The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippet Dog Available For Rehoming

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I’m afraid Max coming back to us and will be up for rehoming to a suitable home once he’s been assessed. Max’s new home hasn’t worked out because the owners other dog is constantly wanting to attack Max and they have to be kept apart in separate rooms.

It’s not at all Max’s fault that he’s having to be rehomed as the two dogs got on very well on neutral ground but once he arrived at there home the problems arose. The current owners have only had him 12 days and the committee have agreed that he is to be assessed so we can do our very best to rehome him to the most suitable permanent home where he can stay for the rest of his days, he really does deserve that.

Max is a fawn brindle dog 16 months old and has been castrated (recently). He’s quite a large whippet standing at approx 23â€. I will report on his temperament etc when our fosterer has had time to assess him properly but as far as I am aware he has no serous issues apart from not liking to be left alone.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about Max or wish to offer Max a home then please contact our secretary TC via PM. All prospectus homes will be vetted by a member of our home checking team. Please feel free to contact us for any more information, I’m sure we can get some photo’s on of him as soon as he’s settled in to the foster home.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post

Oh dear poor Max, when we thought he'd finally found a home. Anyway good luck to him. :luck:

Awwwwwww poor Max,hope he finds a suitable home soon :luck: :luck:

What a shame it hasnt worked out for Max :( ...hes such a good looking lad, surely there is someone out there just right for him :huggles: :luck:

Poor Max, what a shame this didn't work out, and I bet the new owners were very disappointed too. :( Hope the right home turns up very soon :luck: :huggles:

poor Max, its a shame when things don't work out :(

hope he finds somewhere soon :luck:

Hi Mally,

We are looking for a whippet dog to be a companion to our bereaved whippet x Addie.

We would really appreciate some more details/photos of Max.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to get in touch other than via this thread - I think that I sent you a personal message, but forgot to include an email address, then found that I was not permitted to send you another pm.

Anyway, I would be grateful if you would email me at marc.hartley@virgin.net.

Many thanks.

:luck: Good luck to Max, how unlucky his new home didn't work out.

He deserves a great home with lots of love and attention :huggles:

I asked steve who is looking after Max to let me know how he's getting on.

here is his reply

I've now had Max for a week this coming Monday and since Max as been full of confidence and not shown any signs of been a nervous dog at all.

At the beginning of the week I tried to move his food bowl whilst he was eating to see if he showed any aggression infact it was quite the opposite he just looked at me with sorrowfull eyes as if to say "oh give it me back please I was enjoying that", he even let my own dog eat out of the same bowl at the same time as him which I think proves beyond all doubt that he's not got any aggression in him.

He's quite obedient by my standards which i think are quite high as I own and work a border collie cross.

I was a little bit worried when I took him for his first walk as when another dog approached he started to bark, but after walking up to the owner of the other dog (who I knew) it soon became apparent that Max was actually just excited to see it and wanted to play. As the weeks gone on the barking as almost stopped which I can only presume is because Max is now used to getting out and meeting other dogs, which I don't think has been the case in the past.

Max is fantastic around the house he's not shown any signs of wanting to chew anything up at all infact last night I tried him out of his cage and let him sleep with my other dog on his bed, needless to say they were both still laid together when I got up this morning.

To summarise Max I would say that he's a very loving, playful dog who like nothing better than to please his owner. I'm not very good with putting my thoughts into words but what I do know is that if my circumstances were different at the moment then I wouldn't have to, because I would be keeping him.

Heres a few pictures of the little lad enjoying his week

post-156-1182023291_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023342_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023369_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023429_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023516_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023568_thumb.jpg

post-156-1182023598_thumb.jpg

Please PM oldblueeye or Mally for anymore info on Max he's still waiting for a permanent loving home

Oh Steve, thank you for posting the latest news about Max. We have been talking and thinking about Max everyday this week, and he looks and sounds wonderful! He seems exactly the dog that we have been looking for. We would so much like to offer him a forever home, and our whippet/saluki Addie would so love a new companion. We are so looking forward to meeting Max, and have sent a pm to mally. Thanks again - what a lovely dog Max is!

Keeping my fingers crossed it works for you with Max, you are lucky hes such a smashing boy... :huggles: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
he looks a grand dog and I really hope it works out for him :luck:

:) hi have you managed to re-home max yet, he looks lovely, and deserves a forever home. :wub:

We have now had a home inspection, which was OK, and hopefully are going to see Max tomorrow, Wednesday, rain and floods permitting. Thanks for the well wishes, I'll let everyone here know how Addy and Max get on when they first meet.

i really hope everything goes well, max is a lovely little lad.goodluck :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back