The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Cornish Lurcher Championships 2008

yeh big congrats to russell with taking the two racing titles !!!

ASH winning 23 n overs

AND surprising us all with winning the unders with his bitch CHASE. who has just come back to racing after breaking her leg when she was a puppy two years ago!!!

WELL DONE MATE SHE DONE YOU PROUD.

also a big thanks to linda, keith and all your helpers to yet again another great weekend had by all :cheers:

The brand spanking new 2008 Cornish Champions!!

2008CornishChampions.jpg

(from left to right)

Keith Palmer and Reach - Puppy Racing

Helen Knowles and Brindle - Hurdles and Triple Jump

Deb Mumford and Squiggle - Simulated Coursing

Rebecca Everest-Jury and George - Long Jump

Russel King and Ash - 23" & Over Racing

Russel King and Chase - Under 23" Racing

Maria Pether and Rebus - Puppy Showing

Brian Pether and Goran - Showing

Well Done everyone!! :D

Well Done Joe with Buddy :cheers: & Well Done everyone else :thumbsup: it looks like a good show, maybe we will make the effort & go to it sometime.. :thumbsup:

Rose :)

:cheers: Thanks.every.1 :cheers:

Like.2.say.thanks.2.Keith.&.Linda.&.every.1.else.4.another.good.show

Well.done.2.the.new.Cornish.Champs.aswell. :thumbsup:

Joe. :cheers: :thumbsup:

barkingbird said:
The brand spanking new 2008 Cornish Champions!!
2008CornishChampions.jpg

(from left to right)

Keith Palmer and Reach - Puppy Racing

Helen Knowles and Brindle - Hurdles and Triple Jump

Deb Mumford and Squiggle - Simulated Coursing

Rebecca Everest-Jury and George - Long Jump

Russel King and Ash - 23" & Over Racing

Russel King and Chase - Under 23" Racing

Well Done everyone!!  :D

WELL DONE EVERYONE.

WELL DONE REBUS AND GORAN.

GIVE A BIG  :huggles: FROM ALL THE SOMERSET LURCHERS AND 2 LITTLE WHIPPETS.

GREAT PIECE OF NEWS,YOU MUST BE ON CLOUD 9, MARIA.WELL DONE AGAIN. :thumbsup:

This is the cornish champion for the over 23" racing a whippet greyhound (wor john x florence) called ash

DSCN0450ash.jpg

This is the winner of the under 23" racing greyhound whippet (oscars pride x greyhound) CHASE

DSCN0441chase1.jpg

A very big THANKYOU :thumbsup: to Kieth & Linda, Their Family and all the helpers for a great show. Never been before but will deffo go again.

Congrats to all the winners :cheers:

:) I would like to say what a brilliant day both myself and my dogs had on Sunday, i haven't laughed so much at my little Skippy in the coursing for a long time, you had to be there to appreciate how daft he is, :lol: he would of won it if he didn't decide to STOP and take his muzzle off just before the finish and let dear little Squiggy take the title. :lol: :lol:

Thanks Keith and Linda for a great day and the burgers were delicious. :thumbsup: Diane.

THE MAN WHO CAME 6TH IN THE ENDURANCE IS OUR LOCAL VICAR

FATHER TIMOTHY (w00t) :thumbsup:

gabbitas31 said:
:) I would like to say what a brilliant day both myself and my dogs had on Sunday, i haven't laughed so much at my little Skippy in the coursing for a long time, you had to be there to appreciate how daft he is, :lol: he would of won it if he didn't decide to STOP and take his muzzle off just before the finish and let dear little Squiggy take the title. :lol:   :lol: Thanks Keith and Linda for a great day and the burgers were delicious. :thumbsup: Diane.

Yup , even funnier than Mark trying to judge the child handler class ! That must have been the hardest he's worked for years !!!

Seriously though I thought Mark did a great job of judging on Sunday . Is this the first time something nice has been said about him on here ?!

Looks like you all had a great weekend :thumbsup: Well Done everybody :thumbsup:

Is Buddy out of Mirrels greyhound/Cracked It litter Joe? Well Done on his win :thumbsup:

rodders said:
Looks like you all had a great weekend :thumbsup: Well Done everybody :thumbsup:
Is Buddy out of Mirrels greyhound/Cracked It litter Joe? Well Done on his win :thumbsup:

Anybody know who that pup that won the puppy racing for kieth Palmer is out of.Looks like one i seen before somewhere.Classylookin animal that Kieth.Well done mate,and well done to all the other competitors too.Look's like you all had a fab time. ...Billy...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: CONGRATS to all! I hear it was a fabulous, but very long day!

Sending special :huggles: to Maria & Brian Pether whose gorgeous dogs are grandfather & grandson!! Quite a feat :)

I do believe this thread ought to list the results class by class tho' as Goran & Rebus did superbly in their respective classes! :)) Both are true champs! ;) Does anyone have a full list?

Full results are posted on The Lurcher Showground website, you only get the highlights here ;)

clicky my sig! :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back