The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sup Championship Run Offs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
rob67 said:
How does that work Tony? ( soz if I'm being thick :blink: and it's obvious :- " )
chris

If you're thick then I'm thick too.

The way it's written it looks like 18lbers should get 1yd and 1ft from every dog heavier than it :blink: That would mean instead of getting 10yds from a 28lber it would get 13yds and 1ft. :blink:

Or should it read for example 32lb to 16lb there's 1ft for 28-32lb (4ft) then 2ft for 24-28lb (8ft) then 3ft for 18-24lb (18ft) anf finally :sweating: 16-18lb 4ft so thats another 8ft.

Total 38ft or 12yds 2ft as opposed to 16yds. :wacko:

Fleesh said:
rob67 said:
How does that work Tony? ( soz if I'm being thick :blink: and it's obvious :- " )
chris

If you're thick then I'm thick too.

The way it's written it looks like 18lbers should get 1yd and 1ft from every dog heavier than it :blink: That would mean instead of getting 10yds from a 28lber it would get 13yds and 1ft. :blink:

Or should it read for example 32lb to 16lb there's 1ft for 28-32lb (4ft) then 2ft for 24-28lb (8ft) then 3ft for 18-24lb (18ft) anf finally :sweating: 16-18lb 4ft so thats another 8ft.

Total 38ft or 12yds 2ft as opposed to 16yds. :wacko:

:sweating: Good grief you would need a maths degree to work it out (w00t)

For example;

32lb Sc

31lb receives 1ft

30lb receives 2ft

29 .... 3ft

28 .... 5ft

27lb recieves 7ft

26lb recieves 9ft

25 ... 11ft

24 ... 13ft

23lb recieves16ft

22lb ... 19ft

21lb ... 22ft

20lb ... 25ft

19lb ... 28ft

18lb ... 31ft

17lb recieves34ft

16lb ... 38ft

15lb ... 42ft

once it's written down it's not that hard to read of a card for the marks.

I'd like to patent this idea but unfortunatley someone else thought of it 100yrs ago when they didn't have calculators :p

It was how whippets used to be handicapped.ie staggered marks

If the handicap is fair for all weights then there is no need to have weight groups as every whippet has an equal chance. It was common place for dogs to have a different stagger to the bitches and racing to be all indogs and bitches together.

Would be interesting to have say an ABCD open all in dogs and bitches together of staggered marks.

Depends on whether there is any enthusiasm for the idea.

So if you had a 32lb.................26lb....................20lb and a 17lb..............the marks would be.................( brain whirring!!!!!)

32 lb sc as opposed to sc

26lb 9 ft (3 yds) as opposed to 5yds

20lbs 25ft (7yd1ft) as opposed to 12 yds

17lbs 34ft (11yd1ft) as opposed to 15yds

Is that right?

chris

had to edit it cos my computer skills as crap as my maths (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry graham soon there will be a scratch handicap :devil: o:)

chris

I reckon that would make for some great supreme run offs Tony :thumbsup:

My thought on the sup run of the day was all champs running together, to see who was the sup champ of the day. Robbie (Guess Who) is 18lbs, he got through his weigh classes to become a rch and nch, I knew deep down that he would not win the Sup champ as he was only traning to run 3 good races, all I wanted was that tital :D maybe if given time as Im out of racing now I could have trained Gizmo to give that extra few runs.

I was just over the moon for him to get his weight class tital, running with the like's of Viv's Merlin, Tinkerman to name a few :D :huggles: 2 very good little dogs :D

We have owned heavyweight too,,Crack O Dawn,31-32lbs ,a runner up at almost every event, but getting 2 bend champs ,,he was very good on the bends. I was always scared on the straight track , when he had won the dog section only to have to run off with a smaller bitch, just incase he hurt her, thank god he never did :thumbsu I think a split ,,light weight and the heavy weight is the way to go :thumbsup: ,,Time will tell if this will happen, but would it take the full win from the owners of the stars like for eg,, Predator (22lbs) or Biddy (18lb) or Razzamataz (20lbs) or Navara (26lbs) to take the full sup,,thats me just naming a few,,also Pathfinder (30lbs) winning sup on the bends :cheers:

