The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Spaying

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
HI Kirsty

I'm the proud owner of two, as well as Annie theres 2 year old Alfie jrt

These were taken nearly 3 weeks ago, where we spent a week at the coast. We were very lucky we picked the only week this July for good weather

holiday080a.jpg

holiday084.jpg

holiday008a.jpg

kirsty said:
Hi Mazza,
So glad Annie is doing well.  I bet you were relieved to get the sticky pad off her and over with.  I would have dreaded that bit :(   That was really nice of your vet to call you.  Not noticed Megan being windy but she seems to be a bit consipated though.  Would love to see a pic of Annie if you have any?

Hi Jax,

Persian colourpoints are lovely.  I have a pure black Persian called Chime he is soooo pretty.  The cat in the pic beside Megan is A Ragdoll.

Kirsty

Silly me . I should have Known it was a RAGDOLL :oops: I used to have a black persian called LEROY !! :eek: He died many moons ago at 16 years and his brother `Midnight ` outlived him :D

What gorgeous picture Mazza. They both look lovely and obviously get on great. As Helen said what beautiful markings Annie has, she looks so contented laying there on the beach licking her lips :wub: I hope she is still doing well.

Jax, that's great they both lived so long. Nowadays there are quite a few Persians succumb to PKD. Though there is many responsible breeders now testing the parents before they have kittens. I must say I prefer the old fashioned faced (open faced) Persians as most of them now are ultra where they have there noses somewhere nearly between their eyes :angry: It is quite difficult to find a breeder now who breeds the open faced, as the ultra are the in thing on the show bench.

( Sorry not meaning to have a cat rant, I know this is a dog site!!!!!!)

Kirsty

P.S Megan is doing well and is back on to her biscuits. I'm glad she has not picked at her stitches but is looking at them a lot and giving them the occassional lick. I suppose it will be knitting together now and maybe getting a bit itchy. Does anyone know with them being dissolving stitches, how they actually dissolve, will they fall out?

kirsty said:
What gorgeous picture Mazza.  They both look lovely and obviously get on great.  As Helen said what beautiful markings Annie has, she looks so contented laying there on the beach licking her lips :wub: I hope she is still doing well.

Jax, that's great they both lived so long.  Nowadays there are quite a few Persians succumb to PKD.  Though there is many responsible breeders now testing the parents before they have kittens.  I must say I prefer the old fashioned faced (open faced) Persians as most of them now are ultra where they have there noses somewhere nearly between their eyes :angry:   It is quite difficult to find a breeder now who breeds the open faced, as the ultra are the in thing on the show bench.

( Sorry not meaning to have a cat rant, I know this is a dog site!!!!!!)

Kirsty

P.S  Megan is doing well and is back on to her biscuits.  I'm glad she has not picked at her stitches but is looking at them a lot and giving them the occassional lick.  I suppose it will be knitting together now and maybe getting a bit itchy.  Does anyone know with them being dissolving stitches, how they actually dissolve, will they fall out?

Put some lavender on the wound , they dont like the taste ,so will stop licking . As the wound heals the stitches just seem to get asorbed in the lining .

BTW my sister only breeds the `open faced` Persians ;) I agree about the others :( they have awful trouble breathing < my sister had one as a gift , but if she does breed from her , her stud boy is very `open faced ` . I bet they have trouble cleaning up the kits too :angry:

Thanks Jax,

I will try that if she starts too lick at them again.

I think now that the painkilling injection has worn off, she is sore as she keeps looking at her tummy and spinning round now and again. She seems to be TERRIBLY constipated poor wee soul, which will not be helping matters any ideas what might help make her go, but not give her the runs? I have went out and bought her Arnica 30c as my friend who breeds cats said to give her one three times a day incase of swelling. If it still seems to be as sore tomorrow I am going to phone the vet and ask for some painkillers for her. I am not very happy she never got any away with her. Is there anyone else who has had their bitch spayed and told the injection was enough. Maybe I am just over reacting and being paranoid.

Your sisters Persians sound lovely. Good to know she breeds the open faced ones :thumbsup: As they are hard to find.

Kirsty

kirsty said:
Thanks Jax,
  She seems to be TERRIBLY constipated poor wee soul, which will not be helping matters any ideas what might help make her go, but not give her the runs? 

Your sisters Persians sound lovely.  Good to know she breeds the open faced ones :thumbsup:   As they are hard to find.

Kirsty

I find that can food usually helps. Grate some carots and mix some bran into her food.

I also give my dogs yogurt for any tummy imballance. NO MORE CHEESE - in this moment.

It must be very painful for her to push so if she has more problems ask your vet about some laxative. :luck:

Lida

Thanks Lida,

I will give that a try :thumbsup: I remember how my tummy felt when I had a c section, I didn't want to go either as I felt my tummy was going to pop open. She'll be feeling the same

Kirsty

Seraphina said:
kirsty said:
Thanks Jax,
   She seems to be TERRIBLY constipated poor wee soul, which will not be helping matters any ideas what might help make her go, but not give her the runs? 

Your sisters Persians sound lovely.  Good to know she breeds the open faced ones :thumbsup:   As they are hard to find.

Kirsty

I find that can food usually helps. Grate some carots and mix some bran into her food.

I also give my dogs yogurt for any tummy imballance. NO MORE CHEESE - in this moment.

It must be very painful for her to push so if she has more problems ask your vet about some laxative. :luck:

Lida

Just been out with her this morning and she seems to be going much better. A poo instead of a peanut :- " Hopefully her tummy will feel better now that she is not so bagged up.

Mazza and Kirsty I am so glad that your girls are doing ok afer their ops :huggles:

I'm sure their recovery will be quick. I know what you are going through as I had Jilly speyed at 7 months. She recovered really well in fact the biggest problem we had was trying to stop her bounding about in her usual way till her stitches were removed. Now 4 months later you can't even see the scar. :thumbsup:

Sending love to both your girls and Alfie too :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back