The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Talulla Is Very Poorly

tracy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had an awful few hours with our whippet Talulla - at 2am this morning she vomited up the contents of her stomach - i was worried but not panicked as she had picked up the remains of a dead bird on a walk today, and even though she dropped it on command and did not seem to eat it you never know if even a little will upset tummies. But to our horror she then in the space of 30 mins vomited another 5 times and it was mucous with lots of blood in it. I rang our vet who are only 1 min up the road and they informed me that they now operate a different system and we would have to drive our sick dog 40 mins in the cold and rain to another branch!!!

I felt that it was to much of an emergency to wait and a vet in the next village agreed to see her. The out come is that she is now hospitalized on a drip, but they are unsure what it could be. She is able to stand and is alert - could it be a gastro bug??? Have any of you any advice or have been through anything similar?? It is going to be a long wait until i can phone at 8am :(

I hated leaving her as she is with us all the time and has never been away from home before.

Debbie - the lovely lady who bred Talulla - if you are reading this please know that we are doing our best for our little girl and will of course let you know of any developments. I never realised how awful and empty and helpless i would feel. Please keep Talulla in your thoughts over the next few days - we need as many good vibes sent our way as possible.

tracy said:
Had an awful few hours with our whippet Talulla - at 2am this morning she vomited up the contents of her stomach - i was worried but not panicked as she had picked up the remains of a dead bird on a walk today, and even though she dropped it on command and did not seem to eat it you never know if even a little will upset tummies. But to our horror she then in the space of 30 mins vomited another 5 times and it was mucous with lots of blood in it. I rang our vet who are only 1 min up the road and they informed me that they now operate a different system and we would have to drive our sick dog 40 mins in the cold and rain to another branch!!!I felt that it was to much of an emergency to wait and a vet in the next village agreed to see her. The out come is that she is now hospitalized on a drip, but they are unsure what it could be. She is able to stand and is alert - could it be a gastro bug??? Have any of you any advice or have been through anything similar?? It is going to be a long wait until i can phone at 8am :(

I hated leaving her as she is with us all the time and has never been away from home before.

Debbie -  the lovely lady who bred Talulla - if you are reading this please know that we are doing our best for our little girl and will of course let you know of any developments. I never realised how awful and empty and helpless i would feel. Please keep Talulla in your thoughts over the next few days - we need as many good vibes sent our way as possible.

Poor Tallulah! and poor you! what a worrying time for you, the nights seem lonely and endless when you're worried sick and probably pacing up and down. At least the vet kept Tallulah hospitalised where she can be closely monitored, and the appropriate treatments commenced as indicated, the drip will help as she will feel worse if she's dehydrated. Wishing you all the best and Keep us posted as to her progress. xx for talullahx

You and Talulla are in my thoughts.

My vet told me that sometimes when dogs vomit repeatedly they can strain and sometime burst little blood vessels in the throat and sometimes in the tummy and thats where the blood comes from. My Inca has done it a few times and it scared me to death too.

Hopefully its a bug she has caught and this is whats happened.

ive everything crossed talulla is better and back home very soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

must be a dreadful time for you,my thoughts are with you :huggles:

what an awfull time for you :(

heres hoping your baby is home safe soon :luck:

she is in the best place :huggles:

Sorry no advice, but lots and lots of best wishes for Tallula, get well soon :huggles: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I am so sorry, what a terrible night you have had. I had a foster dog with similar symptoms and that proved to be a burst blood vessel, Megan, the little dog was fine in 24 hours. I hope Talulah has the same and nothing more serious. :huggles: :huggles: to you all.

Talulla remains at the vet on a drip - she last vomited at 3.30am - all blood :(

The new vets have been wonderful - they x rayed her last night and it has not shown any foreign bodies. She has taken a small amount of water and kept it down and they will try her with a tiny amount of food at 4pm and see how she responds.

She will have to stay there tonight and be re-assessed in the morning. I cannot stand the pain that you feel when they are poorly - i have kept cats and rabbits for years and love them all dearly - but Talulla being so poorly is unbearable. Please keep your happy thoughts coming her way.

I would also like to say thanks to all the people that have left a message - i know i do not post often but this forum is tha first place i look if i have a concern with Talulla - the huge amount of knowledge that you all have between you having had wonderful whippies in your lives is a truly great thing - THANKYOU x

Loads of wishes for a speedy recovery Talulla :huggles: :luck:

You are going through one of my worst nightmares....feeling so helpless :(

Keeping everything crossed :luck:

:( poor talulla lots of :huggles: :huggles: and :luck: :luck: hopes shes home with you soon :huggles:

:huggles: to you and Talulla and :luck: wishing her a speedy recovery.

Talulla is home :wub:

She had managed to chew through her drip by lunch time and then barked constantly until they finally gave in and phoned us to say that she could come home!

They think it was a nasty bug that she picked up and are covering her with antibiotics etc. We are to keep a close eye on her just in case it was poisoning as dogs can suffer from a second bout of sickness just as you think they are on the mend :(

She was so pleased to be home - she went around the house looking in on all the cats, checked for food bowls, looked in her toy basket just in case we had dared to remove anything in her abscense!!!!

She then went into the garden and used her own toilet area - she must have saved it up all day!!

She is now sound asleep on the chair next to Stephen :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a day - but hopefully we are over the worst - thanks again for all your support.

Tracy and Talulla x

so glad she is home well . these dogs put us through the mill dont they :sweating: :huggles:

ive been worried all day about talulla,thank goodness she is ok :thumbsup:

So pleased to see that Talulla is on the mend and back home. :luck: :luck: What an awful experience for you all. :(

I m glad she is home nd well it so worrying when there ill. There must be something with the name Talulla or talula is allways a night mare win the vets both times we hve had to collect her muche arlier than we thought cos of howing the place down and upsetting the other dog and chewwing through drios and dressings but at home shes realy quiet if we leave her they must be real home bodys. ours is nearly 7 and just as bad when shes left there :lol:

I am sure lots of fuss and cubbles and she will be as god as before :huggles:

So pleased that Talulla is home with you and feeling better :huggles:

I can just imagine her checking everything in the house out from your description (w00t)

glad Tallula is much better now, she must have been frightened and worried about what was happening to her, especially with staying at the vets

they soon let you know when they're better tho' don't they !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back