The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Brothers Mallyfield

~Annie~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Finn was reunited with litter brother Badger whilst lure coursing at Taunton yesterday ... they ran against each other in the semi final of the main stake ... Ted didn't get any photos of them running unfortunately but he managed to snap these ...

IMG_9971wl.jpg

IMG_9980wl.jpg

IMG_9983wl.jpg

IMG_9991wl.jpg

Well done to Badger on winning the stake ! These Mallyfields are bloomin good dogs, real allrounders :) and handsome with it :wub:

lovely to see them together...talent and good looks...can't be bad!!!

It was a privilege to watch these two run together on Sunday - both beautiful dogs and doing what they love to do most - run!!!! :D

they are both stunning :wub: :wub:

well done badger and finn xxx

Gorgeous hounds there..... can i ask is it Rag lure coursing???
The lure is just a bunch of old carrier bags and in this case a stuffed toy seal :) You can just about see it in the pic below (we ended the day with a lot of pics of distant dots like this one ... think my hubby needs a longer lens lol)

IMG_9957wl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The lure is just a bunch of old carrier bags and in this case a stuffed toy seal :) You can just about see it in the pic below (we ended the day with a lot of pics of distant dots like this one ... think my hubby needs a longer lens lol)
IMG_9957wl.jpg
:-

IMG_9957wl.jpg
Oh thank god-thought for a min after reading my 1st post tnight it was a real LIVE hare..... stunning hounds you have

IMG_9957wl.jpg
Oh thank god-thought for a min after reading my 1st post tnight it was a real LIVE hare..... stunning hounds you have
Thank you :)

Lure coursing is by definition simulated coursing ... hare coursing competitions are not legal in this country :thumbsup:

Finn was reunited with litter brother Badger whilst lure coursing at Taunton yesterday ... they ran against each other in the semi final of the main stake ... Ted didn't get any photos of them running unfortunately but he managed to snap these ...
IMG_9971wl.jpg

IMG_9980wl.jpg

IMG_9983wl.jpg

IMG_9991wl.jpg

Well done to Badger on winning the stake ! These Mallyfields are bloomin good dogs, real allrounders :) and handsome with it :wub:

What a handsome pair. Just like peas in a pod..It's great to see pictures of them together and what an achievement for them both to get to the semi finals. Credit must go to You and TC for preparing the dogs for this event.

I feel as proud as punch for you both, it was really nice to speak to you yesterday. Vixen had a good hour out this morning too lol...

Great photos of them both - it is interesting to see them together (having only seen them separately before), they look almost identical in size, shape etc.

Well done to both Bager and Finn :)

It's interesting to see them in the flesh together.

Head on their faces look identical, side on and in real life, Finn is so like Jess and Badger is more like Harry. We really noticed that when watching them in the slips (which was a while as the lure broke then oops!)

They have a lot of similarities and a lot of differences too...like most brothers lol!

Badge is bigger all over, yet shorter height wise. Not by that much, but looked less I think as he was so up on his toes when they were in the slips for so long bless them. They really behaved considering the batteries had to be changed over, and they ended up driving a car on the field which all took quite a while. Mind you, the extra half pound or so he was carrying didn't help, but then he hadn't been exercised because of that damn bug I had. I don't mean just bigger as in fatter, just all over bigger made :blink: Hard to describe really. If they meet up again maybe we should do some side on, front on, back on comparison shots (w00t)

They ran really well together and it was a good course I thought :thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer of nicking a picture Annie, I will do. Sorry we knocked you out, I'm sure there will be a next time for trying to get revenge though lol!

TCx

beautiful pics of finn and badger.

it was a really enjoying dayxxx :)

Head on their faces look identical, side on and in real life, Finn is so like Jess and Badger is more like Harry. We really noticed that when watching them in the slips (which was a while as the lure broke then oops!)

They have a lot of similarities and a lot of differences too...like most brothers lol!

