The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whats Your Job??

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
tracy said:
I run my website - www.cupcakesdirect.com selling lovely things.And we are just about to start our new business of supporting rare breeds in Scotland.

7 Boreray sheep arriving soon.

Tracy x

cupcakesdirect.com has some fantastic stuff, but everything I like has sold out :(

Annie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working towards a Phd and writing a biography - not much money in either :(

I'm also 'Mum' to a husband, four all but grown up kids, three dachshunds, a whippet and, lately, my Mum and Dad.

Annie

I'm a Special needs Teaching Assistant in Secondary School working with a class of 15 pupils, love it should have done it years ago :)

Also an Irlens Screener and qualified to teach children with Dyslexia :thumbsup:

Hello, I worked for many years with racehorses and yearlings but for the last 9 years I have worked as a veterinary receptionist.

Thats where my love affair with sighthounds began when I took home a stray lurcher, since then I have had a greyhound x whippet and a ped whippet which is why I can't afford not to work at the vets with all the stitch up's etc.

Linda.

Occasional gravedigger/ coffin bearer, hedgelayer (when unlucky), but mainly I do building conservation/ elements of stonemasonry (not time served tho'), so as a trade, get to be treated with suspicion by many :( , robbed by a few :angry: and forever confronted by course/ internet experts who know my job better than I do :clown: .

On the upside, I like the job itself, and you see some amazing things from a top the scaffold. Working in villages means footpaths and lunchtime walks for fly too:D

Scientist .... Look for signs of early onset dementia in HIV and drug user brains (after they are dead). Also deal with forensic brains after sudden deaths.

Does that mean i'm not a people person?

kilmousk said:
Scientist .... Look for signs of early onset dementia in HIV and drug user brains (after they are dead). Also deal with forensic brains after sudden deaths. Does that mean i'm not a people person?

(w00t) LOL (w00t)

Well, i can't beat that ... I work in adult literacies

*Lesley* said:
Also an Irlens Screener
Oh I know one of those!

I did some work fairly recently with a young guy who had Irlens - I'd never heard of it before I met him - his support person is a screener

oh and a foster carer too ...thats harder work than work itself.

urchin said:
*Lesley* said:
Also an Irlens Screener

Oh I know one of those!

I did some work fairly recently with a young guy who had Irlens - I'd never heard of it before I met him - his support person is a screener

Most people have no clue what it is Urchin until they've been assessed and helped by one :lol:

kilmousk said:
Scientist .... Look for signs of early onset dementia in HIV and drug user brains (after they are dead). Also deal with forensic brains after sudden deaths. Does that mean i'm not a people person?

Nice (w00t) :blink: :x

You are deffo a people person IMO because without you doing that gory job we'd have no-one making scientific discoveries to help our living brains :)

Cheers for that :cheers:

I have done a variety of things over the years:

Worked in bank when I left school (a bit boring).

Worked for a vet for a number of years (lovely job - should have stayed there but not enough money at the time). :)

Worked as a secretary for the NHS.

Qualified as an Occupational Therapist as a mature student (great being back at college for 3 years aged 40+) and then worked as an OT for the NHS (very stressful). :sweating:

Left OT in 2000 when I needed more time and energy to look after my Mum, so did temp secretarial work.

Stopped work over 3 years ago when we decided to build a new house (never again :- " ).

OH is retired, but I am not retirement age yet :lol: so wonder if I should go back to work, but I do love being at home with the dogs. :huggles:

I was a veterinary nurse for ten years, then temped as a medical secretary while we set up our own family business running a marina and a restaurant. :thumbsup:

Since having the children I have done the business accounts from home, but am now also doing a degree in Acupuncture so that when I qualify I can do something really worth while. I am loving the course, but there is so much work, I find I can hardly come on here these days, and shows will be very few and far between! :( Still I always make sure I make time for Zephyr and the family :huggles:

I do admin work for a medical school. I quite like my job but am doing an OU degree in my 'spare' time as I've love to do something biology related eventually.

i left school and joined the gerry cottrell circus as one half of a trapeze act but due to a accident had to give it up and am now on tour with my own pack of performing hamsters with an extra sideline making wrought iron toasting forks and welly removers made out off horse shoes

masta said:
i left school and joined the gerry cottrell circus as one half of a trapeze act but due to a accident had to give it up and am now on tour with my own pack of performing hamsters with an extra sideline making wrought iron toasting forks and welly removers made out off horse shoes
There's always one :- "

masta said:

:lol: :lol: Can just imagine you in a leotard (w00t) :lol:

masta said:

:lol: Brilliant - any pics? :- "

jue332 said:
masta said:

:lol: :lol: Can just imagine you in a leotard (w00t) :lol:

i'm wearing a wig, but this was filmed prior to me and my partner taking to the trapeze in Barnsley it's my famous warm up exercise

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back