The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Were Do Little Pups Sleep?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
TC said:
Hi Oakmoorehill,
All my trainers are dirty...I wear them! That said I would not have a 7 day old puppy in a situation where they could get near them.

I'm really sorry, but in my opinion, and I'm not being over cautious, puppies of that age need to be kept on nice clean vetbed and away from germs etc.

I'm not saying my house is spotless either, far from it, and I would not allow pups to drag themselves over my carpets. They would be in a much more sanitary environment away from potential threats. Do you know exactly where those trainers have been and what they may have picked up?? It wasn't about criticising the trainers, it was about common sense and good animal husbandry.

I think the silence on this thread is a good indication that there are actually quite a few people that might agree with myself and Chelynnah.

TCx

Don't worry you'll not have to look at any more photos of my pups as there'll be no more photos of them on this or any other thread

Thanks

Helen

Don't worry you'll not have to look at any more photos of my pups as there'll be no more photos of them on this or any other thread

Thanks

Helen

please dont stop putting photos up of your pups they are lovely and i and im sure many others all enjoy seeing them :wub: :wub:

TC said:
I'll probably get some backlash too, but these pups are what? 7 days old?
Personally I am seriously shocked that a pup that young is in a situation where it can wander around in it's blind state onto a dirty trainer, over I don't know what else.

Sorry, but it seems unacceptable to me.

TCx

Sorry but i have to agree. :(

Windsdream said:
TC said:
Personally I am seriously shocked that a pup that young is in a situation where it can wander around in it's blind state onto a dirty trainer, over I don't know what else.

TCx

I do too im afraid :( I don't like the idea of such tiny pups being able to crawl around freely like that

However, if you're happy with it, i don't see why you're going to stop posting pic's :thumbsup:

Right I shall now explain why these pups were not in their pen for those who don't bother reading my threads

The pups are being partially bottle fed. Tegan is not eating well and so we are bottle feeding the pups at night. Now the pups pen is in my sons bedroom and having spent 12 hours last week sitting in the middle of a 15 year old lads bed room I don't want to do it every night. They come down in a basket but as they are now trying to climb out they go on the floor on a piece of vet bed whilst I am feeding them one at a time. I have already posted this on a previous post.

So in future I'm afraid some people should get their facts right before slating others .They were not unsupervised for more than 20 secs I was letting Tegan out for a wee and my OH walked in the room almost as soon as I went out. So now I have done what I said I wouldn't do and justified my actions to you

Windsdream said:
TC said:

TCx

could not agree more

well goo luck with them helen lets hope youre not having too many sleepless nights :lol: looks like tegans got this mother hood lark down to a t you can do the night shift and i will do days whippets dont have staff to do all the hard work themselves you know :lol: :luck: :huggles:

oakmoorehill said:
Right I shall now explain why these pups were not in their pen for those who don't bother reading my threads
  The pups are being partially bottle fed. Tegan is not eating well and so we are bottle feeding the pups at night. Now the pups pen is in my sons bedroom and having spent 12 hours last week sitting in the middle of a 15 year old lads bed room I don't want to do it every night. They come down in a basket but as they are now trying to climb out they go on the floor on a piece of vet bed whilst I am feeding them one at a time. I have already posted this on a previous post.

So in future I'm afraid some people should get their facts right before slating others .They were not unsupervised for more than 20 secs I was letting Tegan out for a wee and my OH walked in the room almost as soon as I went out. So now I have done what I said I wouldn't do and justified my actions to you

Hi Oakmoorehill,

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone if you feel confidence in your actions, but since you have chosen to do so I feel that I should respond as it is my post that seems to have started this.

I was merely stating my opinion with regards to exposing very vulnerable puppies to germs and disease from outside sources. Unfortunately I have seen many puppies bought through the vets doors for similar reasons. Watching a litter die from this sort of incidence is not only very sad, it's also (in my opinion) avoidable in many cases.

As far as all the little digs about me not reading your previous posts (which I read before I posted actually), and getting my facts right, all I can say is that one fact is clear for all to see. A seven day old pup was exposed to a dangerous situation. Whether you left it for 20 seconds or 20 minutes is irrelevant to me.

Sorry if that offends.

I wish you well with the litter.

TCx

Please make sure that all posts are within K9 rules:

Threatening, flaming, rude or abusive treatment of other members, groups, persons or organisations on the Message Board or Gallery, in the Chat Room or through email or PM will NOT be tolerated. If you feel you must criticise then criticise the idea not the individual or group. Any posts criticising individuals or groups will probably get removed and those doing the criticising will probably be warned via the warning system.

Last edited by a moderator:
TC said:
oakmoorehill said:

Hi Oakmoorehill,

You don't have to justify yourself to anyone if you feel confidence in your actions, but since you have chosen to do so I feel that I should respond as it is my post that seems to have started this.

I was merely stating my opinion with regards to exposing very vulnerable puppies to germs and disease from outside sources. Unfortunately I have seen many puppies bought through the vets doors for similar reasons. Watching a litter die from this sort of incidence is not only very sad, it's also (in my opinion) avoidable in many cases.

As far as all the little digs about me not reading your previous posts (which I read before I posted actually), and getting my facts right, all I can say is that one fact is clear for all to see. A seven day old pup was exposed to a dangerous situation. Whether you left it for 20 seconds or 20 minutes is irrelevant to me.

Sorry if that offends.

I wish you well with the litter.

TCx

The comments about not reading my previous posts were not entirely aimed at you TC

now subject closed

oakmoorehill said:
TC said:
Hi Oakmoorehill,
All my trainers are dirty...I wear them! That said I would not have a 7 day old puppy in a situation where they could get near them.

I'm really sorry, but in my opinion, and I'm not being over cautious, puppies of that age need to be kept on nice clean vetbed and away from germs etc.

I'm not saying my house is spotless either, far from it, and I would not allow pups to drag themselves over my carpets. They would be in a much more sanitary environment away from potential threats. Do you know exactly where those trainers have been and what they may have picked up?? It wasn't about criticising the trainers, it was about common sense and good animal husbandry.

I think the silence on this thread is a good indication that there are actually quite a few people that might agree with myself and Chelynnah.

TCx

Thanks

Helen

Now come on Helen, its no good you having a litter and not showing em on k9 for all to see, cos if you dont, dunna forget im only round the corner from you, and you dunna want me knocking on your door do ya, cos i will only want feeding :lol:

piccies please

:cheers: :huggles:

Wow, what can i say.My little girl has just had a litter of 7 and im trying my best to keep them safe. but i always believe that too much safety is a danger.Have a think about what i just said before you slate me. Its always good to see everyones pics and anyone can make what seems to be negative comments about anything.But i believe there is a positive in everything.We al have dogs,i think,and we all do things with them that others wouldnt,this doesnt make us bad owners though.We should be supporting and encouraging each other.

:cheers: :cheers:

midlanderkeith said:
oakmoorehill said:
TC said:
Hi Oakmoorehill,

TCx

Thanks

Helen

Now come on Helen, its no good you having a litter and not showing em on k9 for all to see, cos if you dont, dunna forget im only round the corner from you, and you dunna want me knocking on your door do ya, cos i will only want feeding :lol:

piccies please

:cheers: :huggles:

And, and, :lol: heres wotya call a filthy trainer, yours fer nowt, and i can deliver

What that dog puts up with for you Keith (w00t)

Pauline

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back