The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Yet Again We Are Fed Half Truth And Fantasy

hellbound

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
anyone wanting a copy of the mediation agreement e-mail me and i will send one out, that way you can read for yourself what was agreed,

most of the nnwrf committee have not seen this agreement and none of the members have been allowed to see what they have payed for THIS AGREEMENT WHY,

it looks like alot more money will be payed in court costs :eek: just because the chairperson and her sidekick want to keep this going,

why would the nnwrf want old test results ????? when they still have'nt worked-out our to read the results from test they sent to the H.F.L. if they sent any, ??? :- "

at the scottish derby it was announced over the tannoy that the nnwrf wanted everyone to know that all the tests sent off in Devon CAME BACK CLEAR, on there own web site this statement by linda broom,

three out of five of the samples taken at the N.N.W.R.F puppy/yearling championships were sent for screening results;

pennysworth clear

maizee mu clear

the 3rd sample was not screened due to leaking

but then we get the whippet news and all of a sudden as if by magic :eek: :oops: one of the tests sent now came back with

QUOTE possible presence of low level methylxanthines. As agreed with the HFL no confirmatorty analysis was performed.

summary;( Methylxanthines comes from chocolate) end QUOTE

SO LETS SEE WHAT'S FACT AND WHAT'S NOT IN THIS STATEMENT

FACT 1,

possible presence of low level

( did you all not pay an extra £10 on your membership this year ) so that if or when they worked-out our to read a test result and made a decision "sould we say anything or not" :sweating:

if a possible presence of anything was found then a break down test would be payed for, ( this would also determine the level of any substance found )

--- it would not say on the test result "low level" because the confirmatorty test was not carried out (so no level would be known untill a confirmatorty analysis was carried out )

FACT 2,

its up to the testing organization sending the test i.e the nnwrf to ask for the confirmatorty analysis to be performed ( the HFL do not tell you not to have this--- its more money for them :wacko: ) so why was it agreed with the HFL not to do this analysis

when you all pay an extra £10 just for that reason ?? :b

FACT 3.

summary ( methylxanthines comes from choclate ) end QUOTE,

so who told miss broom that methylxanthines comes from chocolate ??? :b or was this something she just made up like the statement in w-news, because its found in lots of thing and why they come under banned substance in dog racing

METHYLXANTHINES

A chemical group of drugs derived from xanthine (a purine derivative); members of the group include theophylline, caffeine, and theobromine.

Retrieved from "http://www.biology-online.org/dictionary/Methylxanthines"

Methylxanthines is the drug family of the following ... (listed alphabetically).

* Aminophylline

* Caffeine

* Dyphylline

* Enprofylline

* Oxtriphylline

Methylxanthines

For asthma, the most frequently administered methylxanthine is theophylline (1,3- dimethylxanthine). Other related compounds include theobromine and caffeine.

Mechanism of action

o cause bronchodilation by an action on the smooth muscles in the airways, most probably by acting as antagonists of adenosine receptors (adenosine causes bronchoconstriction and promotes the release of histamine from mast cells)

Methylxanthines affect a number of physiologic systems but they are most useful therapeutically in the treatment of asthma because they

o produce rapid relaxation of bronchial smooth muscle

o decrease histamine release in response to stimulation

o stimulate ciliary transport of mucus

o improve respiratory performance by improving the contractility of the diaphragm

METHYLXANTHINE EFFECTS

Caffeine:

Sources: Coffee, tea, cola nuts, mate, guarana.

Effects: Stimulant of central nervous system, cardiac muscle,

and respiratory system, diuretic Delays fatigue.

Theophylline:

Sources: Tea

Effects: Cariac stimulant, smooth muscle relaxant, diuretic,

vasodilator

Theobromine:

Sources: Cocoa bean (1.5-3%) Cola nuts and tea

Effects: Diuretic, smooth muscle relaxant, cardiac stimulant,

vasodilator.

The presence of the other alkaloids in colas and tea may explain

why these sometimes have a stronger kick than coffee. Colas, which

have lower caffeine contents than coffee are, reportedly, sometimes

more active. Tea seems the strongest for some. Coffee seems more

lasting for mental alertness and offers fewer jitters than the

others.

