The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Wcra Mandatory Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
can I just have clarification.

Graham if the Northern runs to club rules would my dogs be able to run at the open and would I be welcome?

Thanks for your replies folks. I can see why I haven't understood what what's before. Seems to me that it's even more complicated than I thought. I've got a few months to decide what to do and by then I hope that things will have become clearer.

Graham if the Northern runs to club rules would my dogs be able to run at the open and would I be welcome?

why the question

I heard you blocked us from club racing at the Northern earlyer this year so if the Northern runs to "club rules" would my entrys be accepted? if my info was wronge you can send me a membership form.

6. The condition of entry to all opens is a valid, WCRA passport, to be shown on the day of the race meeting.
Does this not just apply if you are running for WCRA event i.e. superstars? In the Northern constitution I’m sure it doesn’t say you can affiliate to just one organisation and if it did you could just change the club’s constitution. I’ve not looked at the WCRA constitution but I don’t think it says clubs can only affiliate to them. So can’t you just affiliate to the WCRA and NPWRA and then choose which rules you are running your open under as most of the racers will have passports for both and this way both associations run side by side without any falling out.
If you could run your opens that way Barry, then that would be fine. But, I suspect the WCRA will try and force you to accept any dog with a WCRA passport, and if that happens, you know what happens to your entry. In fact if your open states valid WCRA passports to be shown, then there will be a lot of people who don't have that, and who will stay away from your open. We and a lot of others won't have valid WCRA passports, so any opens run under WCRA rules (which if I understand the last letter from the Secretary correctly, all of them will have to) then we won't be able to come. It certainly needs clarifying before the Northern's AGM, so members can vote accordingly.

As I see it, you are paying £50 for your club to be dictated to by a dwindling committee, who have zilch respect from pedigree racers. The WCRA brought in mandatory rules to be taken by any club that affiliates - therefore, whether you run for Superstars or not, they will tell you that you must accept any dog with a valid WCRA passport.

If the WCRA had anything about them at all, they would have done away with stickers, and allowed anyone with a WCRA passport to run at their events - but they have shot themselves in the foot with this latest shite, as it has just angered people more. It's only a matter of time before they crumble as far as I can see - most of the committee have walked, or intend to at the Whippet Club AGM. If they gave people a choice, they may have survived a bit longer, but they want to dictate and blackmail clubs into affiliating so they can get stickers - bad move -_-

We are looking forward to the 3 events you have planned this year, but we won't be buying a sticker, so we won't be able to come if you affiliate. Clubs need to think very carefully, and safeguard themselves against their opens having very few entries. The WCRA accused racers of blackmailing clubs to drop Superstars last year - hark at the pot calling the kettle black :lol:
You remark about letters from the wcra i have been a member of Gloucester for many years and allways got to see the letters but this last two/three years a few of the members never get to see the letters is it because we vote the wrong way i wonder
It's got more to do with you not coming to race meetings Roy. At the last meeting I had the last letter there for all to see, but you were not there!

Other clubs that you visit will also have received the letter, but it appears you didn't see it there either.

why the question

I heard you blocked us from club racing at the Northern earlyer this year so if the Northern runs to "club rules" would my entrys be accepted? if my info was wronge you can send me a membership form.
.for what reasons would i block you,please explain yourself.

why the question

As I presume the Northern will be running the opens to "club Rules" and so able to choose who's entrys they accept at an open/or not will my entrys be accepted for the open or will they be blocked as they were earlyer this year for a club meeting at the Northern? I heard it was you who had objected to us trialing that day at the Northern so obviously it would be usefull to know if you will be doing the same at the Opens?.

hope that clarifies the question,

The mandatory rules that are being talked about aren't new and aren't a rumour. Rule 6 does say that if a club is affiliated then - all its opens have to make a valid WCRA open a condition of entry. It doesn't say "just opens that are counting for Superstars" (which has its own separate set of rules), it says all opens. As it's a mandatory rule that all affiliated clubs have to include in their club rules then running to club rules doesn't excuse them from this rule for any open.

6. The condition of entry to all opens is a valid, WCRA passport, to be shown on the day of the race meeting.

Therefore, if the rule is taken as written, then no affiliated club can accept entries to any dog without a valid WCRA passport to any of its opens and therefore would have to exclude all dogs without a WCRA passport with a current sticker which may be quite a few next year and may well include dogs belonging to club members. It in fact takes away choice from affiliated clubs.

Of course the rule might not be enforced as it wasn't last year. However it became obvious last year that the meaning of WCRA rules are subject to interpretation and that the interpretation of some rules has been changed more than once over the years to suit the situation that is being dealt with at the time, and the feelings of those people doing the interpretation. Also some rules have been ignored at times, only to be enforced in later years. Maybe this is one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mandatory rules that are being talked about aren't new and aren't a rumour. Rule 6 does say that if a club is affiliated then - all its opens have to make a valid WCRA open a condition of entry. It doesn't say "just opens that are counting for Superstars" (which has its own separate set of rules), it says all opens. As it's a mandatory rule that all affiliated clubs have to include in their club rules then running to club rules doesn't excuse them from this rule for any open.

Therefore, if the rule is taken as written, then no affiliated club can accept entries to any dog without a valid WCRA passport to any of its opens and therefore would have to exclude all dogs without a WCRA passport with a current sticker which may be quite a few next year and may well include dogs belonging to club members. It in fact takes away choice from affiliated clubs.

