The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Update On Oscar

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Picked Oscar up at 2 pm today. :huggles: Boy was he pleased to see me....

he didnt need an op - but the underneath of his tongue was badly damaged but not enough to warrant an op.

Hes been extremely lucky this time and Yes it was stick damage so let it heed as a warning to anyone else too, and I should have listened to you sooner Debbie. :(

he did i may add find this one himself and managed to throw himself onto it as he raced around with it some how - and the vet said had it been in the back of the throat it could have been FATAL. :(

I must admit this has taught me one very valid hard and costly lesson. I thank god that hes ok. :huggles:

Hes had some cooked chicken and a nice walk and is looking a lot brighter than last night I must say. :thumbsup: and is on Metacam for a week and antibiotics too. Thank You to everyone that send him well wishes. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Oscar, but I'm so glad he's home, feeling better, and didn't need an op. :)

Glad Oscars ok, hope he's soon back to normal. :huggles:

glad to hear all is well for your oscar,my dog had a stick injury a few years ago now, she ran after a stick that was thrown for her and it inpaled her in the groin.

she had major skin and muscle damage,and she was lucky to get away without skin graphs,just lots and lots of stitches.

so we learnt our lesson the hard way.

Glad Oscar is on the mend, Janis. Big hugs to the lovely boy! :huggles:

Thank goodness Oscar's ok :sweating: :huggles:

So pleased he is on the mend. Hugs to Oscar :huggles:

Glad to hear he is on the mend...big hugs from me and mine :huggles:

Glad to hear he is ok. Give him a hug. :huggles:

So glad Oscar is okay and didn't need an op. Don't beat yourself up about the stick damage too much, it's so hard to keep them away from them. I don't know how i could stop Chloe getting them (i've never thrown them for her either, she just gets them herself). Luckily Frankie isn't interested.

Give Oscar a big kiss. :huggles:

Awwww thats a relief Janis :sweating: get well soon Oscar and dont scare us like that again :eek: :huggles: :huggles:

Thanks to everyone - here he is recovering. :huggles: :wub: and oh did Kobi miss him terribly. :sweating:

Resized_More_of_Oscar_March_038.jpg

glad oscar wasnt too badly injured :oops: ..i have seen some horrific damage that sticks caused to dogs throats...thank god that it wasnt worse...get well soon oscar :huggles:

how do you resist them especially after a trip to the vets when they look at you so sadly too. :(

Resized_More_of_Oscar_March_039.jpg

Glad Oscar is ok and didn't need an op. Did he get the ice cream?, I heard that Kobi ws a good boy so he deserves some too. Hugs all round.

Jenny

Just caught up on this - Poor Oscar :(

Glad he's okay - I can imagine the way he did this, Stanley grabs at things in the field when he is having a 'mad moment' but luckily he goes for hay or grass clumps.

Lots of love to Oscar :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back