The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Whos Dogs Sleep Upstairs...??

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Mine have run of the house but generally gather round various beds.

Some will end in crates, some on sofas and others on their beds upstairs.

I dont encourage them to sleep on the beds, but they are allowed up for cuddles in the mornings.

Hi The two whippets and two Lurchers sleep downstairs in there own beds. Iv got a stairgate at the bottom of the stairs. What happens when you want to get your leg over :huggles: . do your dogs have to leave the bedroom and wait on the landing till you have finished. :lol: Pam

no my dog isnt aloud on the bed full stop reason being to much hair left behind but how weird am i :clown: he can get on the sofa my bed is the only place his barred from bless :thumbsup:

midlanderkeith said:
No closed doors here, so therefore sometimes Jill will sneek upstairs and jump on my bed, i dunna mind until she sneaks under the duvet and starts twitching and thrutching, ive been punced in the b***s many a time, but what i dunna like is when she starts to flatulate :lol:   ive got Ruth one one side of me doin it, n jill on tuther, so i end up sleeping on the damn settee                                :cheers:

Couldn't agree more about the flatulence Keith, :x Jesse usually sleeps in his

igloo bed on the floor in our bedroom, that's quite close enough, but when he

farts I still get woken up (w00t)

Does come up on the bed for a cuddle in the morning though, after hubby has

left for work :lol:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Gyspy sleeps in the kitchen in her bed at night, she does come up for a snuggle in the morning, but NOT under the covers :blink:

Mine sleep in their crate with 2 goose down double duvets!! Think they are more comfy than me. :lol:

They do come up for snuggles in bed every morning though. My OH leaves for work at 5.30 so they get to come in until I get up at 6.45. They do sometimes sleep upstairs at the weekend as a treat!! :oops:

Whippets4eva said:
midlanderkeith said:
No closed doors here, so therefore sometimes Jill will sneek upstairs and jump on my bed, i dunna mind until she sneaks under the duvet and starts twitching and thrutching, ive been punced in the b***s many a time, but what i dunna like is when she starts to flatulate :lol:   ive got Ruth one one side of me doin it, n jill on tuther, so i end up sleeping on the damn settee                                 :cheers:

Couldn't agree more about the flatulence Keith, :x Jesse usually sleeps in his

igloo bed on the floor in our bedroom, that's quite close enough, but when he

farts I still get woken up (w00t)

Does come up on the bed for a cuddle in the morning though, after hubby has

left for work :lol:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Well my lurher Willow sleeps in bedroom And the two whippets have got there own crates but in bedroom at mo . They love going under covers esp Turbo lying againt my legs . My own personal hot water bottle :thumbsup: And the puppies party downstairs . Little darlings !!!! o:)

little dana has always slept with myself and OH. it always amazes me just how much room a little jrt can take up lol.

i know what u mean about farting though keith dana was sleeping rapped around marks head one night, she did the worst fart ive ever smelt. it was that bad it got stuck to marks head! he ended up having to go and have a shower cos the smell was stuck to him lol

Jinny slept on top of me, under the duvet, from the first night and she never stirred :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: As she got bigger she moved onto other parts of the bed and now she takes up most of a 5' bed when she's stretched out (w00t)

I have two igloo beds upstairs and they have the run of the house too so these days they choose where to sleep - normally start off downstairs in their dog nappers and come upstairs at some stage during the night :thumbsup:

My lot sleep downstairs.....................mainly because i get up at 2.50 am for work plus there is 8 of them (w00t) (w00t)

My two sleep in thier own basket downstairs in the kitchen...when we had just peggy at 8wks she stayed downstairs in her bed on her own, she used to come up for a cuddle...but i dont like them upstairs but they would if they could they 'd be up there like a flash ..as peg not supposed to do stairs and my elder son and myself sufferes with hayfever so thats another reason not to

i know several owners whos dogs do sleep in their beds

im afraid my two share the bed even though they have 2 perfectly good beds of their own :b

both of ours sleep with Jade pepa under the covers and phoebe on top.in the morrning they both come for a cuddle with me.

when phoebe was ill she sleeped with us I had to lift her on the bed then back of in the morrning she wouldent let any body else do it. :- "

*Lesley* said:
Mine wouldnt want to, they love their own beds  -_-   :huggles:
They do sleep on our bed in the caravan though :thumbsup:

Mine too - the only time they get on our bed is in the caravan.

Only time they are allowed upstairs at home is when my daughter wont get up in a morning (which isn't very often) and then I send one of them up to pounce on her.

Deb

Yep im guilty of letting the girls sleep upstairs on whatever

bed they choose....they always both sleep in/on the same

one oddly enough, dont like to be apart :))

mine sleep in bed with us.its great in winter cos they snuggle down to the bottom of the bed and it keeps my feet warm!i love waking up to nuzzles and licks! :huggles:

Well I tried Jasper upstairs with us and it was all going great :thumbsup: , that is until he realised that the kids were easy to wake up at 5.00am when it was play time :rant: :rant:

Now he is banished to the downstairs and he sleeps on the sofa -_- , then when I get up he does the rounds waking the kids up and hubby. Best alarm clock in the world, he won't leave you alone until you get out of bed. (w00t)

Occasionally the odd one sleeps with us-

one also likes to come up in the morning for an hour or so-then gets up at lunchtime.

some are more fidgety than others-the big issue is SPACE.

I think folk are too bothered about germs etc...

a bit of muck/hair/dust never bothered anybody...eh?

I'm never ill......

(w00t)

famous last words eh? lol

I too saw the article-relating to sars wasn't it?

Karen

Pepa and Phoebe sleep with me in my double bed. Pepa sometimes sleeps under the covers and head on the pillow and phoebe likes to be onto at my legs. When my friends sleepover or i go somewhere mum&dad has them and in the morning they go for a cuddle with mum in there bed. Couldn't sleep without them :)

During the day mine is allowed on the beds and only in me and my sisters bed is she allowed under the covers. At night she has her own bed downstiars and she is really happy in this as she has never known staying in our beds over night. I don't think anyone would get a good nights sleep with her as she sometimes streches out and I think id be worried about her falling out the bed since I only have a single one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back