The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Weather talk...

Oh gosh - take care! The snow didn't look to bad on your picture? I guess the sea washed it away!

Will from @Direct Dog Treats is on a red warning to - snow day!
Yes, that was on the beach so a combination of the wind and salt water kept it down. We probably have about a foot in the garden and I just had to sweep a lot away when I opened the back door and it had built up a little barrier. Is Will in the same area as me - Eastern Scotland?

Yes, that was on the beach so a combination of the wind and salt water kept it down. We probably have about a foot in the garden and I just had to sweep a lot away when I opened the back door and it had built up a little barrier. Is Will in the same area as me - Eastern Scotland?

I think he's based in Glasgow

I'm wondering if a red warning of 'take action' really means 'Do nothing.' As in 'Don't go out, don't go to work, don't walk the dog...'

Or it might mean 'Stock up on wine, chocolates, beer and dog food':)
I like your style!

The beast from the East has claimed my lovely daffodils :(
IMG_4869.JPG

Well I woke up to this this morning, the back door is stuck and Olive really wants to bounce around in it with her sore leg! :eek:

snow.JPG

Our walk this afternoon:

Timber - Must scent mark on top of other dog's wee. But I am trained sniffer dog, I will hunt, hunt, hunt until I find it. Must scent mark. Sniff sniff sniff ...

Me - It's the yellow bit.

Our walk this afternoon:

Timber - Must scent mark on top of other dog's wee. But I am trained sniffer dog, I will hunt, hunt, hunt until I find it. Must scent mark. Sniff sniff sniff ...

Made me laugh, but its true! :)

Our walk this afternoon:

:D:D:D:D

We were wondering whether Den's wee may turn straight into icicles!!

Stay warm and safe tonight everyone, particularly those of you in the new red zone.

Thanks @JoanneF - we’re on a red warning.

I’ve just seen pictures of our local supermarket and the shelves have been cleared! It’s crazy.

Thanks @JoanneF - we’re on a red warning.

I’ve just seen pictures of our local supermarket and the shelves have been cleared! It’s crazy.
Mr F had to get soya milk this morning instead of real milk in the local co-op and there was no bread. We were (probably still are) cut off - the lesson is never be without pasta, tomatoes and canned tuna!

Everyone on red and amber warning, stay safe, warm and look out for the vulnerable people/animals in your area. Go out when desperate for food/water/medical needs. Try and keep our dog’s warm and calm, stress could make this storm worse for your dog. I hope you all have a safe, warm, and peaceful night. Let’s hope tomorrow gets better and work is again closed except for emergency cases. The snow is continuing near me and we are on an amber warning with approximately 50cm in my back garden but the roads there is 20cm so no one is out. I have offered to go to the shop for a few neighbours but no one wants to me risk going to Tesco, I could walk but the wind could knock me over. Hope everyone is safe and warm :)

The roads round here are dreadful. Not in terms of inches of snow, but in terms of complete gridlock. A friend left work 5 hours ago, and is still not home. He lives 8 miles from work...:(

I'm not sure how much of this is because we're completely unused to these conditions on the south coast.

Even more important is the fact that Jasper is refusing to go outside for a wee... I'm hoping that he faces the inevitable before bedtime and not at 2am.

The roads round here are dreadful. Not in terms of inches of snow, but in terms of complete gridlock. A friend left work 5 hours ago, and is still not home. He lives 8 miles from work...:(

I'm not sure how much of this is because we're completely unused to these conditions on the south coast.

Even more important is the fact that Jasper is refusing to go outside for a wee... I'm hoping that he faces the inevitable before bedtime and not at 2am.
oh your poor friend! if you go on the AA website it could tell him how long he has left to wait. I hope he does a wee soon too because if Jasper doesn't do one now then he will wake you up and he will get cold later.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back