The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2007

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
That race has taken place once before Mark and that time one winner Ash whippet/greyhound :D

Glad to hear that you all had a great weekend-despite the weather.

But what happened? it sounds as if the show finished early--we've been there until dark!!!

And who were these marvellous judges?? Especially pleased that all seems to have passed without rancour.

Look forward to reading full results.Congrats to everyone who participated win or lose. Couldn't go this year as we were moving to N Devon but look forward to going next time.

rodders said:
That race has taken place once before Mark and that time one winner Ash whippet/greyhound :D
NO BUT THIS TIME NO EXCUSES,AND I WILL TELL YOU THIS ASH WILL NEVER BEAT CAT AS LONG AS THERES AN HOLE IN MY A---,THANKS FOR THE RACE WHICH YOU WANTED RUSSEL HOPE THIS PUTS THIS ONE TO BED AND LETS MOVE ON, MARK

well done all the winners,

mark ur dogs done well all weekend, and it was a good race against the blue dog at the end,i thought u would of lost it but u won by 2-3 lenghts,

i thought the whole weekend went well,must say there was good judgeing in the show.

Jane

jane123 said:
well done all the winners,mark ur dogs done well all weekend, and it was a good race against the blue dog at the end,i thought u would of lost it but u won by 2-3 lenghts,

i thought the whole weekend went well,must say there was good judgeing in the show.

Jane

THANKYOU IAM SURE A FEW WHO WATCHED THAT RACE WILL COME FORWARD,MY BITCH ONLY CAME OUT OF SESON LAST WK AND SHE RUN ALL DAY AND YESTERDAY THE OTHER DOG ONLY REALLY DID 2 HEATS IN THE OVERS

markbrick said:
jane123 said:
well done all the winners,mark ur dogs done well all weekend, and it was a good race against the blue dog at the end,i thought u would of lost it but u won by 2-3 lenghts,

Jane

THANKYOU IAM SURE A FEW WHO WATCHED THAT RACE WILL COME FORWARD,MY BITCH ONLY CAME OUT OF SESON LAST WK AND SHE RUN ALL DAY AND YESTERDAY THE OTHER DOG ONLY REALLY DID 2 HEATS IN THE OVERS

Despite all the banter that goes on between Mark Brick & others, it is the first time that I have seen his dogs compete & they are MOST impressive. Many thanks to the whole Palmer family for organsiing the Cornish championships, despite weather not being perfect everybody seem to enjoy themselves. As a seasoned showing person ( & hare coursing pre-ban) this is great to see, as it is so rare these days. From a personal point of few, my black rough dog did a double on the Sunday winning Reserve Championship in the Showing & Over 23" Racing. So was very proud of him especially after the last year of injury & rehab he has gone thru. But if you are going to race your dog, The Lurcher Showground is the place to do it, as it is PERFECT. See you all next year.

Goran said:
markbrick said:
jane123 said:

Jane

Despite all the banter that goes on between Mark Brick & others, it is the first time that I have seen his dogs compete & they are MOST impressive. Many thanks to the whole Palmer family for organsiing the Cornish championships, despite weather not being perfect everybody seem to enjoy themselves. As a seasoned showing person ( & hare coursing pre-ban) this is great to see, as it is so rare these days. From a personal point of few, my black rough dog did a double on the Sunday winning Reserve Championship in the Showing & Over 23" Racing. So was very proud of him especially after the last year of injury & rehab he has gone thru. But if you are going to race your dog, The Lurcher Showground is the place to do it, as it is PERFECT. See you all next year.

He certainly has earnt his bragging rights after winning the Endurance Challenge against 30 other dogs on Saturday, there will be no stopping him now (w00t)

Seriously though, Lady did an outstanding job!

Im really chuffed that Goran did so well in the racing for you as i know just how nervous you were about running him and thanks for the compliments :b

it truly was a great weekend and the endurance competiton gave everyone a chance to do something they dont normally do.

You may not have the fastest dog/bitch but the total points for all events gave good all rounders a chance.

my meg came forth and considering she had her leg broken two and half years ago i didnt think that was bad.

she didnt get through the 1st round of coursing,she doesnt normally do this, which obviously lost her points and racing at the end of the day she came last in her heat as the events took there toll.

but she did come 1st in hurdles and jumped 20ft in long jump which she has only done the event once before, but she didnt win as she cleared most on her secound try. but i do think this was the winning distance on the day?

(correct me if im wrong.)

she also did well in triple jump considering meg only likes jumping things she shouldnt like stairgates(luckily on one level) and walls.

Im just pleased she gave it her all and as she loves it its more of a punishment not to let her take part.

I think it definately encouraged us into entering the events as we normally do the racing only.

i thought meg done well,

u could see it took it out of her doing most things coz she is normally up there in the racing,well done 4 putting her in every thing.

