The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stray Lurcher

fallenangel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We got a knock on the door a few hours back off to kids they had seen a dog like on of ours running round the streets se we did a quick head count and are were all pressant and correct.

Tonys had to go out in the van on his own to look for the dog the kids said it was a whippet size brindel colour. Tony spotted the dog and its a a blue lurcher about 26" at the shoulder its easther a bitch or its been castrated cos there was no sign of any gonadds.

Tony got within inches of it a few times but the poor thing is petrifed and keeps bolting off. so hes going out again latter for another look. I feel realy usles at the minte cos i carnt help if there had been 2 of us we would have court it buy now. hope he gets it later

Poor little mite must be scared to death & its so cold out there tonight too. :(

Hope your OH manages to catch him/her before it comes to any harm being hit by a car etc.

Keep us posted to what happens & tell your OH from me well done for taking the time & trouble to try & help this poor creature, good on you both! :thumbsup:

Nina

Good luck Tony :luck: Keep us informed Wendy

Good luck - hope you are able to catch the poor dog :luck: :luck: - it must be so frightened and stressed. :(

theres a possability we know hows dog it is and iits been missing a few weeks i have got the ladys number from lurcher lass at lurcher search and will phone her in the morning the owner will have more chance catching her than tony can and its raining here now so hopfully shes found some shelter

Well done for all the help you are giving the poor lurch :thumbsup:

Hope that she is caught soon :luck:

tony spock to a lady this morning hoping it was her dog but its not so out hunting again later to see if we can catch her.

We spock to the kids again that saw her alot tony only got front on looks and the girls saw it alot so here the best discripiomn we can come up with

Blue possibel silght brindeling but only very silght

Floppy ears more saluke type but quiet large

thin white blaze on chest

fishtail collar possably green in coluor

well musseld

possabel bull cross in breeding

eather femail or casterted mail

hight 26" ruffly

Last seen in the radcliff rd area of Bury Gr Manchster

:luck: good luck with your search :luck:

Julie

Have you tried www.doglost.co.uk. It is a good site for re-uniting dogs with their owners.

Good Luck

well tony has the area pned down the dog is in and was spotted this morning again and as alexs is off school ill she whent with him and has sat on the foot path hand feeding this dog it will go to her and take food out of her hand so they have just come back for some more nice tempting thing for her in the hope alexs can get hold of the coller and and get a slip lead on her without scaring her so finger crossed

please please let us now if you have got her/hm

hope she can get hold of its collar its cold at night poor thing

good luck wendy

this is tortur tonys just drove past the houes following the dog at a distance shes only walking he dosnt want to spook her i am sat here watching and carnt do anything i am going mad

If it will come to food,could you maybe try luring it into your garden and taking it from there?

It's always nice to see dog lovers out there helping ;)

Hope it get's reunited with it's owner soon,at least it sounds like it has'nt been dumped what with the collar and if it's in good enough condition :)

Good luck :luck: with it anyway :thumbsup:

Well the dog wardens turned up so the dogs done a runner hopefully it will come back when shes gone

wendy i used to work in a racing kennel and we got a dog from ireland who was very nervous, he jumped over the paddock fence and was running loose for 3 days we tried every day to catch him but he would take off when he seen anyone coming, so i got some chicken and left a trail for about half a mile from where he was last seen back to the kennels. i made sure all the other gates were shut and put my car next to the one gate that was open and sat in wait for him he came along eating the dropped chicke and once he was in the gate i jumped out the car and shut the gate, so you should get your daughter to try that ad everyone else stay in the house maybe it will work. i hope you can catch the dog and if it feels it can trust your daughter then im sure it will come to her good luck.

Hope it's caught soon, must be very frightened :( and it's getting so cold at nights now.

Fingers crossed :luck: :luck: :luck:

Julie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back