The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whats the worst thing your dog has rolled in?

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Josie, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Dennis has a lovely habit of rolling in something disgusting when he gets the opportunity!

His worst ever offence was when he rolled in fresh dog poo :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he was out with our dog walker (who happened to live in the same building as us) and they arrived back just as I got home from work.

At the time we were living in a top floor flat so there I am trying not to let him touch anything whilst also trying not to gag all the way up the stairs! I had to tie him to a banister whilst I cleared everything out of the bathroom.

I'm actually gagging slightly whilst writing this memory!!

SHARE YOURS :eek:

2. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

I was walking on the hills and she must have loved the smell of the fox poo and sheep poo and she rolled in both of them, and just to make matters worse it was another 50mins to get home so i basically dragged her to the stables and made her take a bath in the stable it was the worst smell! When we passed people with dogs they walked by with a dirty look on there face as if to say you dog doesn't get a bath? Olive then got a proper bath and covered her in doggy perfume that i had bought off a groomer. I love your story @Josie , oh Dennis ! :eek::eek:

Sezzy and Josie like this.
  3. Kayak

Kayak Active Member Registered

Kay's never rolled in anything, but one of my old JRT's rolled in a deer carcass o_O

4. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Jasper rolls but thank goodness only on grass/earth, never in stinky stuff:)

Sezzy, arealhuman and Josie like this.
  5. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Jimmy hasn't rolled in anything gross yet, as we keep him on the lead when out and about. That said, he does dive into hedgerows for a sniff/wee/poo (sometimes in that order, sometimes not :D) and can step in other dog's poo. Yesterday he manged to step in his own - did a poo, saw a cat and started jumping around, walked in own poo before I had picked it up :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Sezzy, Josie and Violet Turner like this.
  6. Josie

Violet Turner likes this.
  7. arealhuman

arealhuman Well-Known Member Registered

Not for me so much - as I do the early walk, my wife does the clean up when he gets home :D

Mayblossom, Sezzy and Violet Turner like this.
  8. Josie

Oh no your poor wife!! :D

arealhuman and Violet Turner like this.
  9. Sezzy

Sezzy Well-Known Member Registered

Fox poo once, hopefully never again, never smelt anything so disgusting! :eek::eek:
    Goose poo many times, yuk.

arealhuman and Violet Turner like this.
  10. Violet Turner

Violet Turner Well-Known Member Registered

:)

11. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Love your story, made me chuckle!
    As for my dog its fox poo, whenever she is off lead and finds some, gets it on herself and on her collar and harness! It's just the worst smell isn't it? I know a dog should be free to be a dog and do dog things and I hate to spoil her fun but if shes rolled in it she gets a bath as soon as we get home!!

12. Josie

Dennis knows he’s in big trouble when he rolls but there must be something inside of him that can’t resist!

Once he’s done the deed he won’t come anywhere near me! Every time I stop and turn round, he stops to a few meters away! :D

13. Jack-Russell-Lover

Jack-Russell-Lover Well-Known Member Registered

Awww bless him! :)

If I catch Rox when she's about to roll I always shout ''NOO!' but she always just goes ahead! Yeah there must be some irresistible urge they have.

arealhuman and Sezzy like this.
  14. Molly2015

Molly2015 New Member Registered

Just seen this .... When I lived in the Hebrides my dog rolled in a decomposing seal for ages while I ran towards him on a - very - long beach . Despite repeated baths he was stinky for a long time ........

15. Mayblossom

Mayblossom Active Member Registered

A dead seagull :confused: the smell was appalling and stayed for ages even though she was bathed :eek:

16. Molly2015

Molly2015 New Member Registered

Lol , must be something to do with the oily ness ..... Seal blubber smell really hangs around too

Sezzy likes this.
  17. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Oh yes, we had a dead bird somewhere - and we were away in the motorhome so it was like being in a tin can with a rotting carcass, no matter how much Herbal Essence baths he had!

18. leashedForLife

leashedForLife Well-Known Member Registered

a maggoty groundhog, who'd been ripening for 3 or 4 days in July. :holds nose:
    It was many, many years ago - I was in high school, Wolf was maybe 4-YO, & i still remember that stench. Uggh.

Sezzy likes this.
  19. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Haha Murphy isnt a roller , but Remy was and if he rolled in duck poo or fox poo or something dead..I would get most of it off with wet wipes but coming home in the car Benny would move as far away from Remy as possible and Remy being ever friendly would try to creep nearer and nearer until Benny would growl and Remy would slink off back to the corner.