The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Waiting For A Call

Well, Pete's just back from the vets, the black area to the base of his wound wasn't metal work it was a stitch and he waited until the vet got it out, not a sound from him :) , but he still has the splint, vet not brave enough (or I) to take it off so it stays for another week but when it's off there will be no other bandage to take it's place. We just have to take it slowly and wrap him in cotton wool. :huggles: Here he is taking it easy after that stressfull event :wub:

View attachment 19577

Awww......He really looks like he's had enough, bless him :wub: :huggles:

Pete not happy today, not wanting to put weight on the leg at all ! :( , but I think it is sore from the visit to the vets, the wound was bleeding from where the stitch was taken out and he (the vet) did pull it about a fair bit.

Never mind on hols soon 8) , so if anyone in North Yorkshire see's us with Pete and his brother do come and say hello :))

Things are settled once more, Pete is his usual self :wub: :huggles:

Glad Pete's better today :huggles: :huggles:

Hope you all have a lovely holiday

Kirsty

Resting :))

peter_and_smartie_sleeping__Small_.jpg

Haven't been yet, off on saturday, vets this wednesday and splint off I hope! :luck: :luck:

Tomorrow should be the big day and splint off :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: , everything crossed as on hols saturday and I don't want sand getting in his bandages.

Today is the day, appointment at 4 so will post up-date later and photo's :luck: :)

Well good news :cheers: :luck: , splint off, some sore areas and muscle wastage :( but overall leg looks ok. Had a smelly foot :x and my OH bathed it and picked some cheezy stuff off Pete's paw :x , things now ok. Holiday will be a chilled one as Pete has to stay on the lead at all times with only a small amount of exercise :( , but the sea water may do ity the world of good :)

Anyway relaxing holiday lots of books to read and wine to drink, log fire if needed :) :) :thumbsup:

IMG_0032__Small_.JPG

IMG_0034__Small_.JPG

Excellent, he must be feeling loads better with that gubbins off his leg - here's hoping he doesn't get too frustrated with lead exercise on holiday! Hope you have a lovely time :luck:

Great to see the blue bandage is off - he must feel loads better now, its looking quite good considering. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

So glad that he is finally free of that horrible cast :( .

The leg doesn't look too bad does it. I think the sea water will be brilliant for it.

Have a great holiday :D

So pleased that Pete has got the bandages off - his leg doesnt look bad at all. I bet he is racing about soon!

It's terrifying letting them off the lead for the first time (w00t) We only let Leia have short runs off the lead and built it up so that she didnt over do it too soon.

have a lovely holiday :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back