The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Young Blue Whippet Bitch With Broken Leg

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
there's a nice looking fawn and white lurcher bitch at Dundalk pound, release date 11 Feb.

I don't know anything about her temperament or size; if she is whippet sized she is very like a whippet (but most lurchers are a bit larger). She has somewhat large ears, maybe saluki in the mix?

posted at http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index....c=68908&hl=

I believe you have to join the group to see the photos

Please contact the following if you can offer rescue, foster, financial help:

Ann (086) 8237208 or Roisin (087) 6361349

or email us at dundalkdogrescueATyahoo.co.uk

This bitch is relatively fortunate in being brought to Dundalk pound as these volunteers do their best to find rescue places for as many of the dogs as they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just caught up with this thread and can't believe Mabel was PTS in this day and age . She was gorgeous and obviously very young you would think that having her PTS would have been an extremely last resort . I am in tears here for that beautiful girl who was robbed of her life . She could have had 15 years or so of happy life :(

Like Hula, I came upon this thread late (and we were all too late)

doesn anyone know how the pup got hurt; her leg doesn't look broken in the photo?

also, I don't remember whether it said in the messages, was she put down before the statutory 5 days due to the injury and resulting aggression?

We can't do anything for her now, but if we are going to write any letters of complaint we should know the facts as well as possible.

btw, there's a roughhaired lurcher (and other nice dogs of other types, some appear purebred) at Craigavon co Armagh pound, release date today, if anyone near there is reading this and wants to do something. You can get the dog out very cheaply, but then of course you have to take care of it indefinitely.

Like Hula, I came upon this thread late (and we were all too late)doesn anyone know how the pup got hurt; her leg doesn't look broken in the photo?

also, I don't remember whether it said in the messages, was she put down before the statutory 5 days due to the injury and resulting aggression?

We can't do anything for her now, but if we are going to write any letters of complaint we should know the facts as well as possible.

btw, there's a roughhaired lurcher (and other nice dogs of other types, some appear purebred) at Craigavon co Armagh pound, release date today, if anyone near there is reading this and wants to do something. You can get the dog out very cheaply, but then of course you have to take care of it indefinitely.

you do know this thread is over a year old, dont you? :unsure: :blink:

Like Hula, I came upon this thread late (and we were all too late)doesn anyone know how the pup got hurt; her leg doesn't look broken in the photo?

you do know this thread is over a year old, dont you? :unsure: :blink:
Yes, this occurred about a year ago. A number of us wrote letters (someone kindly worded one that we copied I recall). I did get a reply, but not much help for poor little Mabel. It was so very sad that she was never given a chance :rant: , in spite of a number of people willing to help her. :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back