The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What are you humans up to today?

we are staying in a big house in Kilkhampton about 10 minutes from Bude :)

Oliver, Dennis and myself were meant to be going away for the night but we’ve had to cancel :-(
We can work from home so no snow day for us as such.

How about everyone else?

How’s it looking in Scotland @JoanneF and @Direct Dog Treats ?

In the office on my own currently. I think the locals have chickened out! I've got a trip planned up to Wolverhampton tomorrow, so that might be off the cards now.

Oliver, Dennis and myself were meant to be going away for the night but we’ve had to cancel :-(
We can work from home so no snow day for us as such.

How about everyone else?

How’s it looking in Scotland @JoanneF and @Direct Dog Treats ?
It's quite bad here - I haven't seen it as bad in this area before. It isn't so much the amount of snow but the fact it is quite dry snow (you know, the little flakes rather than the big soft ones) and the wind is making them drift. And it is very, very cold! I was supposed to be meeting someone in Edinburgh today so that's off. Fortunately we have heating and provisions (including chocolate and wine) so we should be fine! Thank you for asking.

I have to get a refund on my birthday running watch. OH bought it for birthday and I charged it up on Christmas Day, but as I had the 'flu I didn't use it. Feeling much better now so decided to check on it. The battery had gone dead, it was still on the week before. Anyway, it wouldn't charge, went back to Halfords who received the click n collect for the order. They said they had to contact the manufacturer and would contact me by yesterday. Well they had contacted the manufacturer and they haven't got back to them so they're offering a full refund. I never even used the watch and it's wrong!!! The watch provides the best value for money for what I need so I'm wondering whether or not just to try another one. It does put me off the watch a bit that it went wrong so easily

Is anyone up to anything exciting on this cold wet Wednesday?

I'm off for a meal this evening for my brothers 21st birthday - He wanted somewhere that served lobster!

Have a great time @Josie.

I am writing this morning and this afternoon I will take an elderly friend shopping and to the hospital for her bloodtests.

What do you write, @Mad Murphy ? Not that I'm nosy or anything;)

I took Monty, our 20-year-old cat, to the vet this morning for a check-up and booster. He's doing fine - a touch of arthritis but not enough to justify medication and possible side-effects, just very weak in the rear end so falls over if you so much as blow on him! I discussed with the vet whether the booster was worth it, but there's a chance of J bringing something indoors with him on his coat or feet and although the risk is very low, if M did get cat flu it would probably finish him off, whereas he's never had an adverse reaction to the booster.

J always gets anxious when I take M out of the house, but this morning he got worked up the moment I stood up from my chair to get ready. I can't for the life of me work out how he knew that something 'different' was happening today but he certainly did, even if he didn't know it related to M. Very odd.

I have a blog and Im busy with my third book...

I spent the day looking after (being terrorised by) my 1 and 3 year olds. We mostly just did chores and played with toys. I was going to get allsorts done this evening when they wemt to bed bit ended up playing fetch with Teddy in the living room and fell asleep on the sofa...

Spent my day cleaning fish tanks then walking the boys, went to the vets,came back and played ball back out with the boys tonight then more ball! I want my bed lol

What is your book about Mad Murphy? I'd love to be able to write one, one day (not likely due to lack of imagination and/or ability :D)

What is your book about Mad Murphy? I'd love to be able to write one, one day (not likely due to lack of imagination and/or ability :D)

I cheated, I needed no imagination its about our move from London to NL and all the daft things that happened to us..

Has everyone been enjoying glorious weather this weekend?

I also want to say a massive THANK YOU to all of the members who always take time out of their day to help others and reply. I may not comment on every post but I always read them and I feel super proud at how friendly everyone is. What a good feeling to help out fellow dog owners! x

The weather is lovely - I'd like to be sitting in the sun relaxing but I have a super fit puppy (he's apparently spent the last 10 days playing all day and is now 10kg of pure muscle) and severe jet lag......

I'm juggling work, gardening, and cleaning out DS1's bedroom. The last of these is... interesting:confused: DS2 having left home, DS1 has now moved into DS2's old room so we can decorate DS1's room. DS1 has ME/CFS so has really not kept on top of cleaning and sorting his 'stuff', and as he tends to be nocturnal and I'm juggling work, fibromyalgia and Jasper, I've rather let it go. For over a decade....:oops:

Our aim is to make it Jasper-safe by the end of the day. We recently banned him from our bedroom apart from when under supervision as we got fed up of gritty, muddy and occasionally torn bedding (however carefully we covered it, he would dig down till he got to sheet level), and let him have DS2's room & bed to use as he wanted. So at the moment, he's not allowed in any of the bedrooms when we're not there and he is not happy about this!

The weather is lovely - I'd like to be sitting in the sun relaxing but I have a super fit puppy (he's apparently spent the last 10 days playing all day and is now 10kg of pure muscle) and severe jet lag......

Oh no! Super pup. Hope you had a nice holiday :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back