The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Update On Jesse's Amputation With Photos Of Walk

xxwhippetloverxx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:D Hello everyone,

Just thought that you would all like an update on Jesse.

He seriously is coming along so well :) I thank my blessings every day that he is still here with us :wub:

Infact, he's getting so strong that on Saturday we took him to the forest for a gentle stroll and today he went to his most favourite place in the world - the beach! We are still taking it really easy on him, stopping every now and then for a little rest and to watch the world go by :) Today he didn't run on the sand either, because it puts a lot of strain on his back leg, while he's still coming to terms with it all. But we took him for a stroll along the promenade which he adored :wub: Both days he even wanted to play with his ball!! :D :D Bearing in mind the operation was only a week and a half ago - this is just fantastic!! (w00t)

Oh it's just made me so unbelievably happy to see him up to mischief again. I thought it might make some of you smile too:

Photo-0012.jpg

This video puts THE BIGGEST smile on my face :D :D We obviously don't want him sprinting after the ball... so it's just gentle for now. He has a little nasty skid at the very end :( but he got up and ran off straight afterwards :)

:huggles: Hope everyone is well and happy,

Lots of love and hugs (and licks...)

Emma and Jesse xXx

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the most wonderful video I have seen and I can't believe how balanced and strong Jesse is - and in so little time too :D :thumbsup:

I am so happy for you, Emma. Jesse is looking really well again and the picture is lovely! :huggles: :cheers:

Brilliant little video, Jesse is amazing a proper little fighter
sign0100.gif

Brilliant video, thank you so much for sharing.

Cristina

That is so heartwarming, it's easy to see why he is such a special boy :wub: :wub: :huggles:

I hope his recovery continues to be a speedy one :luck: :luck:

wow doesnt he look good :wub: ,and he can still move fast :huggles:

loved the video seeing how well hes getting on :huggles:

Oh Emma what a little star Jesse is...amazing to see him running around,so soon too :wub: :wub: :wub: love the video :D :D bless his heart :wub:

how fantastic to see him up and about

Good luck with his continued recovery he is a credit to you and himself :luck: :luck:

oh emma that's brill look how strong he is bless him :wub:

thanks for showing us that and good luck :luck: with him he's a little sweetheart

:) Oh wow what a dog!! he is looking great and he can only get stronger each day.Well done to you both,its amazing to see him run after just a week and a half :thumbsup:

:huggles: I'm delighted for you Emma , how fantastic that Jesse is recovering so well :huggles:

He looks great in the video.

Glad he is making good progress.

:wub: Aww bless hope he continues to recover well :huggles: :luck:

That brought a smile to my face this morning, Im so glad hes getting stronger...and enjoying life again. :) :huggles: :wub: Lovely.. :wub:

What a star, and such fantastic news. :wub:

Great video Emma - he really is getting the hang of life on 3 legs isn't he? You must be very proud of the wee man :wub:

Just a thought - I wonder if it would be useful for mods to put a permanent link to your video in the FAQ's section?

From time to time people post on here either considering PTS as they don't think their dog will have a 'proper' life without all 4 legs - or people are just terrified about how their dog will adapt. It might reassure them to know that even after such a short time they are back to their doggy selves - maybe with a '6 months on' vid to show Jesse when he's mastered the art of 3 legged sprinting??

As I said, just a thought :thumbsup:

That's so amazing to see. He's so happy and relieved, I guess. I hope he will recover very well and a big hugg to all of you. The boy is lucky and you must be proud !! :wub: :huggles:

Blimey, you've made me cry :b but not with sadness, just so happy that he is feeling so well and enjoying a really cool game with the ball.

Bless him, he's gorgeous :wub:

Wow, Emma he's looking so brilliant!! Fantastic to see him jogging about. Such a quick recovery and he doesn't look fazed by the whole thing at all!! It's great :huggles:

And your signature strip is lovely... brought tears to my eyes :b just lovely.

Blimey, I had a tear too!

Such great news that your pal is doing so well. :huggles: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back