The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Thank-you

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
glad to hear she's doing a bit better jayne, it must be easier now, knowing exactly whats going on :thumbsup:

hope your feeling better today, and you are eating something (i know, i prob sound like your mum)

will ring you, and pop round later this week, all going well with peggy, and if you have time :thumbsup:

chin up matexxxxxx :huggles:

Helenx

hely said:
glad to hear she's doing a bit better jayne, it must be easier now, knowing exactly whats going on :thumbsup:
hope your feeling better today, and you are eating something (i know, i prob sound like your mum)

will ring you, and pop round later this week, all going well with peggy, and if you have time :thumbsup:

chin up matexxxxxx :huggles:

Helenx

That would be great.. ive got Thursday off so maybe come round then, be in touch x

thursday is good for me, i'll ring you before i pop round :thumbsup:

That is excellent news, im chuffed to bits for the we lass, fingers crossed that she makes a steady and full recovery.

And thanks for the update, i just carnt get her out of my head.

YIS

JS

I am so pleased, I think it sounds quite positive :luck: :luck: Lots of well wishes and gentle hugs to Peggy and of course to you :huggles:

oh im so pleased its positive news for Peggy :)) please God she'll go from strength to strength :thumbsup:

Only just caught up with this- thank goodness she is making progress already- surely that has to be a good sign :thumbsup:

Hope she continues to improve rapidly :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

oh dear poor girl :(

everything crossed she continue's to improve :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Becka

I hope all will be well.....When our Rocket had a disc removed he was paralysed as he fell chasing a frisby...It was six weeks before he was allowed home and then we took him swimming and he had his own physio...but everyday there was more improvement that was two years ago and ..yes he walks a bit oddly now but he has full quality of life he is the brindle one in the picture and that picture was taken a year ago.....]

I am very sorry to hear about your little whippet Jayne, I do hope she makes a full recovery. It sounds very similar to what human's refer to as a slipped disc, and luckily, with all of the technology we have today, these things are treatable, but uncomfortable and don't just get better over-night, but do recover in time. Hopefully, the initial injury will improve quite rapidly as the swelling reduces, and the feeling and sensation in the bladder and limbs all come back quite swiftly which is a good indication that no permanent damage has occured to the spinal cord. It is really encouraging that the improvement was so swift, you must feel so relieved. I used to nurse spinal patients (of the two legged kind) all the time, and it is truly miraculous how these injuries get better. Often, it is better to let nature take it's course if possible, surgery seems to be a later option these days.Wishing you all well and do keep us updated. Look after yourself too, I expect you feel quite wretched now the adrenaline has slowed down :luck:

Pamw said:
I hope all will be well.....When our Rocket had a disc removed he was paralysed as he fell chasing a frisby...It was six weeks before he was  allowed home and then we took him swimming and he had his own physio...but everyday there was more improvement that was two years ago and ..yes he walks a bit oddly now but he has full quality of life he is the brindle one in the picture and that picture was taken a year ago.....]

wow, a whole disc removed :eek: thats a great positive story to share :thumbsup:

lets hope that Peggy and Jayne's story has a happy ending too :luck:

heres hoping and praying for a swift recovery :huggles: thinking of you both xx

Glad to hear that Peggy is making good progress :thumbsup: :luck:

Just spoke to the vet and guess what ......PEGGYS COMING HOM (w00t)

Shes standing on all four legs abit wobblery but standing Im so relieved and happy

I'll be picking her up later when OH gets home

I'm so overwelmed with the incourageing(spelling) support i have had from everyone saying thank-you doesn't seem enough, i am so gratful to you all its nice to know that people care

I know its going to take a long time for her completley recover but i know she will ...shes a strong girl

Many thanks to you ALL

JAYNE

That is fantastic news that she is coming home for full on one2one attention and loads of cuddles :huggles: :luck: Wishing you both all the best and hope she makes a wonderful recovery :luck: You must be over the moon :cheers:

Absolutely brilliant news Jayne :huggles:

ah thats great news, :huggles: bet you can't wait to get her home,

if she is anything like mine when they have had an extended stay in the vets she will crash out and have a proper good sleep as soon as she gets home -_- :))

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back