The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ssshhh She's Home!!!!!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Deb said:
Sorry for late response, but K9 seemed to crash on me for 24 hours. Love Teasel :wub: love the name. Digger says hi to his half sister :huggles:   :p
Me too Debs - thinks the host or server was down :oops:

Brilliant pictures Steve - keep them coming.

Whata big softie Leon is - cuddling little Teasel straight away. :huggles:

Picco will come round soon enough and you'll have a lovely heap of whippets on the sofa :wub:

This is making me soooo puppy broody :(

alfyn said:
Those pics of Teasel with Leon are so :wub:   :wub: Murph adores puppies & will always snuggle up & share things with them,whereas poor Flyn finds them a threat & likes to keep out the way of them until they're about 16 weeks old

Picco is just like Flyn but he is finally coming around :thumbsup: he has started playing with her now but he's still a little wary of her :unsure: they did sleep on the same settee last night so that was a little breakthrough :)

Leon on the other hand is in love :wub: and I think Teasel is too :D

pup1.jpg

pup2.jpg

pup3.jpg

pup4.jpg

Cheers

Steve

OMG :wub: :wub: :wub: Steve - those last pictures are too :wub: for words...... [SIZE=14pt]Gorgeous[/SIZE] :cheers:

Steve, your pictures are to die for, Teasel is just beautiful :wub: :wub:

:cheers: CONGRTAULATIONS :cheers: Teasel looks adorable :wub: :wub: :wub: Lovely name by the way :thumbsup:

Julie

Again- wonderful pics

Don't they look blissful together :wub: :huggles: :huggles:

Don't see many photos of Leon at home. He's usually pelting full speed along a sandy beach, water spraying either side with Picco in hot persuit.

Lovely photos, and Teasel is soo pretty. They look lovely together. :wub:

She is absolutely gorgeous. Delectable! :wub:

And that last pic of her asleep on Leon's neck... :huggles:

But please tell me .... what is a Teasel?

OK, seeing as you asked! :lol:

A teasel is a tall spiky plant growing up to 6 feet tall

History

The name teasel comes from the Old English, taesun, to tease.

The bristly flower heads, matured and dried, were used by fullers to raise the nap on woollen cloth - to 'tease' it. Fuller's Teasel was cultivated from the small teasel to have larger, stiffer and spinier flower heads specifically for the job.

The heads were attached to a wheel, spindle or cylinder, which was spun against the cloth to raise the nap. The spines were more 'elastic' that metal, which was an advantage. If an obstruction was encountered, the spines would break rather than tear the cloth.

Although metal brushes have now replaced teasel, it is still used by some who weave wool by hand, being used to separate and straighten the tangled fibres before spinning. They can also still be found used in the manufacture of billiard table cloths, the coverings of tennis balls, piano felts, the upholstery and roof linings of Rolls-Royces, and Guardsmen's tunics.

So there you go!

By the way Steve - Teasel is just BEAUTIFUL - and Leon - what a wonderful kind uncle he is being to his beautiful little neice :wub: :wub: - and I'm sure in a short time we will be seeing similar piccies of Picco doing the same! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its a tall plant , very spiky ends , cant really call them ` flowers` < ive one in the garden , I will take a pic so you can see

Just took this pic for you Lana . they do have very tiny pink flowers ,but are grown for being used as dried for arranging

Oh wow, Teasel is GORGEOUS!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: (The pup not the plant!) Those photos of her & Leon are :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hope Picco joins in on the fun soon :D

Your teasel is so beautiful. No other breeds of dogs drape themselves quite as perfectly as whippets do they!? :)

I am lost for words, those pictures of Leon and Teasel are just superb. Leon must be the most easy going boy in the world, and how lovely that he is being a surrogate Mum for that darling pup...There are no limits to his talents :wub: I am going gooey seeing that teeny girl, they grow so quickly so enjoy the cuddly squidgy stage...She is adorable and the name is fabulous, the mill where we live manufactures tennis ball and billiard table material, and there were loads of woollen mills here once. Teasels grow wild every-where..Every time I see them I will think of your little pup now :wub:

Thanks everyone :) Picco is getting better :b the trouble to begin with :unsure: was that when he ran away from Teasel she thought it was a great game and chased him :unsure:

Now he's finally stopped running away from her :rolleyes: its all a lot more relaxed around here :thumbsup: and he's actually playing with her now :)

Not quite cuddling up to eachother :unsure: but on the same settee which is an improvement :thumbsup:

group1.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Love the piks Steve!! Teasel is absolutely beautiful :wub: Your signature had me giggling with the little one darting across! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back