Info from Merck Index

Reference Variability in caffeine consumption from coffee and

tea: Possible significance for epidemiological studies by B.

Stavric, R. Klassen, B. Watkinson, K. Karpinski, R. Stapley, and

P. Fried in "foundations of chemical toxicology", Volume 26,

number 2, pp. 111-118, 1988 and an easy to read overview, Looking

for the Perfect Brew by S. Eisenberg, "science news", Volume 133,

April 16, 1988, pp. 252-253.

Quote from the lab manual:

Caffeine is present in tea leaves and in coffee to the

extent of about 4%. Tea also contains two other

alkaloids, theobromine and theophylline. These last two

relax the smooth muscles where caffeine stimulates the

heart and respiratory systems.

The effects of theobromine are, compared to caffeine and

theophylline, relatively moderate. However, cocoa contains eight

times more theophylline than caffeine. As well, caffeine has been

shown to combine with other substances for added potency. Thus

the effects of theobromine might be enhanced by the caffeine in

chocolate.

On humans caffeine acts particularly on the brain and skeletal

muscles while theophylline targets heart, bronchia, and kidneys.

Theobromine is highly toxic to dogs and kills many canids/year

via chocolate poisoning. It takes quite a dose to reach fatal

levels (more than 200 mg/kg bodyweight). Reference: Fraser,

Clarence M.,et al, eds. The Merck Veterinary Manual, 7th

ed. Rahway, NJ: Merck & Co., Inc. 1991. pp. 1643-44.

it seem your summary was wrong like everything you write or say,

maybe members should be asking why you took £10 extra this year,???? and why have you not let anyone see the test result'S YOU SENT

before asking to see any other organization's results :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the NNWRF work on a workable level NOT ZERO (which proved to be unworkable) We the NNWRF Committee and HLF have worked together to come up with reasonable levels because our dogs are whippets (most been house dog pets) not greyhound

Please stop your shit stirring and trouble causing -_-

As for the batsons test i personally think you witch hunted them out this sport, (zero tolerance and all that )

yawn,yawn,yawn ZZzzzzzzzz getting a bit fed up of this. -_- -_- -_-

Not often i agree with what John Gill has to say ---

but today i must agree hes spot on with his reply---i am sure many others feel the same way---

we are sick of listening to all the shite!!!!!and reading it on here!!!!!!!!!

yawn,yawn,yawn ZZzzzzzzzz getting a bit fed up of this. sleeping. -_- sleeping. -_- sleeping. -_-

Steve Boyd

If this is going through the court's should this be printed on here? :blink:

I thought this was all over and done with? obviously I was wrong! :eek:

Should we not ALL be striving towards making whippet racing a better hobby/sport? :- "

This will never be a better sport til these **** stirrers are either kicked out or pack in. They are lucky to be still a part of the BWRA, after what they have done. They have brought the sport into disrepute, & it will never be the same till they either stop stirring the **** or just go away. -_-

johnnoble said:
This will never be a better sport til these **** stirrers are either kicked out or pack in.  They are lucky to be still a part of the BWRA, after what they have done.  They have brought the sport into disrepute, &  it will never be the same till they either stop stirring the **** or just go away. -_-

YOU MUST BE REFFING TO SOME MEMBERS OF THE NNWRF COMMITTEE, AND I DO AGREE :thumbsup: SO WHEN ARE YOU GOING :thumbsup:

best of ignoring them john most members know what they are :- "seem pretty desperate for someone who said they would never want to race with the new fed (w00t) just not happy unless there. or her :- " is causing trouble her obsession with testing caused all this to start with :( this is the last replyi will ever give to her in k9 -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

DENISE BAILEY said:
Because the NNWRF work on a workable level NOT ZERO (which proved to be unworkable) We the NNWRF Committee and HLF have worked together to come up with reasonable levels because our dogs are whippets (most been house dog pets) not greyhound
Please stop your shit stirring and trouble causing  -_-

As for the batsons test i personally think you witch hunted them out this sport, (zero tolerance and all that )

can't wait to read your answer to this post,, :D

IF LIKE YOU SAY "WE THE NNWRF COMMITTEE AND THE H.F.L HAVE WORKED TOGETHER TO COME UP WITH REASONABLE LEVELS"