Joe

Looks like you all had a great time.squeezing that many events into one weekend is an achievement in its self.Well done :thumbsup: I'm sure Carol loves her special raffle prize,couldn't have gone to a nicer lady :D Karen

thanks mate, we always let meg just do the racing as we tried her when she was a pup and she did well so we stuck to it. That was five years ago now, its making me wonder why didnt we try anything else before?

mind you racing does give you a different kinda buzz dont it?

she is slowing up now on the racing front but if she hadnt of done so much on that day maybe she would of done bit better in the racing. :thumbsup:

were happy with that , shes happy on her leg doesnt seem to bother her and thats what matters.

looking forward to next year!!!

well terry,meg did well and she is one good dog in the racing but think of cat she does everything all day and still wins the racing are is a very close 2nd,i kept her out of the long jump as i gave lady the chance, kat does and would jump 25 feet but lady doing 22 to win and never knocking one down up to that jump shows there proberly the best in the country,and definatly since there only 19 inch to 22,i suppose there will be photos to follow,mark

stormydog said:
all i can say is  this "non-ped" couldnt have run for a shit if your collie cross beat it. dont get me wrong im not  taking anything away from your  dog.  am i wrong or did you not win the coursing event ???? no harm meant  but  was the "non-ped"  it lame or something or was it fed on cornish pasties for a week.  :unsure:   :unsure:   so youll be racing at tatton park then next week i hope ?          j :thumbsup: hn

well the dog is runing at worcester this wk it won the overs this wk both days and yes the brother to my pups blue as i didnt enter cat won the coarsing both days and i will say the non ped owner has said many times how good the dog is,mark

its haylee not terry and i aint talking about your dogs im talking about mine.

i wanted to put on how impressed i was with my bitch thats all. as the show organisers said 30 dogs entered the endurance and i am well choughed she came forth.

i love her to bits and am proud, not getting in to any confrontations or slagging matches about whos the best.

never said meg was the best she aint bad neither our bitch has always surprised and excited us dont matter what anyone else thinks.

your dogs are lovely and youd be told more frequent if people had the chance.

please dont bring me into anything cheers haylee :)

jml said:
it truly was a great weekend and the endurance competiton gave everyone a chance to do something they dont normally do.
You may not have the fastest dog/bitch but the total points for all events gave good all rounders a chance.

my meg came forth and considering she had her leg broken two and half years ago i didnt think that was bad.

she didnt get through the 1st round of coursing,she doesnt normally do this, which obviously lost her  points and racing at the end of the day she came last in her heat as the events took there toll.

but she did come 1st in hurdles and jumped 20ft in long jump which she has only done the event once before, but she didnt win as she cleared most on her secound try. but i do think this was the winning distance on the day?

(correct me if im wrong.)

she also did well in triple jump considering meg only likes jumping things she shouldnt like stairgates(luckily on one level) and walls.

Im just pleased she gave it her all and as she loves it its more of a punishment not to let her take part.

I think it definately encouraged us into entering the events as we normally do the racing only.

It looks like Meg did 18ft and came out at 20ft which was still very good as 20ft was the length that the Champion won by. It is an impressive length after the day the dogs had been through, Long Jump was the 4th out of 5 events they took part in.

Meg did any absolutely brilliant job to come 4th, to think that she came 4th out of 31 dogs after breaking her leg a couple of years ago is amazing! she's some dog!

Oh sorry terry said to me she stopped at 20 ft i thought he meant that she jumped 20ft then couldnt go further.

still chuffed probably spoke to soon bout meg, as i was turning off computer i looked at megs good back leg and it was slightly swollen, anyhow just got back from vets and shes sprained it!!! just shows how determined shes is. cant say when she gained the injury, she hasnt let on shes in any pain or discomfort.

feel guilty not to of noticed it, the vet said that shes happy with it no heat there which is good!!

while we update our gallery we thought you might like to see one or two pictures of the weekend:

endurancechampion2007.jpg

The first Endurance Challenge Champion

2007cornishchamps.jpg

The new Working Event entries into our Hall of Fame

cornish%20showing%20champ%2007.jpg

The Cornish Showing Champion

-Father of the Puppy Champion below!

cornish%20puppy%20showing%20champ%2007.jpg

The Cornish Puppy Showing Champion

-Son of the Showing Champion above!

lady%20long%20jump.jpg

The Cornish Long Jump Champion

-we didn't get to fully utilise our newly extended long jump which now measures 26.5ft long as she had no competition by 22ft, its a shame we didn't get to see her reach her full potential.

carylwithspecialraffle.jpg

....and the special raffle was won by Caryl Harris

we think she likes it!!! :D Well Done Caryl :thumbsup:

Well done all.Track looks in good nick.How long is it in yards?

Compared to Helston Ped-Whippet track for those of you have been there

'bout 300 meters from the start line to the end of the run-off, somewhere around 200 to the finish line :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back