The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sunburn Weather At The Glos Open

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Jacquie said:
Well Done to Gloucester and to all the winners  :thumbsup: It was such a shame we had one person complaining about the line judges  :( I personally thought they all done a great job  :- "
:eek: who??? how dare they :- " :- "

i thought we all did a great job :thumbsup: same lovely faces on the line as usual ;) ;)

It was a lovely day. Who was it ordered up such good weather :cheers:

Is anyone going to put the results up somewhere (or are they here already and I just cant find them?)

Glad that you all had a good day :D - very sorry that we missed it :(

Darcia said:
Is anyone going to put the results up somewhere (or are they here already and I just cant find them?)
Glad that you all had a good day  :D   - very sorry that we missed it  :(

We missed you Darc :( Are you thinking of running this week - we may have a Gloucester meet if enough people want to come :thumbsup:

peppermint lady said:
where is jo with the results then :blink:   :blink:
sSHHHHHHH

Jo is at work, and Jo never keeps a programme going beyond the first 5 races. June and Judy do that! 8)

trish g said:
Sorry i didnt take many pics yesterday,i got sunburnt too easily so couldnt stay in the sun too long :sweating:   :sweating:

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

Thanks so much for these pictures of my Fynn winning his first heat. We rarely get to see our own dogs in photos as Lloyd is usually catching them, a rare treat. So pleased with my little lad who is coming back from a couple of injuries. I never expected to get in a final, let alone him come second in his group.

I think these are races 8 and 9, Maiden 24-27 lb

First lot

Whirling Whimbrel R

Cairdean Born Slippy B

Suits me W

Menin Gate Bk

Eye of the Storm Y

Second lot

Twinkles Daughter R

Savernake Blacksmith B

Magical Mayhem W

Deadly Twister Bk

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a great day.... Big Thank you to Gloucester for putting on a well run open :cheers: As for the weather... we must have brought it with us from the sunny Northern (w00t)

June Jonigk said:
Darcia said:
Glad that you all had a good day  :D   - very sorry that we missed it  :(

We missed you Darc :( Are you thinking of running this week - we may have a Gloucester meet if enough people want to come :thumbsup:

We would defo be up for running on sunday if you do go ahead and hold a meeting, let us know :thumbsup:

I may have recovered from the sunburn by Sunday, so may join you. It will be nice to run a dog without a commentary. In reply to the comments concerning line judging, in future those abusing the line-judges should be asked to leave. We may all question the odd decision from time to time but there is no need to make a personal attack on someones ability or integrity.

LJH said:
I may have recovered from the sunburn by Sunday, so may join you. It will be nice to run a dog without a commentary. In reply to the comments concerning line judging, in future those abusing the line-judges should be asked to leave. We may all question the odd decision from time to time but there is no need to make a personal attack on someones ability or integrity.
It is a sad that people have to spoil meeting by doing/saying things like this :( .The worst thing is some one stood near the line who thinks they see a different result :blink: (from thier angle).Some races are close that is why there are 3 judges!!!.

Thank you Glos ,we had a lovely day. Mark done his bit as a club member along with Dave his trap buddy( will they be let loose together again (w00t) ).Your "trophies",as always were fantastic :thumbsup: .

finalez said:
LJH said:
It is a sad that people have to spoil meeting by doing/saying things like this :( .The worst thing is some one stood near the line who thinks they see a different result :blink: (from thier angle).Some races are close that is why there are 3 judges!!!.

Thank you Glos ,we had a lovely day. Mark done his bit as a club member along with Dave his trap buddy( will they be let loose together again (w00t) ).Your "trophies",as always were fantastic :thumbsup: .

In this instance, (the second I believe from these people that day (w00t) ), the result was totally clear with no shadow of a doubt as to the order of finishing. Three line judges concurred and the complaining party was trapping the dog, not catching :oops: . I am impressed to say the least that they can run at 30 mph to be on the line at the same time that the dogs go over :- " :- " :- "

It didn't spoil what was a successful day and Lesley's first Open in the role of secratary.

