The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vacuum Cleaners

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Never liked my Dyson................i use an upright Panasonic & a Henry :thumbsup: ............Wow beaubeau have you got a Miele!! i would love to have a go with that 8) Ive got a Miele oven which is the tops, but i couldnt afford the Hover as well :lol:

Judy said:
Thanks for all the replies, It sounds like maybe mine is an old model Dyson Animal because it does block easily. Maybe they are better now. I'm still feeling too mean & stingy to fork out for a new one at the moment though  :(
beaubeau said:
Judy, can I ask why it needs to be upright? 

I have a Miele (not upright)which is absolutely brilliant and great for anyone suffering with back problems  :thumbsup: I would never have anything other than Miele...my washing machine is a Miele too  :thumbsup:

Tracey x

http://www.miele.co.uk/Products/ProductLis...cuum%20Cleaners

I just thought it would be easier to store an upright in our small but tall cupboard under the stairs. But by an amazing coincidence, I have just been looking at the Which web site and nearly all the Miele cleaners scored better than the Dysons on just about every count including pet hairs. And they're cheaper too so I was coming round to not having an upright after all.

Which model have you got? Which recommended the Cat and Dog TT5000 or the S4211.

Oh Blimey, I've had mine for years and it's still brilliant. I've actually got 'The Solution' but they must have an updated model of this now. Don't worry Judy, it's stores away easily. All attachments are inside the cover, easily stands on each stair and has a long cord which winds in at the push of a button with your foot :thumbsup: Worth every Penny!!

Esthermax, you can come round and have a go with my Miele anytime..tomorrow about 9.00am OK? :teehee:

Tracey X

I have a Bosch Pro Pets 2000W which looks a bit like the Miele, and I bought it from hughesdirect.co.uk on the recommendation of the Which Best Buys website which gave it top marks for cleaning doggy households. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And it was only £95!! :- "

Have had a couple of Dysons and have spent so much time on the phone having to order spare parts, that I vowed never again. :angry: No problems at all with this. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got a dyson dc04 that ive had now for 5 years and its till going strong. i find that they r the only hoovers that make light work of all the dog hairs

Guess I shouldn't have used it to suck up the mess the builders left!!! :oops:

totally agree there, I've wrecked 2 Dysons following building messes, not bricks and mortar just sawdust from bedrooms getting fitted.............next time the builders are in I'm going to tell them to bring their own hoover to clean up the mess when they're done :angry:

BTW, don't you just love the way they say 'pass the hoover love and we'll clean up'....knowing full well that you'll do it yourself :angry:

going off subject but a pair of builders we had on a job, who were lads we knew, did the typical, 'put kettle on love, and we'll have bacon butties too' when I said I was on my way out but they could ask O.H to do it when he came back in 5 mins, they replied ' oh, it's ok, we don't want to bother him '...........like I've got nothing better to do :rant:

Changing the topic slightly , but I had men in to do new bathroom , and the min I went to work , they stopped , sat in cab for 30 mins , then went off to do another job :rant: they returned about 3/4 of an hour before they knew Id be home (w00t)

How did I know this , a very good neighbour , not nosey at all :- " I really miss her now shes moved , nothing happened up this crescent without Marion knowing :D , Any how , when the bill came , charged by the hour :eek: , we soon told the boss about his mens `coming and goings`. and only paid for the hours worked ` in the house` ;)

Im amazed they still work for him , unless hes in on it of course :(

sorry to go off topic :oops:

We've got the Morphy Richards Animal and i actually like it. Think it cost about £75 a few months ago.

We had Dyson's in the past but i didn't want to pay out that kind of money at the time of getting my new one.

I actually like my Morphy Richards. The suction is very good and picks up very well. Yes, it is a bit heavy, but not bad at all. I find very easy to empty.

Im pretty house proud and if it wasn't decent, i would replace it. I hoover my house every day, so no pet hair is evident and our house doesn't smell! :D

beaubeau said:
Judy said:
Anybody got any advice on the best vacuum cleaner for someone with lots of dogs. Needs to be an upright.
Judy, can I ask why it needs to be upright?

I have a Miele (not upright)which is absolutely brilliant and great for anyone suffering with back problems :thumbsup: I would never have anything other than Miele...20Cleaners]http://www.miele.co.uk/Products/ProductLis.
Ive used D ysons and found them to be pretty awful, like tracy id reccomend miele vacumns they have alot of suck, and last ages, they will also store upright in your cupboard, the only differance with the cat/dog version is that it has a charcoal filter which stops smells from pet hair, so you could go for a cheaper model which works the same, i just bought the black one its exceelent! :D

Oh bloody hell! I got it out again today and the damned thing worked. It must have overheated or something. Trouble is I don't really like it any more and I wanted to buy a new one. Now I'll have to wait. I think it might be on its way out though because it still blocks really easily ;)

Judy, just use it after a builder, that'll knacker it for good :lol:

We have a Dyson, it's had every part, including the flex, replaced and I think the only original part is the plug. I have heard good things about Miele so I would consider one of those next time.

Jenny

So its the second Dyson you've had then Jenny :lol:

:D I have a Dyson upright - no good for stairs and does not pick up parrot seed, a Henry which I love but it's fairly heavy and a miele which is efficient and neat(everything stores inside) BUT.. miele dust bags are very small, not really up to the dirt in my house,and cost £10 for 5 including a new filter which you are meant to change after 5 bag changes. If I only kept 1 it would be the Henry :)

I have a Hoover Bagless 2000, it is pretty good, but i do need to empty it 3-4x to get from one side of the house to another. Not that it is a hassle as it is so easy to to empty with push button release of the bottom of the canister. My 15 years old Hoover also still works, i only bought the new one because the attachments started cracking.

I have a Miele cat & dog so does my brother and my mum! I think it is terrific I have four cats and a dog and have to hoover every day :- " I never used to like pull a long hoovers but this has a turbo brush and it makes a huge difference. I used to have a Dyson upright but did not rate it at all. I think the Dysons are very flimsy cheap plastic and mines used to always break (w00t) Hope this helps

I think I've decided that the Miele Cat & Dog will be our next one when the Dyson finally dies. Hopefully at 7.30pm tomorrow night. :nuke:

Join the cause

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a Dyson,never again,so now i got a Vax,but i will say i got a pet Vax also for shampooing carpets etc.

quintessence said:
We have a Dyson, it's had every part, including the flex, replaced and I think the only original part is the plug. I have heard good things about Miele so I would consider one of those next time.
Jenny

Well, I'm on my second dyson. My first was the original DC01. Yep it had the flex replaced but it was over ten years old, so I don't think I can complain. The animal is just great and even cleans the car brilliantly.

Love my Dyson animal turbo :thumbsup: had a vax ..still got it and use that one for the car....it was useless in the house...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back