The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vacuum Cleaners

Judy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Anybody got any advice on the best vacuum cleaner for someone with lots of dogs. Needs to be an upright.

we brought a pet vacuum, and it was RUBBISH so flippen heavy i could hardly push the thing :sweating: :sweating: and it was a nightmare to empty it :wacko:

so a few months back we replaced (or should i say binned) :oops: it for a dyson :thumbsup:

and thats brilliant, and really easy to empty :thumbsup: we almost fight over the hoovering :- " (w00t) :lol:

Judy said:
Anybody got any advice on the best vacuum cleaner for someone with lots of dogs. Needs to be an upright.
Theres no one that can mosey more efficiently with a hoover than me, dyson in one hand, and a henry in tuther, i demand maximum suction at all times, so get thi self a dyson, look at my topic grooming sally, then you will see that i need a hoover that does the job,

keith :cheers:

yep, i love a bit of suction.............a dyson is the way to go :thumbsup:

I find a wooden floor and leather sofa does the job!

I also have a Dyson Animal and that's good too.

Karen

Dyson, Dyson, Dyson......Love it, no substitute IMO :thumbsup:

I have the Dyson 'Animal' hoover, with five dogs it's the only thing I have found that will cope.

Its a Dyson Animal that's just faded away. Actually I've always had a problem with the suction. Washing the filter only seems to help for a short time. Anyway I am feeling too tight at the moment to fork out over £200 foe a cleaner so I was hoping tp find something cheaper.

Which pet vacuum did you have Julie? Obviously one to avoid!

Yep..dyson for me! Does the job with 5 messy kids and 4 whippies! :thumbsup:

Judy said:
Its a Dyson Animal that's just faded away. Actually I've always had a problem with the suction. Washing the filter only seems to help for a short time. Anyway I am feeling too tight at the moment to fork out over £200 foe a cleaner so I was hoping tp find something cheaper.

I've got the grey and yellow Dyson Judy, not keen on the animal one, and that ball thing was weird and blooming heavy as well, so won't be updating for a while.

Mine has lasted me for years, and is fab :thumbsup:

I know they aren't cheap, but I really think they are the best o:)

Judy said:

i cant remember but i think it was a morphy richards, pet vacuum :wacko:

it cost 95 pound so not a real cheapy

Im on my 3rd Dyson, this one is DC07 , had it 6 years now :wacko:

and I really need a new one , My sister just bought a VAX from Tescos for under £50.00 (w00t) and its really good , , she has lots of persian cats and their fur is much worse than whippets , and shes had Dysons too , but prefers the VAX s

:cheers:

Vax turboforce upright ... my model i think is discontinued now but they are great. Height adjustment for diff carpets or floor type. Amazing suction! Had a dyson before but too expensive to replace and actually vax is better ... only cost £80 as well (was on sale).

:) Ive got a dyson too but mines a constantMAX FOR COMMERCIAL use. (need it with 6 dogs) :- " (w00t)

Tina

Judy said:

I've got the Dyson Animal and it is really good and does not block as much as the older Dysons. It certainly picks up plenty of dog hairs. :D

Yep the Dyson animal .....It copes very well with my 11's hair and all :thumbsup: .......but then my Vax's is great but heavy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just bought the wife a Bissell £ 99 from comit, she had a Dyson lasted 6 yrs but parts arnt cheap :( ..£ 60..ouch

Judy said:
Judy, can I ask why it needs to be upright?

I have a Miele (not upright)which is absolutely brilliant and great for anyone suffering with back problems :thumbsup: I would never have anything other than Miele...my washing machine is a Miele too :thumbsup:

Tracey x

http://www.miele.co.uk/Products/ProductLis...cuum%20Cleaners

Thanks for all the replies, It sounds like maybe mine is an old model Dyson Animal because it does block easily. Maybe they are better now. I'm still feeling too mean & stingy to fork out for a new one at the moment though :(

beaubeau said:
Judy, can I ask why it needs to be upright? 

I have a Miele (not upright)which is absolutely brilliant and great for anyone suffering with back problems  :thumbsup: I would never have anything other than Miele...my washing machine is a Miele too  :thumbsup:

Tracey x

http://www.miele.co.uk/Products/ProductLis...cuum%20Cleaners

I just thought it would be easier to store an upright in our small but tall cupboard under the stairs. But by an amazing coincidence, I have just been looking at the Which web site and nearly all the Miele cleaners scored better than the Dysons on just about every count including pet hairs. And they're cheaper too so I was coming round to not having an upright after all.

Which model have you got? Which recommended the Cat and Dog TT5000 or the S4211.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy said:

I've had a Dyson DC07 (turquoise) for about 6 years .... worked great at first but gradually got worse on the suction and cleaning the filter is only a temporary fix. :( The OH dismantled it and cleaned everything and it worked again for a while but has never been as good as it was. Guess I shouldn't have used it to suck up the mess the builders left!!! :oops: It coped fine with 6 cats, 2 dogs and a teenager before that!

Got a Hoover 1500W (U3350) as a back-up - does a better job than the Dyson! :D :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back