The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

To All Lovers Of The Innocent Fox

Should this be in Chit Chat ?

Can't see why not...it's not dog-related :thumbsup:

It's not every-one's cup of tea either :))

It was on our local news at 6 30 pm for all to see, so I don't know why it shouldn't be on here!

Foxes are vermin and do a lot of damage to livestock. You don't have to watch it!!!!!!!!!!!

No i dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if it doesn't say what it is i have no choice do i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm as it is loading it does say what it is, I have a feeling that you are one of those that thinks if you cant see it then it doesnt happen.

I bet you moan about fox hunting , but refuse to believe it when people tell you that foxes do this , a few years ago Dave Harcombe had a video of foxes killing lambs but no tv station would air it

ive kept both chickens and other livestock.a good stockman has only himself to blame when chickens are taken by a fox.like the guy at the end of the video said keep your fences and netting in good repair and make sure your chickens are locked up at night.i never lost a chicken to any fox and i can hear foxes in the woods all the time barking.its just lazy farmers who cant be bothered checking their fences and maintaining them that lose stock to predators.its up to you to protect them.foxes have to live too you know and although i know a fox will run riot in a chicken pen they will bury the dead chickens and come back to dig them up and eat them when times are hard so although some think they just kill and waste birds they dont actually they do go back and eat them :thumbsup:

shameless52 said:
erm as it is loading it does say what it is,  I have a feeling that you are one of those that thinks if you cant see it then it doesnt happen.I bet you moan about fox hunting , but refuse to believe it when people tell you that foxes do this , a few years ago Dave Harcombe had a video of foxes killing lambs but no tv station would air it

Not at all..........im not some airy fairy female who thinks everything

is fluffy...........well i suppose i am a bit :lol:

I just didnt think Chit Chat was the right place for this...........i dont

know where i think it should go but i just voiced my opinion :))

kris said:
ive kept both chickens and other livestock.a good stockman has only himself to blame when chickens are taken by  a fox.like the guy at the end of the video said keep your fences and netting in good repair and make sure your  chickens are locked up at night.i never lost a chicken to any fox and i can hear foxes in the woods all the time barking.its just lazy farmers who cant be bothered checking their fences and maintaining them that lose stock to predators.its up to you to protect them.foxes have to live too you know and although i know a fox will run riot in a chicken pen they will bury the  dead chickens and come back to dig them up and eat them when times are hard so although some think they just kill and waste  birds they dont actually they do go back and eat them :thumbsup:

well said Kris.... i have poultry and never blame the fox for wanting to eat/survive.

x

shameless52 said:
erm as it is loading it does say what it is,  I have a feeling that you are one of those that thinks if you cant see it then it doesnt happen.I bet you moan about fox hunting , but refuse to believe it when people tell you that foxes do this , a few years ago Dave Harcombe had a video of foxes killing lambs but no tv station would air it

when it loads it doesnt say anything about the fact they shot a fox on camera, or that a fox attacks a chicken!!!

deffinatky think this post should have came with some sort of warning if you were putting it in chit chat, if not put it in working at least every one knows theres a chance of maybe not so nice viewing in there.

and concidering you named the post to "Replying to To All Lovers Of The Innocent Fox" people like me who quite like foxes, (better than rats or mice i would say) came on to have a look only to find so lazy fat farmer who couldnt be bothered to secure his chickens killing a fox, because it tried to take one of his many chickens.

sorry but i agree with annsa, definatly not the right place to put it :(

There are mixed feelings about this post - so I have added a warning to the title.

Whilst some people may not want to see a fox being shot, or chickens being caught by a fox, it is nevertheless a topic that is discussed often, and K9 is a discussion forum. You could say Chit Chat is just for that - chatting about it. The clip isn't about working or lure coursing, so doesn't belong there either.

I hope now the warning is there, everyone will be happy :thumbsup:

Sorry but I thought that video was actually quite interesting....I thought it amazing that the chicken was still alive....after that shot ....amazing.

I work on a farm and all the peacocks were taken out by a fox....it is really hard to fence chickens in safely .....and the farmers I work for are definitely not lazy and fat. It is very costly and time consuming...

The fox is a predator....and does sometimes just kill the chickens without eating them....

I actually like foxes too, but think the farmer is well within his rights to shoot them if he wants to......after all there is no hunting now to stop them...and the fox has no predators... except man now.

