The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

We're Gutted!

Cornish

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sheer madness has happened over the past couple of days with regard to the house and us moving..... I am never giving any details out ever again until we have the keys and are moved in.

We were suppose to be moving into the house in a little over a weeks time and it has fallen through.

Just before we left on Monday we got a letter that said that the house we were buying as built on top of a mine adit which was 100 feet under the house but there was a mine shaft to the side of it which had been covered with soil and that is only on the recent records..

The mines have been opened and closed several times over the past 200 years and only in the early 1900s did they start to map out where the tunnels of the mines were....

They fear that there is in fact a lobe or adit running from anything from 40 to 15 meters under the house.

And because of this report our solicitors have deemed it seriously dangerous to proceed with the purchase of the house.

So we are back out there looking for another house!

I am so sick of this house buying lark now..... this next house will in fact be the 8th one we have tried to buy.

We are no longer looking for old Cornish houses as the past 6 have been that type and have caused all these problems.

We have been to see the total of 30 odd houses since Wednesday and have put an offer on one of them.... but we are not sure it will be excepted as they had a lower offer and excepted that without us knowing Friday afternoon.... being an equity company though we think they may go for the full asking price as they want to get as much as they can for the property to gain back their money.... we shall just have to see.

So it means now that I am not sur if we willbe moved by the begining of November for us to have our puppy :(

I am hoping things will come together pretty soon but we were suppose to be moving on the 1st August so have had to put the moving date back with the buyers of our house to try and find somewhere quick smart

Has anyone else been through so much trouble with buying a house or is it just us? :blink:

Oh Rachael Im so sorry, :( I know this house depends onyou having that second whippet too :(

I havnt had this sort of trouble...although my house is an old one too and is a bottomless money pit....it is very stressful being in the chain and waiting for contracts to exchange is bad enough.. what an aweful shame for you.

I do hope the next one you see brings more luck and happiness. :luck: :luck:

Very stressful time for you but it will all work out in the end. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. I know that doesn't help you in anyway but try to keep positive :blink:

Tracey X

so sorry for you,its the worst time isnt it,weve only ever moved once and that was so stressful i dont look forward to going through it again.

hope things start looking up for you,and im keepin my fingers crossed that you get your house and your pup.

good luck rachael :luck: :luck: :luck:

buying and selling houses is the most stressful thing after divorce apparently :( (and likely to cause divorce - or murder).

But just to cheer you up, we lost a house at the very last moment (I had already moved in my mind - knew where all the furniture would go, had told our friends etc etc) and I was gutted and thought I'd never find another house I liked :(

BUT GUESS WHAT? out of the blue the most fantastic house came up and we got it and every day I am grateful that we didn't buy the other one. I'm sure you'll look back on this time and be so pleased you didn't go ahead :D Good Luck with finding your house and getting your new puppy as soon as possible :huggles:

Oh Rachel really feel for you. Try to stay positive hun,it will all work out in the end :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear your having such a bad time of it Rachel , The joys of living in Cornwall . Finding the place is very difficult without the added presure of Mine searches. :luck: :luck:

Rachel,i,m so sorry this is happening,i hope it all works out in the end.Like Jostler says its one of the stressful things to do.We had our on the market a few years ago,we found a house and everything and then found out our buyer could'nt have a mortgage,we were gutted,as we fell in love with the house we were buying,we found a buyer quickly and then that fell through too :( so we lost the house we wanted.We gave up but we still want to sell this one,but because of house prices,we unable to at the moment.

Well things have only now gone from bad to worse and to be honest I am ready top jack the whole thing in.

We sat back and rethought this house moving thing and have decided that we wil go and stay with M&D in law and then buy a house with the cash in our pockets as not only did we loose that house but our sellers then decided to pull out.

So we are no on planB which involves us moving our stuff into storage and then sellig the house as vacant pocession.

Yesterday after everything was agreed, my father in law decided he would hit me with this piece of news.

Rachel, I hav bad news I am afraid, but you can't have the puppy in Novmber as we don't want two dogs here! :rant: :rant:

I can't go on and say how I am feeling as I am on the verge of loosing it to be honest.. I felt like a small ant seeing the foot looming above it and waiting for its end to come stamping down on it.