Of course the rule might not be enforced as it wasn't last year. However it became obvious last year that the meaning of WCRA rules are subject to interpretation and that the interpretation of some rules has been changed more than once over the years to suit the situation that is being dealt with at the time, and the feelings of those people doing the interpretation. Also some rules have been ignored at times, only to be enforced in later years. Maybe this is one of them.

very interesting read , make you think deeper into things :thumbsup:

why the question

As I presume the Northern will be running the opens to "club Rules" and so able to choose who's entrys they accept at an open/or not will my entrys be accepted for the open or will they be blocked as they were earlyer this year for a club meeting at the Northern? I heard it was you who had objected to us trialing that day at the Northern so obviously it would be usefull to know if you will be doing the same at the Opens?.

you didnt answer my question,and your mole was wrong.get your facts right before shootimg your mouth off

Hmmm i thought this thread was about mandatory rules not where mark can run his dogs, i can see why arguments keep starting, how will we move forward if these arguments keep occuring on here? :( in some ways k9 is a good thing if used for the right reasons but over the last twelve months there has been a lot of arguments and bad feeling on here which has not done whippet racing any good so k9 has its bad points.

Diane

Hmmm i thought this thread was about mandatory rules not where mark can run his dogs, i can see why arguments keep starting, how will we move forward if these arguments keep occuring on here? :( in some ways k9 is a good thing if used for the right reasons but over the last twelve months there has been a lot of arguments and bad feeling on here which has not done whippet racing any good so k9 has its bad points.Diane

i agree

I object to the scare tactics made by the wcra in suggesting that clubs lay themselves open to litigation! What absolute nonsense and an insult to anyone with common sense. A club running to its own rules and not affiliated to the wcra, can ban any dog they wish from their opens, what possible litigation could ensue? There are landlords banning people from their pubs daily, and I dont see any of them brought to court over it! Lol It just shows how low this organisation will stoop - an organisation which promised its affiliated clubs that they would investigate breeding of certain dogs, and who have done absolutely nothing of the sort. Dont waste

£50 I say, keep it in the club funds. Did any clubs lose entries by dropping superstars last year? The answer to that is no, they gained entries! The more nonsense we hear coming from the wcra, the more reason to feel that Gloucester were right not to affiliate! ;-)

why the question

you didnt answer my question,and your mole was wrong.get your facts right before shootimg your mouth off

it wasn't 1 mole Graham it was 4 who told me about the poll in June/July?, as for mouththing off LOL

Lou14 this is relavant to this topic as if a club runs to club rules they can choose who does/doesnt run at their opens. (I think this point has been proven in this thread)

I still havn't seen here whether my dogs would be accepted or not for the northern opens/champs its a simple question because they wernt accepted for a club meeting a few months back?.

yes it probably has got something to do with the mandatory rules but if your not allowed to run your dogs at the northern then sort it out face to face with the secretary as i dont think k9 is the place to sort that out thats 1 of the biggest problems with the whippet racing nobody sorts things out face to face everybody gets information from other people and what starts off as a minor thing ends up in world war 3

tom

Just read Mark Etheridge's spiel in the Whippet Club magazine. He is banging on about the NPWRA being unrecognised????? No racing Champions are recognised by the Kennel Club, so why does he think the WCRA is a recognised organisation? Not by the majority of racers it isn't! At least the NPWRA can give you assurance that you will only be running with proven pedigree dogs - and that to me makes it a recognised body ;)

Just thought of another point which stems from Mark and Grahams posts - I would imagine that most clubs will want to run for National points in 2010. I haven't seen the ruling on points as yet, but I would think they will include something along the lines of "entry to opens should be given to any dog acceptable to the NPWRA" meaning, if your dog has a National Passport, then it will be allowed entry. You couldn't have people banning dogs from entering their club opens willy nilly - or you'd have them all banning the Peppermints, Run at Mill etc :lol:

I'm still confused,(i only wanted to race my dogs)what is it about recognising titles or not?Who (or what organisation) is in charge of Pedigree Whippet Racing?????

Why have racing clubs,if they have to stick to mandatory rules that the club's member's may not agree with.

I would like the WCRA to give an answer to this question.

Do you intend to enforce your mandatory rules in 2010?

When clubs have this information they will be able to vote on affililiation with the necassary informatiuon at hand. I would personally have liked all information to be available on the WCRA website so that any-one can access it. This has always been one of the major problems and still it continues. -_-

Just thought of another point which stems from Mark and Grahams posts - I would imagine that most clubs will want to run for National points in 2010. I haven't seen the ruling on points as yet, but I would think they will include something along the lines of "entry to opens should be given to any dog acceptable to the NPWRA" meaning, if your dog has a National Passport, then it will be allowed entry. You couldn't have people banning dogs from entering their club opens willy nilly - or you'd have them all banning the Peppermints, Run at Mill etc :lol:
MY POINT EXACTLY JUNE

Tom, I don't have a problem sorting things out face to face with people as i'm sure many will know, and the best way to sort this is probably to get myself/graham and the 4 moles together at an open and that way i'll get the truth as if Graham is telling the truth then I will owe him an appologie (and he will get 1) as i'd expect from him or the moles.

Come on though Graham a straight answer to a straight question (no hiden agenda) in the mean time ~ "will my entrys be accepted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back