to see how much she has improved in such a short space of time.

Just think how far she will have come in another 8 weeks time.

:huggles: to a beautiful brave girl

Rae said:
[SIZE=21pt]Amazing[/SIZE]

Lesley she has made such an *enormous* improvement in 3 weeks it's astonishing.  I was crying watching those videos, loved it when she opened the cage door with her nose to get a better look  :D

For anyone that has a negative comment please keep it to yourself this family need the support of their friends. Our Obi was hit by a car and suffered a broken back; we had no option other than to have him pts at 4 years old - if we'd had the chance we would have done exactly the same as Lesley and Andy have done.  They did the right thing by not giving up because Sienna never has - to take a life is a big decision, some people may be able to make it lightly, but bearing in mind Sienna's age, spirit, family and their dedication there's no reason she wont continue to improve.

Cant wait to see you all again, at this rate she'll be in the field with the rest of them  :D   :luck:

We are coming weekend after this one yay !!!I can't wait :D its the Northern Open this weekend and Spry is running, otherwise it would be this one :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
So wonderful to see Lesley, she has done so well and in just 8 weeks although i'm aware that it may seem longer to you. She's such a little darlin' those videos brought a little tear to my eye... well a few little tears :b

You're doing a great job, keep up th good work :thumbsup:

Love to you all, Emma xxx

I wish Id taken videos of Buffee when she paralsyed her back end . :(

If you could see her now running ( ok she still wobbles abit ) and jumping on the settee at night ,all those who doubted Lesley was doing the right thing would have known it is all worthwhile .

Good on yer girl :cheers: Sienna is on the road to a different kind of life , but it is still a life,and as long as she isnt in any pain Id be happy :huggles:

We, as humans , put human feeling and thoughts into our animal , eg , oh dear Ill never be able to chase that hare/cat again . thats NOT what dogs think , they live in the NOW, not what they used to be able to do same as if they lose their sight, they dont long to see green fields like we would

Loads of kisses from Cousin Fleur and family :* :lol:

JAX said:
I wish Id taken videos of Buffee when she paralsyed her back end . :(
If you could see her now running ( ok she still wobbles abit ) and jumping on the settee at night ,all those who doubted Lesley was doing the right thing would have known it is all worthwhile .

Good on yer girl :cheers:   Sienna is on the road to a different kind of life , but it is still a life,and as long as she isnt in any pain Id be happy :huggles:

We, as humans , put human feeling and thoughts into our animal , eg , oh dear Ill never be able to chase that hare/cat again . thats NOT what dogs think , they live in the NOW, not what they used to be able to do  same as if they lose their sight, they dont long to see green fields like we would

Loads of  kisses from Cousin Fleur and family :*   :lol:

Agree 100%! :thumbsup: Well done Lesley and Andy! :huggles:

Those brought a tear to my eye too and I can see Sienna has improved so much in the past couple of weeks. I think it's a testament to the care and effort you and your family have put in Lesley. :thumbsup: Bodies (animal and human) have an incredible ability to heal even from the most dire circumstances and I'm sure her recovery will continue it's steady progress.

lesley ..you have done such a fantastic job with sienna getting her through this

it has brought a tear to my eye for such a joy to see her walk...i know actually what you going through...it been almost a year since peggy had her accident and lost the use of her back legs and she now has a quality of life ...maybe not perfect but shes happy

yes some people can be abit negative about this but dont let this upset you, sometimes its hard for people to understand

as you say its only been about 6-8 weeks ago that she had her accident, some owners would of given up and her pts but look at her now with the love and medical attention shes improving all the time.....she'll be up and running before you know it

take care...im proud of you both...you an see in sienna eyes that shes know she has a loving family and that will give her all the determination(sp) to improve even more

Isn't she wonderful :wub: You can see she wants to try so much and you can also see the trust she has in you :huggles: I know if it had been my dog I would have wanted any/every chance possible to keep going and to see there is improvement it must give you such hope Lesley :thumbsup: :huggles:

hey WOW Sienna!

It's fantastic to see her up on her feet Lesley - never doubt yourselves, you have made a good decision (even if your bank manager wouldn't agree! :lol: )

If this is the improvement she can make with her own determination and that of her family and vet team in just 8 weeks then she stands every chance of running again in the future.

It's easy I guess to take a snapshot of how she is now and think 'oooo that's cruel to put a dog through that' - but how she is now ain't as good as it's going to get! She is in her recovery period, and naturally after any major accident it's going to take a while to get back all the abilities that you're going to eventually

She is never going to race again, but in all honesty, does anyone think she will really care about that? I bet she will run again, in her own time at her own pace .... and my guess is, that will be fine by Sienna.

:cheers: Sienna

:cheers: To your family

:cheers: To your vets

*Lesley* said:
Thanks everybody :huggles:
I have to admit that when the first comment came I regretted putting the videos on because I was quite upset by it :(

But all the lovely comments since have made me glad I did, I will never regret the decisions I have made with Sienna and would do it all again :thumbsup:

When she roo roo's at me for a cuddle or waddles round the house or tells one of the puppies off for sitting on her, its worth every minute we've spent with her through this, every sleepless night we've had and every penny we've spent because she's priceless :huggles:

I know she's happy, because she lets me know me she is :)

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

well said,

dont let anyone get you down.

quite simply priceless.xxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back