The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Parkstone Vases (32 Dog Stake)

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well folks after the astounding success of the recent Pennymeadow Cup hosted by the Northwest lure coursing cup lure coursing meeting I am pleased to announce the the Northwest Lure Coursing Club will be hosting the PARKSTONE VASES for 32 Kennel Club registered whippets.

All Kennel Club Registered whippets welcome no height limits.

Entry form below.

The

Northwest Lure Coursing Club

Proudly Presents

The

PARKSTONE VASES

Kindly Sponsored by Mark & Paula Roberts.

A 32 Whippet Lure Coursing meeting to be held on the 23rd February 2008 at Hollingworth Lake, LittleBorough Lancs, Open to All Kennel Club registered whippets. (No Height/Weight limits)

The course will be run over approximately 700yds with 7 turns run on a take up system (not a continuous loop)

All dogs will run in pairs from slips,

Every dog will have a minimum of 2 runs.

Entry fee £5.00 per dog (no membership Fees)

First pair in slips 9.30am.

On Site Facilities ~ Toilets/Bar, Closing date for Entrys 10th February 2008 (post mark)

Owners Name ~…………………………………………………

Address ~ …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

……………………………………………………………….post code~…………………………….

Tel Number~……………………………………………

KC Name ~ …………………………………………………………… Dog/Bitch………………….

KC Registration Number………………………………………………….

KC Name ~ …………………………………………………………… Dog/Bitch………………….

KC Registration Number………………………………………………….

Owners Signature ~………………………………………………….Date~……………………..

(By signing this form above I accept that the Northwest Lure Coursing Club and its officials on the day cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained at the above meeting.)

ALL DOG MESS MUST BE CLEARED UP BY OWNERS

Pre paid entrys to ~ Mark Roberts, (PM for address if needed)

[SIZE=14pt](cheques made payerble to [/SIZE]

“The Lancashire P.W.R.C”

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see no hieght limits again. :cheers: it was lovely to see the big dogs given a chance last time. :thumbsup:

room for nutty norfolk bird??? count HIGHISLAND JUST JESSIE in :thumbsup: might even bring eddie for paula to cuddle :thumbsup:

Count High Jinx in

Ill put the entry in the envelope Im sending anyway

Excellent!! :thumbsup:

Hi Shona,

High Jinx is entered :thumbsup:

entrys are coming in thick and fast so entrys on a first come basis, as last time we'd had a total of 57 dogs entered for the pennymeadow cups.

If we knew we"d of been doing another GREAT event so soon i would of kept your coat here Shona. :lol:

Paula Roberts said:
If we knew we"d of been doing another GREAT event so soon i would of kept your coat here Shona. :lol:
I Know it could have stayed for a holiday!!!!

Well excited something to look forward to after Christmas just what the doctor ordered!! :thumbsup:

The thing i'm most looking forward to is meeting Mim again :- " (god help me)

At least the post office was right for once they said before 1pm and it was. :cheers:

Looking forward to a few shandies in the clubhouse the night before & a bit of friendly banter with all the campers & likeminded people :cheers:

Serious question :thumbsup:

How does it work with the no height limit?

Are the dogs guarded, at least in the initial draw?

Just interested. Apart from the safety aspect, surely it can be a complete advantage/disadvatage to be one of a pair consisting of a 17.5" 18lb bitch up against a 23" 38lb dog?

Cheers

TCx

Just interested. Apart from the safety aspect, surely it can be a complete advantage/disadvatage to be one of a pair consisting of a 17.5" 18lb bitch up against a 23" 38lb dog?
Hi TC,

it works very well, at the last meeting we had a small bitch 17" running against a large dog 23" the small bitch lead from slips and despite the big dog trying his heart out he couldn't get back on terms with her and she won the course.

unfortunatly some seem to have this misguided notion that big/small cant run together?, but we had several courses at the last meeting that involved large and small running together (as we have over the 7 years we've organised lure coursing meetings) and i'm sure all the owners concerned will vouch that not 1 dog was injured due to size differance between the runners and the smaller whippet often won.

Mark Roberts said:
Hi TC,

it works very well, at the last meeting we had a small bitch 17" running against a large dog 23" the small bitch lead from slips and despite the big dog trying his heart out he couldn't get back on terms with her and she won the course.

unfortunatly some seem to have this misguided notion that big/small cant run together?, but we had several courses at the last meeting that involved large and small running together (as we have over the 7 years we've organised lure coursing meetings) and i'm sure all the owners concerned will vouch that not 1 dog was injured due to size differance between the runners and the smaller whippet often won.

Thanks Mark. I suppose I just find it interesting, expecially as people from certain circles are always talking about how they can't abide the size that some whippets are these days, and then openly invite oversized dogs to run....

I'm glad there haven't been any injuries :thumbsup:

TCx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back