I wonder if any one on here has seen a chicken house or poulty house after a fox raid....it is not a pretty sight... :(

I dont mind this topic in chit chat at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
an interesting and well balanced article imo, foxes are vermin , they are a pest and seeing 1 taken out so humanely is refreshing

im now hopefully going to be accepted for a pest control course and it will involve the fox control aspect too , i hope i become as clean marksman as the chap shown :thumbsup:

Janimal said:
Sorry but I thought that video was actually quite interesting....I thought it amazing that the chicken was still alive....after that shot ....amazing.I work on a farm and all the peacocks were taken out by a fox....it is really hard to fence chickens in safely .....and the farmers I work for are definitely not lazy and fat.  It is very costly and time consuming...

The fox is a predator....and does sometimes just kill the chickens without eating them....

I actually like foxes too, but think the farmer is well within his rights to shoot them if he wants to......after all there is no hunting now to stop them...and the fox has no predators... except man now.

I wonder if any one on here has seen a chicken house or poulty house after a fox raid....it is not a pretty sight... :(

I dont mind this topic in chit chat at all.

i do appologise if my wording or post is a bit mean, i was just rather anoyed to have come on to look at this thinking it was a nice post about foxes only to find one being shot, as most know we have foxes out the back in the alotments and nobody here is bothered by them, i have seen many neighbours (like us) out there gardens taking pics. even the guys in the alotments dont mind them there. (mind you there are no chicken coops for miles)

all i was trying to get accross was that there should have been a warning on this for it to have been in chitchat with this title. :(

i really ment to say in the last post "not the right place to put it with out a warning" :oops:

i dont really agree with shooting foxes :ermm: but i was a little relived that the farmer got it with the first shot and said that he only would take a shot if he knew he could get it :sweating: would have been a much worse first post if the fox was still alive :(

ive seen chicken houses after a fox has struck,but ive also seen pics of foxes literally torn to pieces by dogs while huntsmen look on.ive also read postmortem results saying that a fox has taken minutes to die in extreme pain and suffering.all this after being chased for miles across country.yes fox hunting with hounds is banned but we all know its still going on as is badger baiting etc etc some people just enjoy blood sports for the sake of seeing an animal in pain and call it a sport or pest control when a lot of people know that some hunts actually encouraged the keeping and breeding of foxes in order to give the hunts a bit of fun. a quick clean death is much more preferable to the long drawn out suffering that was inflicted by so called sportsmen.i hate the idea of any animal being killed but taking a realistic view it does happen.a farmer isnt likely to spend time and effort on mending his fences and keeping his chickens under lock and key when the easiest and cheapest way of dealing with the problem is to shoot it.

id say more cost effective , as after all the farmer is running a business :thumbsup:

pest control is an important part of the rural and farming community too :thumbsup:

a clean single shot is a must , any death must be swift :thumbsup:

Well for what its worth my two pennies worth is:

Unfortunately life is cheap.

My view is every living creature has a right to a life. Whether it be a fox or a chicken, a squirrel or a rabbit, they are a living breathing creature that just like us feels pain.

Brandish them vermin but what are we for polluting the earth with our rubbish,waste & toxins? Is it ok then to shoot us or rip us apart ?

So, given the choice what would you prefer? A clean shot a bullitt or to be torn apart?

Answer i suspect is: NEITHER

We all do what we have to to survive, sometimes it seems to others without a reason but there often is if you look close enough.

I couldnt watch the video.

My motto is live & let live.

For those that enjoy seeing a living creature taken out by whatever means remember i strongly beleive we all come back one day & god help if you come back as what you brandish "vermin"

Make your choice now bullitt or otherwise? :- "

nina said:

My view is every living creature has a right to a life. Whether it be a fox or a chicken, a squirrel or a rabbit, they are a living breathing creature that just like us feels pain.

Brandish them vermin but what are we for polluting the earth with our rubbish,waste & toxins? Is it ok then to shoot us or rip us apart ?

So, given the choice what would you prefer?  A clean shot a bullitt or to be torn apart?

We all do what we have to to survive, sometimes it seems to others without a reason but there often is if you look close enough.

For those that enjoy seeing a living creature taken out by whatever means remember i strongly beleive we all come back one day & god help if you come back as what you brandish "vermin"

Make your choice now bullitt or otherwise?  :- "

Youve practically converted me with that little speech Nina. i will sleep on it.

hope you are well by the way :luck:

midlanderkeith said:
nina said:

So, given the choice what would you prefer?  A clean shot a bullitt or to be torn apart?

Make your choice now bullitt or otherwise?  :- "

Youve practically converted me with that little speech Nina. i will sleep on it.

hope you are well by the way :luck:

I just think ANY life should be valued Keith :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back