The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sticky Eyes!

summo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
please can you tell me if there is a product you can buy over the counter for conjunctivitis, all 3 of my mutt's got it from one of my friends dog who did not realise it was catching! a trip to the vet cost me £39 and i had to take the dog which had it the worst, i explained that all 3 had it and i soon ran out as i only got a diddy tube, another friend said she got a tube of golden eye for humans to try for her's but i don't know if i dare try it, the dog's are clear at the moment though it's in case it comes back.....any help would be gladly appreciated ;)

Have used the human stuff for eyes on mine no problem .

ive used golden eye ointment and worked a treat :thumbsup:

The active ingredient in over the counter remedies for conjunctivitus in humans is chloremphenicol and is fine to use on dogs.

The thing is that it treats conjunctivitus caused by only one type of bacteria (albeit the most common type of bacteria). If it doesn't work on humans (or dogs) you then need to get a prescription for a broad spectrum antibiotic eye ointment that usually has the brand name Fucithalmic.

I know this because both my children have suffered from conjunctivitus on a few occasions and Connie has had it once.

Golden Eye Ointment is wonderful. I have always used it. Make sure you clean nozzle after each eye. If possible keep them apart for a bit till it sinks in as they tend to rub their faces all over the beds and each other and spread it. One of mine is chief ear and eye licker, he goes round everyone checking they are clean, humans included. Hope you get clear soon.

Golden Eye Ointment is wonderful. I have always used it. Make sure you clean nozzle after each eye. If possible keep them apart for a bit till it sinks in as they tend to rub their faces all over the beds and each other and spread it. One of mine is chief ear and eye licker, he goes round everyone checking they are clean, humans included. Hope you get clear soon.
thank you....now out to get a tube!! :D

i used golden eye and the optrex one both work well :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back