There were so many comments to me on how impressed people were are the quality of the open, so I think we need disregard the negative comment.

The day really went like a dream, no re-runs, no breakdowns, and a time given for every race :D Well done Lesley for your first open as Secretary, and thanks Judy for your contimuing support. The trapmen were brilliant, and all round good support from Gloucester members - which is why its such a good club. There are also the members in the background who take care of charging batteries etc and keeping a check on ground conditions :thumbsup:

We don't forget the help that we have from non members too, and we are very grateful to them - give yourselves a pat on the back :cheers:

Looking forward to the next one 8)

:D :D So sorry it has taken so long to reply we only got home at 7.00pm last night after 8 hr travelling we were knackered.

On behalf of Derek and myself and Brian and Nettie we would like to CONGRATULATE " ALL " the members of the Gloucester.P.W.R.C. on a great days racing you " ALL " deserve a BIG pat on the back. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(w00t) Congratulations to all the Runners Finalists and Winners in ALL the weight Groups (w00t)

:cheers: We would really like to thank Jaquie ( Magic Hands ) for all her help we could'n't have done it without you, also Julie ( peppermint ) for the cola yesterday they went down a treat and of course Graham for holding Hateley for Derek when he was putting Gazza into his Supreme ( He's Quite a handfull is'n't he Graham lol lol ). :cheers:

:D Again thanks everyone for yesterday .........................love Mandy.....xx

P.S. everyone who put on Pictures they are ALL brilliant keep them coming please. :thumbsup:

we had such a fantastic day im now just getting the form filled in for the second one (w00t)

mandy graham said he was a strong boy (w00t) :huggles:

see you all soon :huggles:

mandyrfc said:
:D   :D   So sorry it has taken so long to reply we only got home at 7.00pm last night after 8 hr travelling we were knackered.
On behalf of Derek and myself and Brian and Nettie we would like to CONGRATULATE "  ALL "  the members of the Gloucester.P.W.R.C. on a great days racing you " ALL " deserve a BIG pat on the back. :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

(w00t) Congratulations to all the Runners Finalists and Winners in ALL the weight Groups (w00t)

:cheers: We would really like to thank Jaquie ( Magic Hands ) for all her help we could'n't have done it without you, also Julie ( peppermint ) for the cola yesterday they went down a treat and of course Graham for holding Hateley for Derek when he was putting Gazza into his Supreme ( He's Quite a handfull is'n't he Graham lol lol ). :cheers:

:D Again thanks everyone for yesterday .........................love Mandy.....xx

P.S. everyone who put on Pictures they are ALL brilliant keep them coming please. :thumbsup:

Your welcome Mandy :huggles: Glad it paid off in the final :thumbsup:

June Jonigk said:
There were so many comments to me on how impressed people were are the quality of the open, so I think we need disregard the negative comment.
The day really went like a dream, no re-runs, no breakdowns, and a time given for every race  :D   Well done Lesley for your first open as Secretary, and thanks Judy for your contimuing support.  The trapmen were brilliant, and all round good support from Gloucester members - which is why its such a good club.  There are also the members in the background who take care of charging batteries etc and keeping a check on ground conditions :thumbsup:

We don't forget the help that we have from non members too, and we are very grateful to them - give yourselves a pat on the back  :cheers:

Looking forward to the next one 8)

I agree with all that June and the help from the non-members was especially appreciated. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

mandyrfc said:
:D   :D   So sorry it has taken so long to reply we only got home at 7.00pm last night after 8 hr travelling we were knackered.
On behalf of Derek and myself and Brian and Nettie we would like to CONGRATULATE "  ALL "  the members of the Gloucester.P.W.R.C. on a great days racing you " ALL " deserve a BIG pat on the back. :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

no problem with the drinks mate im jane with the deadlys, ju my sis with the peppermints well done with all your boys they ran awesome :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back