WHY WOULD THEY SEND YOU THE RESULT BACK WITH ( POSSIBLE PRESENCE )

IF IT WAS BELOW WHAT YOU AGREED WITH THE H.F.L, THEN THE RESULT SHOULD HAVE COME BACK CLEAR, ( LIKE YOU TOLD EVERYONE AT THE SCOTTISH DERBY AND ON YOUR WEB SITE )

UNLESS YOUR NOW SAYING IT WASN'T LOW LEVELS, ( which it would not say on the result anyway )

THEN WHY DID YOU NOT DO WHAT YOU TOOK THE £10 OF MEMBERS FOR AND HAVE A COMFIRMATORY ANALYSIS CARRIED OUT :wacko:

this is going to be interesting :oops:

So you can't answer my last post, :b sticks and stones :p

well wait untill your leader (chairperson ) tells you what to say and then lets see if you can come up with a answer between you :oops:

as an outsider and have no bias for either side i think

i should phone jerry springer think its a great laugh would send the ratings through the roof on the tv. :lol: :lol: :lol:

you would know more about drugs than most seeing how you gave a positive test :oops: forgot I'm not replying anymore to Laural and hardy :oops:didn't mean to insult the memory of two great comedians

how simply awful to think that dog owners would stoop to this level all in the name of glory ! i took my kids to chomndley castle at the weekend and to be hones those lurchers that won races are just non tatood greyhounds the small one in particular. what do the owners gain from this when in actual fact the opposition are only "real" lurchers ! as for doping and squirting dogs with drugs to improve performance..thats just dispicable !

Sorry to deviate...

but do you think the H.F.L will have any batteries I could re-cycle?

Karen :clown:

hello there curly! I am curious as to what exactly you mean by the statment you made

the opposition are only "real" lurchers ! as for doping and squirting dogs with drugs to improve performance..thats just dispicable ! unquote

squirting dogs with drugs????? please tell us all what this means?

JoJess said:
hello there curly! I am curious as to what exactly you mean by the statment you made Quote

the opposition are only "real" lurchers ! as for doping and squirting dogs with drugs to improve performance..thats just dispicable ! unquote

ive been told these dogs are atleasyt 85% greyhound. thats from a man at the weekend at that country fair. lurchers..hardly! and seems steroids are not just for body builders either. have to admit the mans partner denys this happens but he laughed his head off at her

I am surprised that no one has written an answer to this post! I personally have never ever given my whippets steroids or any other substance to enhance their performance, one should never judge a book (band of people) by it's cover (or what other people say) always ask the whippeteers curly! steroids cause terrible side effects not only on man but also on animals!

"You take your dog to the vet with a skin infection. Your vet gives your dog a steroid injection. The skin infection clears up. Later, you discover your dog has kidney disease. Is there a clear connection between the steroid injection and your dog's diseased kidneys? You don't know. But we do know that steroids are known to damage kidneys. We also know, from the drug manufacturers' own data sheets, that steroids can cause liver damage, brittle bones, diabetes, adrenal insufficiency, an inability to deal with stress, and damage to the immune system." Catherine O'Driscoll

off topic I know so back to the topic concerned.

We the members elected a committee to act on our behalf and also run the organisation for us the members, as far as I and all the other members are aware

they are doing a grand job of running the organisation - we the members are very thankfull that these people have put themselves out to do this for us at a cost to themselves. WE salute the chairperson and the rest of the committee on doing a thankless job.

I have no problem with the old committee of the NWRF so do not want to call anyone especially on here.

curlywurly86 said:
JoJess said:
hello there curly! I am curious as to what exactly you mean by the statment you made Quote

ive been told these dogs are atleasyt 85% greyhound. thats from a man at the weekend at that country fair. lurchers..hardly! and seems steroids are not just for body builders either. have to admit the mans partner denys this happens but he laughed his head off at her

Theres alot of greyhound blood been breed into our none ped whippets now, i always thought that at lurcher shows / racing that different categories are used...

You might be surprised what lengths some people will go to to win with there dogs.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back