Badge is bigger all over, yet shorter height wise. Not by that much, but looked less I think as he was so up on his toes when they were in the slips for so long bless them. They really behaved considering the batteries had to be changed over, and they ended up driving a car on the field which all took quite a while. Mind you, the extra half pound or so he was carrying didn't help, but then he hadn't been exercised because of that damn bug I had. I don't mean just bigger as in fatter, just all over bigger made :blink: Hard to describe really. If they meet up again maybe we should do some side on, front on, back on comparison shots (w00t)

Thanks for the offer of nicking a picture Annie, I will do. Sorry we knocked you out, I'm sure there will be a next time for trying to get revenge though lol!

TCx
They certainly look like brothers don't they :) I know what you mean about Finn's head being more like Jess's than Badger's in profile ... but they both very much carry the stamp of their sire I think ... as do all his progeny. I also think that Finn is maybe more like Jess and Badger more like Harry in character/temperament and personally I feel I can see that in their expressions here ... but maybe TC would disagree.

Can't remember which is which as I didn't put them on in any order, but there are pics here taken before they were slipped first time, only for the lure to stop before the first gate, and pics taken while they then waited in the slips for the problem to be fixed before they could go again ... the last one is definitely one of those, hence Finn's coat thrown over them. They were both so good given how long they unfortunately had to wait. And when they did eventually run they both did so brilliantly and were close all the way ... it was a lovely course :D

Comparison shots would be interesting ... I agree Badge is a bit bulkier than Finn (sorry, I can't think of a better way to put it either) but they are both really powerful dogs. Finn of course suffered that nasty cut to his foot a few weeks ago and was on enforced rest for quite a while ... would be lovely if we could have a rematch when both dogs were at their peak :))

Are Finn's legs a tiny tad longer than Badger's legs??? :unsure:

Looking at that first picture of them in the slips it would appear so, but it might just be an optical illusion as Badger is closer to the camera and has a different build (and he may have been breathing out with Finn breathing in etc etc :wacko: )

Are Finn's legs a tiny tad longer than Badger's legs??? :unsure: Looking at that first picture of them in the slips it would appear so, but it might just be an optical illusion as Badger is closer to the camera and has a different build (and he may have been breathing out with Finn breathing in etc etc :wacko: )
It'll be obvious why I didn't post this one before :lol: Might help though :teehee:

IMG_9975wlwlwl.jpg

TCx
They certainly look like brothers don't they :) I know what you mean about Finn's head being more like Jess's than Badger's in profile ... but they both very much carry the stamp of their sire I think ... as do all his progeny. I also think that Finn is maybe more like Jess and Badger more like Harry in character/temperament and personally I feel I can see that in their expressions here ... but maybe TC would disagree.

Can't remember which is which as I didn't put them on in any order, but there are pics here taken before they were slipped first time, only for the lure to stop before the first gate, and pics taken while they then waited in the slips for the problem to be fixed before they could go again ... the last one is definitely one of those, hence Finn's coat thrown over them. They were both so good given how long they unfortunately had to wait. And when they did eventually run they both did so brilliantly and were close all the way ... it was a lovely course :D

Comparison shots would be interesting ... I agree Badge is a bit bulkier than Finn (sorry, I can't think of a better way to put it either) but they are both really powerful dogs. Finn of course suffered that nasty cut to his foot a few weeks ago and was on enforced rest for quite a while ... would be lovely if we could have a rematch when both dogs were at their peak :))
No, you were right, I totally agree about the character/temperament. Badge is a Harry son through and through lol! I definitely think Finn takes after Jess more, and always have done since they were weeny pups.

Bulkier is fine :clown: Could be construed the wrong way as it's quite a harsh word, but it does make sense, but basically (imo) Badger's chest is deeper, his shoulders are broader, his neck is longer etc, his thighs are bigger (get's that from me lol) etc etc. They are both very powerful dogs, like you say. Finn has certainly matured into a nice looking dog. I'm sure he was about a year when I last saw him, and he's turned out nice.

Oh and as for being obvious about why you didn't post that last picture.....yes, cos my thighs and arse looks HUGE :eek: (w00t) :x

I'm sure there will be a rematch one day :D

TCx

Come on special Annie to see my favourite boy :wub: Well done to both of you, they look great to me poor Finn that was a nasty cut he had when we were at the Midland, glad to see hes back to fighting fitness. :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back