The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Parkstone Vases (32 Dog Stake)

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
plz can you count Oto and Tissy in again,

i'll bubble wrap Tiss prior to the event then he can't miss it again ;)

it's such a shame when things are taken far too seriously and people start getting huffy about stuff, we all enjoy our dogs and they all enjoy the run, you'd think in the light of the ban on the real thing and the constant threat from the anti-dog brigade that a little unity would be a good idea. :huggles:

there is room for everyone so arguing for arguments sake is pointless and gets no one anywhere.

my boy is 1/4 of an inch over the limit for other lure coursing events but he does love it sooo much, and if it wasn't for events like this he'd have to stop at home :( that extra 1/4 inch doesn't make him any less a whippet or any less of more able to run after the lure.

i'd love to be able to compare his running skills against dogs in other clubs but so far this seems to be the only club that doesn't have closed veiws on lure coursing whippets.

his extra height and weight could be a problem in racing if he was mixed with smaller dogs as they generally run much faster, in groups of 4 and they all pile in at the end on a lure, but in lure coursing things are slower, they only run in pairs and there are very very rarely tumbles at the end.

you just don't get the same thrills and spills in lure coursing so size differences isn't much of a safety issue :thumbsup:

like 99% + of the people who ran their dogs last sunday i was there purely for the fun (and the bbq) :D , i really expected old unfit oto to be knocked out in the first round, so when he made the 3rd round i was busting with pride :wub:

thats what it's all about, watching your dog run and loving them just the same no matter how they do :cheers:

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Hi folks well there are 30 dogs entered so far, as always we will be taking reserves as well with a veiw to running a reserves stake if we have enough time on the day.

That's great ......Can I ask if there will be any trials ?? ....as I'll have a 10 month old Ethel that would like to do a hand slip for no more than a quarter of the course please ......That's of course if auntie Rae will let her come :lol:

Hi Hannah,

The Main 32 dog stake is now full (just 8 hours to fill it) as we know for a fact there are more runners to come in yet we are hoping to run a reserve stake for 16 dogs (time permitting) if not an 8 dog.

Trials? you realy love to stress me out dont you? :wacko: Cant promise anything it depeneds on time but we'll do our best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike Whippets said:
That's great ......Can I ask if there will be any trials ?? ....as I'll have a 10 month old Ethel that would like to do a hand slip for no more than a quarter of the course please ......That's of course if auntie Rae will let her come  :lol:
You're bringing loads of dogs just so you can have the big bed in Lesley's caravan this time :lol:

Well Ladys & Gentlemewn,

i've just had a kind offer for sponsorship for the reserve stake (just waiting to finalise the details)

Rae said:
Strike Whippets said:
That's great ......Can I ask if there will be any trials ?? ....as I'll have a 10 month old Ethel that would like to do a hand slip for no more than a quarter of the course please ......That's of course if auntie Rae will let her come  :lol:
You're bringing loads of dogs just so you can have the big bed in Lesley's caravan this time :lol:

Don't forget it's not a static (w00t) :lol:

we are hoping to run a reserve stake for 16 dogs (time permitting)

And so you should do as 2 of my 4 entered are in the reserves :p ..... If I'd known you would fill this stake so quickly, I'd have entered my lot LAST Sunday :eek: .....I still love the idea of a vet, pup, bitch and dog stakes ....Go on you know you want to :clown: :lol: .....Well it would be different and all :- " :p

And so you should do as 2 of my 4 entered are in the reserves  ..... If I'd known you would fill this stake so quickly, I'd have entered my lot LAST Sunday  .....I still love the idea of a vet, pup, bitch and dog stakes ....Go on you know you want to  .....Well it would be different and all 
HOW CAN I PUT THIS?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

[SIZE=21pt]BOG OFF[/SIZE] :oops:

You're bringing loads of dogs just so you can have the big bed in Lesley's caravan this time laughing.gif

NOOO not at all ...I love pins and needles :lol: ......I'll let Tink sleep with you though ....all legs and boney bits :lol:

Don't forget it's not a static

Tink and Ethel = only one dog between them .....I'll leave bossy Eric and Connie at home this time honest :b :lol:

And so you should do as 2 of my 4 entered are in the reserves  ..... If I'd known you would fill this stake so quickly
Sorry, but on the possitive side you will have two in the reserves stake :thumbsup:

we've now 5 reserves (including your 2)

OMG! full already, say it isn't so!

did Dij get a place????

please say he did!

I don't know, a girl goes out on the first blummin date she's had for 12 months and the blummin sheet fills up, grd drn blummin blummers :angry:

urchin said:
OMG! full already, say it isn't so!
did Dij get a place????

please say he did!

I don't know, a girl goes out on the first blummin date she's had for 12 months and the blummin sheet fills up, grd drn blummin blummers  :angry:

he did ;)

yay!!!! dij is in!!! i promise not to let tippy pick on him again :huggles:

The possition so far.

32 dog stake full

7 reserves (with more entrys expected today)

PRIZES

Trophies for both winners\runner ups sponsored by M & P Roberts "Parkstone"

Main Stake Winners Prize Money £100 sponsorship arranged by Geordie "Starvass"

Main Stake Runner up Prize Money £50 sponsored by Mr J Hutchings. "Pennymeadow"

Consolation Winners Prize Money £50 sponsored by M & P Roberts "Parkstone"

Consolation Stake Runner Up Prize Money sponsored by Mz T Docra "Highislands"

Reserve Stake Winners trophy donnated by Mr P Cork "Lynperry"

Reserve Stake Runner Up ~??

Main Stake Winners crate of Beer sponsored by Sparky

Collars for the 2 stake winners Alfyn "Denimonde"

OK lads & Lasses.

seeing as the Main stake is full after only 8 hours would any of you like to see the draw done early? or would you rather wait? :p

Go for it I say :thumbsup: I just like to see who's coming :D I dont mind who I'm drawn against :lol:

Seeing as there all in you might as well do it now, :cheers: then we can be either petrified or made up if we meet/miss Bella & Spry. :sweating:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back