The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Parkstone Vases (32 Dog Stake)

Entrys closing date it 10th February but we've now got 17 entries so please book in early to gaurentee a run.

Shouldn't I be answering that
not this time I believe weve got a weekend guest, maybe a bit of lamping ect on the cards Saturday night.

The 23rd of February is my birthday, I wonder if my OH would like to bring me up for the week-end, or shall I still go to Paris as planned :wub: , I'll have a little think.

Jenny

quintessence said:
The 23rd of February is my birthday, I wonder if my OH would like to bring me up for the week-end, or shall I still go to Paris as planned  :wub: , I'll have a little think.
Jenny

is there any competiton????

lure coursing of course!!!!!!! all wet and muddy surrounded by whippets!!! :wub:

Count me and Dij in!

Do I need to post the form back to reserve my place of will doing it online and sending my fiver later be ok?

Speaking as the person with one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) whippet there, it really didn't seem to give us any advantage ...ok, i know, he's a wee bit lardy too :wub:

But the tight turns really seem to level the playing field - on the straight bits power and drive has the advantage, but when it comes to spinning on a sixpence, the less weight you have behind you the easier it is to change direction - then of course there's the question of experience and intelligence.

I think its the combination of factors involved that mean dogs of different sizes can fairly compete against each other

- and i'm so glad that there's somewhere which welcomes the big b*ggers too. I heard tell that there is a Sprinter class for larger racing whippets , but it doesn't really happen over here. So big thanks to the Pennymeadow coursing crew for creating a fun event that's open to all :thumbsup:

We'd love to come again (Star & Supe) Lesley you've got plenty of time to make up an excuse not to have us back again. :* I expect Hannah will being some of her gang too.

Re the height and being an advantage or disadvantage - personally I've never found Star's almost 23 inch height to be an advantage at all :lol: - I think she ran her very best on Sunday, she had a great time and I was so thrilled she got into the 3rd round. Personally I think you've just got to accept that you take your chance - ie Supe or Star could be drawn against one of the favourites in the very first round and they'd be straight into the cons - regardless of size.

I must be totally honest I dont think Sunday was competitive at all. Perhaps it was because we didnt have any expectations and didnt know what to expect but there was also a relaxed atmosphere there too.

Count us in with big Jack, he might show a bit more enthusiasm this time :D

Hmmmm ENTHUSIASM - no one could accuse Digit of a lack in that department :teehee:

I think its great to have things like this that Whippets from across the board can compete in .......I must admit my heart was in my mouth when little Maddie coursed with the larger lad, but it was great ......I would now even consider entering Tink as the field is mowed so she'll have no tufts of grass to have to see over the top of :lol: .......I don't think height or weight was an issue with the end results .......After Maddie our two boys were probably one of the smallest on the field with Supe being a short arse and V being only 21lbs :D ......As said somewhere else lure coursing results are just 1 persons opinion ......and yes I must say of course its nice to win, but I couldn't let that consume me or drive me to compete in anything with my dogs........I actually apologised to some owners as I personally would have said Esther beat V ..... I had a laugh and if things like this don't continue you'll lose different types of Whippets that are to big to compete ....... and it was great seeing all the different "types" of Whippets and the different "qualities" they could bring to lines :D .......

Yes really looking forward to doing it all again!!!!

Charlie, Digit did brill he is a star!!!!

I didnt feel any competitiveness till the semis and then it gets a little more serious coz its so close to the final

Everyone wants a winners trophy to impress the neighbours!!!!! (w00t) 8)

Rae said:
We'd love to come again (Star & Supe)  Lesley you've got plenty of time to make up an excuse not to have us back again. :*   I expect Hannah will being some of her gang too.
Re the height and being an advantage or disadvantage - personally I've never found Star's almost 23 inch height to be an advantage at all  :lol: - I think she ran her very best on Sunday, she had a great time and I was so thrilled she got into the 3rd round.  Personally I think you've just got to accept that you take your chance - ie Supe or Star could be drawn against one of the favourites in the very first round and they'd be straight into the cons - regardless of size. 

I must be totally honest I dont think Sunday was competitive at all.  Perhaps it was because we didnt have any expectations and didnt know what to expect but there was also a relaxed atmosphere there too.

You're welcome anytime :huggles: I'll get some wine and put the fire on :thumbsup:

We'd love to come again (Star & Supe) Lesley you've got plenty of time to make up an excuse not to have us back again. kiss.gif I expect Hannah will being some of her gang too.

Oh go on then ........Please enter V, Tink (w00t) , Miya and possibly The Twit :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back