The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Strange Noises

~james~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Went out armed with a torch and camera at midnight, determined to get to the bottom of the strange screeching noises

owl1.jpg

owl2.jpg

There were three of them and two moved off. I will try again another night and see if I can get all three.

How beautiful :) :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
what lovely photos,i feel like i need to whisper :lol: ;)

beautiful babies :wub:

WOW Fabulous pictures James :wub:

Aww just look at him :wub: what fantastic pictures well done for capturing that moment. :cheers:

Oh wow that's fantastic :thumbsup:

aww its like that book i read when i was a primary about the 3 owls and there mom went out lol

:wub:

Those are brilliant pictures! :thumbsup: :D :wub:

How lovely. I surprised that you managed to photograph them. (w00t)

One of the spookiest, but most exciting wildlife experiences I have had. I really didn't expect to see 3 large ghostlike birds sitting above my head just staring at me, and not particularly bothered by the torchlight. I might try hanging around until the parents come to feed them. The most difficult bit is focussing in the dark, pretty hit or miss, so I have a few blurry ones.

They must be nesting in a tree a few yards away, I am thinking of charging admittance...

Brilliant pictures, well done
clap3.gif

fantastic pictures....great to see them so close up (w00t)

Brilliant photos - they are really beautiful. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

How lovely to spot some owls, especially with them being such nocturnal creatures. I often hear them at night but haven't ever seen one.

I wonder what sort they are (I'm hopeless at recognising birds and owls!)

They look like Tawny owls to me Nicola. :thumbsup:

Nicola said:
How lovely to spot some owls, especially with them being such nocturnal creatures. I often hear them at night but haven't ever seen one.
I wonder what sort they are (I'm hopeless at recognising birds and owls!)

Janimal said:
They look like Tawny owls to me Nicola. :thumbsup:
Yes - they are tawny owls. Barn owls have the beautiful white heart shaped mask, even as chicks. They were out as dusk fell last night so it was quite easy to see them even without a torch. Mother turned up briefly, but saw us and flew off. I probably ought to build a hide or something.

Another session tonight - this time I had charged up the camera battery beforehand :oops:

(warning - may take a while to load all of these!)

owl3.jpg

owl4.jpg

owl5.jpg

owl6.jpg

owl7.jpg

owl8.jpg

owl9.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back