The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

What breed is he?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi guys!
Just an update for those who are interested :) since he was last weighed at the vets on the 25th he was weighed today and he’s put on 2 kg!!!! The hair around his neck is starting to grow longer too so I think we’re betting on GSD x collie! :) xxx
Oh, & still awaiting DNA. Hopefully will have results within the next week!

My original guess was GSD, collie and maybe a bit of whippet...dying to know DNA results- oh and if I'm right do I win him?!! (just kidding but a gorgeous boy.)

My original guess was GSD, collie and maybe a bit of whippet...dying to know DNA results- oh and if I'm right do I win him?!! (just kidding but a gorgeous boy.)
Yes possibly! He is very quick.
Yes you are welcome to him - he’s so naughty! Ha ha ha

Hi guys! Results are in.
Completely shocked there’s no shepherd in him!!
He’s border collie x Scottish terrier x kelpie x American Staffordshire terrier!
What a mix!!! Bless him. He’s now 17kg and will be 6 months old next week!

X x
D08B0B64-32BA-42BA-BD0A-39E36FF01F8E.jpeg
515FDD31-E9FE-43AB-99EB-8F617A901DB5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

pretty-please with whipped cream & a cherry on top, will U come back to this thread with an update photo when he's 12-MO?... Please, please, pleeease? :)
and thank U so much for sharing his profile results. Amazing!

Oh wow, that's interesting. I definitely can't see the Scottie in him!

Thanks for letting us know! That is a mix indeed.

He’s gorgeous :rolleyes:

@Daniestreat a question.. Does knowing his mix make any difference to you? Are you now finding yourself looking for traits from any of these breeds or are you thinking 'oh that explains why he does x y or z?

oops thats 2 questions !

@Daniestreat a question.. Does knowing his mix make any difference to you? Are you now finding yourself looking for traits from any of these breeds or are you thinking 'oh that explains why he does x y or z?

oops thats 2 questions !
Hi Murphy!
It doesn’t really make any difference to me, however I sent the DNA off as I was getting irritated not knowing what he was when people would ask me in the street! I also wanted to know about any potential problems he may encounter later on or inherit from certain breeds! I also wanted to know what sort of size of dog he would be.
He is a very quick learner so I guess that’s the collie / kelpie in him!:)

pretty-please with whipped cream & a cherry on top, will U come back to this thread with an update photo when he's 12-MO?... Please, please, pleeease? :)
and thank U so much for sharing his profile results. Amazing!

Yes of course!!!!! No problem :) I expect I will post every now and again with an update!! Thank you!

I can see kelpie as well as collie now! Still:rolleyes: anyway. He's a star. (Getting anxious about my own DNA now- my OH already suggesting a touch of pit-bull.)
Yes me too!
Oh gosh, you’ve sent one away too?! Have you got pics of yours?!

QUOTE, merlina:

... Getting anxious about my own DNA, now -
my OH already suggested a touch of pit-bull.

as a kid, Mum always said I was half-mule. :p She was, however, sufficiently self-controlled not to mention which side of the family it came from... :rolleyes: that being self-evident. My sire was as immovable as the Rock of Gibralter, once he was set on doing something - or more often, NOT doing something that we'd have preferred he do. :(

Mum also described me as "pigheaded", which phenotypically would have been a really unfortunate combo. :eek:
Luckily, i don't have mule ears, nor a pig's snout & tusks. :D My mule-streak, & my pigheaded refusal to be driven in a direction I don't want to go, aren't visible.
Personally, after the disaster of my "move to Ohio" for a job & shared living-space that was pulled out from under my feet, then arriving in Mass with 2 fifty-pound suitcases & a shoulder-bag, plus what money I had from the sale of my stuff, I think my refusal to lie-down & give-up has kept me alive.
I'm not stubborn - I just don't quit. ;)

- terry

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back