In my eyes im just chuffed to bits to get the tital at the end of the day,,,not everyone on racing can say they have a champ :( :blink:

I think this is a good idea in some ways, but , not if your dog has the ability to so all the way and win the lot on that day :unsure: ;)

I in my thoughts think the split would be the way forwad,,but then again if Robbie (Guess Who) won the light weight section and got his full sup tital, and he never got the chance to run with let's say for eg, Navra and also Mo Bex,,yes these dogs are not in the same year of racing, but great dogs of thier retirmemt would go home thinking Robie was 3rd best or 2nd best on the day but he got sup rch or ch/ch on his tital list ;)

If your happy enought just get the weight class,like we are, then your dogs a winner either way :thumbsup:

I would love another middle weight as they can win at yd/lb 2 foot lb and still win on the straight or bed tracks,,done that with Georgies Choice :thumbsup:

My Colt is now 25lbs all fat and should be 26/27lbs if race fit, I just wish I had the gutts to remove his 2 plates and let this very strong lad take the world on as I think he's got what it takes to be a winner :cheers: But winning racing it not the world to me now (it used to be)

I do think the split is the way to go, but in the end im sure folk will think who is the greater dog on the day :oops: It would stop the bigger dogs taking part, with the handicap and also the thought of hurting the smaller dog o:)

weathergirls said:
one of the reasons the original NWRF  STOPPED  the supreme run off at champs  was they thought it took the glory from those who had won their ch titles on the day  this is where the Golden Jacket opens came into being  by winning 5 weight classes at a G/J open of which there are 3 in a year it would take a dog at least 2 years to earn the supreme ch title as hard as it is to gain this award it gives all weight groups an even chance.     I think it was done for 1 year then members asked for the run offs to be reinstated  hence the title CH of CH's

maybe this was the best way round it as it is hard to get that 5th Golden Jacket and gain the status of SUP N.CH

Tony your idea is not unlike one of our annual trophy meetings run on a Pre War Handicap system and have to say has ben won by 16lb dog and 31lb bitch but it is run over a distance of 200yards so maybe would need a bit of tweeking for a shorter distance.

Weight..........Mark of dog.................Mark of bitch

32................1...................................SCR

20................13 1/2............................11 1/2

18................16 1/2............................13 1/2

15................22 1/2............................18 1/2

14................25 1/2............................21

:) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so that didnt work properly looked good until posted :- "

3 columns all merged into one - but you should get the idea the weight of the dog is first figure then dogs mark and then bitches mark ;)

:blink: im totally lost id be thrilled 2 win a heat with crackin whizz lol but like graham il stick to cratch racing and chris shhhh or they will start doing yds for 1lb there pmsl :lol:

Not many people has give us there thoughts on this subject

1/2 yard on the straights would be safer and give the bigguns a chance.

vets wants sorting,as dogs are in there twilight of there career and race dogs/bitches all in at yd a lb. .

dont do it in opens so why at vets??????1/2 yd would also be better.

seems like people luck after the littuns this would even things out

why not luck after the vets rather break there hearts.

bends yd ok,a good littun can still hold its own. think 1 1/2 would be to much as some of the littuns would be half way round the bend (w00t) and to long a lure for the bigguns as they might loose sight of it round the bend.

come on the top tables come into the 21st century give it a go. :thumbsup:

happy christmas and a safe new year :luck: :luck:

My thoughts on this are anything is worth a try if it is better than what we have now keep it if not revert back as long as every one or at least the majority are in favour---

the only thing is that by making it easier to get a sup status you are devaluing the previous ones that have gone before --

Steve

i think you should bred a dog to siut the rules not change the rules to siut the dog :- " less we all want ghd looking whippets :thumbsup:

I say leave it at yds per lb. We should be encorouging people to breed smaller not bigger.

Its your own choice whether you have big or small.

I think it should be varied..............why should it always stay the same......a change is as good as a rest :D And it's not really only heavy dogs that suffer, anything over 30lb is disadvantaged by the current system (IMO), even in the 28 upwards in the straights, so why not try something different. Nobody should be discriminated against, big dogs or small dogs we still all pay the same fee to join and run our dogs.

chris

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back