:(

oh im so sorry about your house, its a stressful time as it is without added things like this :(

our house sale fell through 3 times and we lost 3 lovely houses in the process :rant: so i know how you feel :(

we finally got a nice house, and now have really awfull neighbours :rant: and want to move again, but just cant be doing with the stress!

good luck, im sure it will all work out in the end :luck: :luck:

Oh I am sorry to hear this latest disappointment :( what a b. :rant: er it's all become.

It's horrible feeling out of control of your life and blocked from what you want to do. I really hope you manage a plan - perhaps not staying with parents-in-law???? Also, it's just a thought - but does a house sell better with your nice furniture and family warmth, or empty? I think my house empty would show up all the cracks, grubby paintwork and dodgy DIY and the furniture and pictures distract the eye....... :D GOOD LUCK, I'm sure it will come right in the end - it's just the darkness before the dawn :huggles:

i like to sell a house in the winter, so you can have all your lamps on and its all nice and warm..plus people cant see the marmite finger marks on the walls :oops:

and the muddy paw prints on the sofa :oops: :- "

It's horrible when you feel out of control like that. :( Hope things turn around for you soon. :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

I ,m so sorry Rachel :( :( How awful for you and your family,my heart goes out to you :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Cornish said:
Well things have only now gone from bad to worse and to be honest I am ready top jack the whole thing in.
We sat back and rethought this house moving thing and have decided that we wil go and stay with M&D in law and then buy a house with the cash in our pockets as not only did we loose that house but our sellers then decided to pull out.

So we are no on planB which involves us moving our stuff into storage and then sellig the house as vacant pocession.

Yesterday after everything was agreed, my father in law decided he would hit me with this piece of news.

Rachel, I hav bad news I am afraid, but you can't have the puppy in Novmber as we don't want two dogs here! :rant:   :rant:

I can't go on and say how I am feeling as I am on the verge of loosing it to be honest.. I felt like a small ant seeing the foot looming above it and waiting for its end to come stamping down on it.

Aww :huggles: :huggles: what an aweful stressful time, its bad enough waiting in a blooming chain without all this happening.....poor you :( we lived in for a month when we moved (my mother in laws) she went away for a fortnight though fortunately ...but then originally the two weeks turned into a month - that was bad enough.

If its any consolation my brother and his partner have just found themselves homeless this weekend after the owners of the house they were renting had the house taken off them because they were in arrears with their mortgage and its been repossessed.

They have had to move in with my mum and dad who are in their seventies (w00t) with two teenagers, two cats and a rottweiller. (w00t) ...well hes now gone into kennels for two weeks until a new house is found. :blink: :( They are coping but only just....

I bet when you are least expecting it life will just turn itself around- hopefully :luck: :luck: Im keeping all my fingers crossed for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone.

As my OH keeps saying, no one has said I can't have another puppy when all this is sorted out but to be honest it feels like it at the moment.

We have watched the market for the past year and noticed vacant pocession goes quicker than if a house is lived in.

We'll leave a certain amount of furniture here to give it the lived in family feel though.

The house buying/selling thing in Scotland seems to be far better than down here... I may move up there lol

Will keep you posted..... you never know, we may be all sold up and moved by November when our little chap is due t come home wit us :- " is that wishful thinking :blink:

:huggles: aww chin up hun ..itl all work out in the end youl see :huggles:

Cornish said:

Rachel, I hav bad news I am afraid, but you can't have the puppy in Novmber as we don't want two dogs here! :rant:   :rant:

Cant you send the father inlaw to cop this great white shark thats supposed to be looming in your waters :lol: chin up Rachel all will come good in the end

keith :cheers:

oh rachel so sorry about your housing situation at the moment,but never give up hope,im sure it will work out good in the end,you know where we are i you need to talk,where all here to help :thumbsup:

Rachel, I think you may have misunderstood the term vacant possession :

Vacant Possession

This expression means that the property, although currently occupied, is for sale on the understanding that the present occupants will move out prior to completion and that you will be available to move into the property immediately.

The alternative is for a property to be sold subject to an existing tenancy, when it may be sold purely as an investment opportunity, or there may be part vacant possession, with only certain rooms being occupied by a statutory tenant. In these circumstances it is important that you discuss the matter carefully with your legal adviser since landlord and tenant legislation is complex and can change from time to time with new housing legislation coming through.

Vacant possession is naturally assumed when a property is put on the market and will not be noted on the particulars but if any delay or special conditions apply the estate agent will make an appropriate note.

Val

:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back