The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whippets

neave

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone else's dog rub themselves in fox's pooh? i know its not a nice thing to post but after washing Keano on Sunday nite i took him for one of his walks on Monday only for him to come back to me covered in what smelt like fox dirt :rant: :rant: if only i had the camera :lol: :lol: . Just wandered if anyone else has experienced this sort of behaver in their whippets.

neave said:
Does anyone else's dog rub themselves in fox's pooh? i know its not a nice thing to post but after washing Keano on Sunday nite i took him for one of his walks on Monday only for him to come back to me covered in what smelt like fox dirt :rant:   :rant: if only i had the camera  :lol:   :lol: .  Just wandered if anyone else has experienced this sort of behaver in their whippets.
Every time we go out :lol: thank goodness she dont eat it

:cheers:

keith

i think all dogs would have a roll if possible,mine will roll in it if they find some and they just love rolling on worms and will chew them up a little then spit them out and roll some more,sheer heaven for them by looking at their faces :x i have 6 dogs so count yourself lucky :wacko:

(w00t) mine do it everytime we go out and eat anything they can grab even a rats tail :x

Yeah, Meg does this at the first opportunity...then usually tops the walk off with eating horse muck :x

Lovely... :blink:

P6061567.jpg

Tracey x

My girls do it when we go to the forest,then we have a half an hour car drive home

(which frankly is quite horrendous) :x :x It is all smeared in their collars,awful. Blue hasn't done it yet, he won't go near the girls when they smell like that :D

gypsy does it every time we go out, rabbit, sheep, cow poo on sunday she was rolling on a dead rat :x

:x :x yes lolly does it :x

grace doesnt :thumbsup:

My Mabel is the QUEEN of poo!! :x

She will also roll in anything dead she can find, including worms, hedgehogs and even a dead badger!! :x She ain't no lady :blink:

As well as rolling in disgusting stuff, she also dives into brambles etc and tears herself to shreds :oops:

So now she has a very attractive flourescent yellow canvas coat, which is easier to wash than having to bath her every time :thumbsup: She now looks like a council workman when she goes out for a walk! :- "

Liz and the Monellis

Oh yes, if we let Sidney out and don't either go and vet the garden or keep an eye on him when walking he comes back in all lagged in the stuff and then its mad panic trying to get him out and in the bath :x which always ends up being my job :rant:

My girls love to roll in fox poo and eating it too :x

I've found out today that the lavae of lung worm can be found in fox poo and therefore not good if dogs were to eat it as it usually take 4-6 months for the lavae to pass through the body at an alarming rate hitting the liver and the heart before settling in the lungs.

Lung worm is one things that they are treating Dippy for cos some of her symptoms are that of lung worm.

Lethargy, coughing, breathlessness for no reason and even worse upon exersize, weightloss, aneamia and dermatitus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im afraid the answer is yes from us too :clown: fox poo, horse poo, sheep poo, dead worms, vermin ...you name it.... :lol: weve rolled in it.. :clown:

the worst thing by far though was a dead fish when Oscar was about 8 months old - god did he stink.....straight to the bath tub with some lovely minty Dorwest shampoo :thumbsup: :)

Whippets do some strange things but that's way we love them :lol: :lol:

My Ziggy dosent smeer it on her neck, instead she does a forward roll over it and wears her 'crown' for the rest of the outing.

If they are really stinky try rubbing the juice from a tin of tomatoes into the offending patch (wearing gloves of course!), let it dry and then wash in the normal way - that's the age-old trick for skunk 'gunk' too.

All my 8 of them love doing it always when we miles from the house then some one comes to speek to you and the dogs smell then not only do you have to wash or bath them there collers shink and you end up with all over yourself

these four legged little people have a lot to answer for but we love them

Oh my lot do it frequently because we walk in foxy woods every day. Last week Pheonix COVERED himself in it - absolutely all over him :x I used handfuls of moss dipped in the puddles to get it off and then OH bathed him (Pheonix is registered as his and I refused to go near him!!! :lol: )

The worst one ever though was Zoomie, who is normally the world's cleanest dog, rolled in a large, fresh, soft dog-poo left by a Weimeramer that had just passed us. I can't describe the smell. He got it all over his coat, under his collar and all over his muzzle. It was the most utterly vile thing any of them have ever done and I was gagging as I used grass to wipe off the worst of it. :x :x :x I was nearly sick just clipping on his lead. I actually poured water over him wearing rubber gloves before I took him inside... straight to the bathroom for a bath. I soaked his coat and collar in a bucket of Flash before putting them in the washing machine. Unbelievably disgusting.

I just don't understand it because Zoomie NEVER rolls - that was his first time - and he hates getting dirty of any kind :blink: :blink: :(

LISTED IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE.

To Roll in...

1) Fox's poo

2) Horse's poo

3) Cow poo

4) Dunno who's poo but it sure looks like bad news.

5) Dead bird

6) Dead Godaloneknowswhat

7) Mud? ?? ???

To Dine on...

1) Fox's poo

2) Horse's poo

3) Cow poo

4) Dunno who's poo but it sure looks like bad news.

5) Dead bird

6) Dead Godaloneknowswhat

7) Rabbit poo (not worth rolling in it so may just as well eat it)

Finally... Best Sainsbury's mince served with rice + vegatables of the day and presented in a spotlessly clean gleaming stainless dogs bowl.

PhilX

kiskutya said:
If they are really stinky try rubbing the juice from a tin of tomatoes into the offending patch (wearing gloves of course!), let it dry and then wash in the normal way - that's the age-old trick for skunk 'gunk' too.

Reg, Murray & Stan are big fox poo fans - Archie prefers dead things! :x

Tomato ketchup works a treat. Get the worst off with fairy liquid, rinse that, then liberally apply ketchup and rub it in, Then shampoo that off with tea tree shampoo or something similar (or else they smell like McDonalds) I also put ketchup on their collars too. The acid in the sauce neutralises the pong. I know it sounds mad, but it does work! :blink:

Happy scrubbing,

Louise

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back