The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Wow! You've done really well Griff - congratulations! :thumbsup:

Where's the pics?????????

[SIZE=14pt]Big Huge[/SIZE] [SIZE=21pt]Congrat's[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]Griff [/SIZE] :cheers:

Terrrrrrrific Day, I would say.

Cristina

Thanks Cristina, it's nice to do well under the International and the Interstate Judges.

Has anyone heard what happened at Top Dog in BrisVegas .... or don't I need to ask?

Here you go Lana a pic of Molly at the show on the weekend !

Thanks Cartman - finally got the news via email this morning as well.

YAY for FREDDIE - I really like that dog.

Well done to Trevor and Montana as well - he will be very pleased I'm sure.

Congrat's to all your success Griff :cheers: you're on a roll :thumbsup:

Had shows at the weekend, just waiting on the piccy from the photo guy, young Brie picked up another RCC & won the All Breeds Puppy Stakes :D

Not bad for the chuck out of the litter :blink:

Young Kate won the 8 - 11yr old YKC handling stakes :wub: I felt a bit for her, all these kids are decked out in flash suits & she had a pair of 3/4 pants & nice top on with runners, suitably dressed for a kid I thought, but tis hard when the others turn up in gold shoes & tailor made suits - oh well, guess the handling got her there :sweating:

And congrat's to Trevor & the beautiful Montana :cheers:

Had the pleasure of blasting around the ring with her in June when we popped over to Aussie, she is a wee mover & groover & deserved of her win - also had the chance to see Freddy in the flesh - WHAT A DUDE OF A DOG :thumbsup:

Well done , Nice pup

But can I just ask you Aussies why most of you stand your whippets with their hocks slanting backwards ? :wacko: Surely they should be verical . Not only does it look uncomfortable for the dogs but it also makes there topline fall away too

Ive put a couple of pics on ,the red dog is how they should be IMO and the other looks uncomfortable ,I realise its taken from an angle which dosnt help ,

The puppy for me has her hocks sloping too far backwards , but then it is a baby pup :wub:

I dont know who either of the dogs are ,There are some who slope more than this one too but I cant be bothered to troll through pages and pages :- " ; :eek: and No the red ISNT mine ;)

Just an English observation that I have spoken about with other english K9ers . :huggles: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Griff, Fergus and Molly... Way to go,

Great pic of Molly, looking very nice

Thanks Jax and yes some do pull the back legs out too far 8) 8) and normaly I would have the hocks vertical, but this little girl leans forward if you stack her square. When she gets older we will fix this problem. Thanks for the feed back :thumbsup: and a great topic that you could start" The best way to stack a dog" because there may be a few new and old show people that could do with a lesson. :D

JAX said:
Well done , Nice pup
But can I just ask you Aussies why most of you stand your whippets with their hocks slanting backwards ?  :wacko:   Surely they should be verical . Not only does it look uncomfortable for the dogs but it also makes there topline fall away too

Ive put a couple of pics on ,the red dog is how they should be IMO and the other looks uncomfortable ,I realise its taken from an angle which dosnt help ,

The puppy for me has her hocks sloping too far backwards , but then it is a baby pup  :wub:

I dont know who either of the dogs are ,There are some who slope more than this one too but I cant be bothered to troll through  pages and pages  :- " ; :eek: and  No the red ISNT mine  ;)

Just an English observation that I have spoken about with other english K9ers .  :huggles:   :cheers:

Jax Thank you for the example. This is a pet hate of mine and you see some handler stacking there dogs this way to get some form of topline that the dog doesn't have, but the worst part is some judges seem to over look this fault and put the dogs up far to often. Rag Dog :oops:

rag dog said:
This is a pet hate of mine and you see some handler stacking there dogs this way to get some form of topline that the dog doesn't have, but the worst part is some judges seem to over look this fault and put the dogs up far to often.  Rag Dog :oops:

I hate that too, but have you considered the possibility that these dogs just do not have the correct angulation to start with? Of-course, the judges should know better. But then again maybe it has something to do with the ”should cover lot of ground” in our standard. Could we lobby to have it either removed or rephrased??? Maybe something like “covering lot of ground when the front legs and hind legs from hock down, are perpendicular to the ground”?

I used to watch a friend standing his dog in the opposite way ,with his feet under him. I tried to show him later, but it just was not possible, the dog was sickle hocked and nothing I did could help it.

I have noticed this with the hocks. I think it is because the dog has its bum too high or little turn of stifel. They think by streching the dog out it will fix the problem. But it will show up again when the dog is on the move. :- "

I dont often make a comment on a point of dogs or how they are handled. But this was one I would not let go. :cheers:

:oops: I did not realised Jax was referring to Griff's pup on previous page, my comment was in general. :b I did wonder why she called the brindle backside a "baby" :lol:

I would not judge a baby puppy from a photo :)

Cartman said:
I have noticed this with the hocks. I think it is because the dog has its bum too high or little turn of stifel. They think by streching the dog out it will fix the problem. But it will show up again when the dog is on the move. :- "
I dont often make a comment on a point of dogs or how they are handled. But this was one I would not let go. :cheers:

What do you do when that have a smacked in ass top line, there's no hiding that on the stack or move :- " perhaps a baby may grow into it's body. :thumbsup:

Seraphina said:
:oops:   I did not realised Jax was referring to Griff's pup on previous page, my comment was in general.  :b I did wonder why she called the brindle backside a "baby"  :lol:
I would not judge a baby puppy from a photo :)

It wasnt by any means a dig at Griffs pup , :oops: thankfully he realised that :huggles: Id been meaning to mention it for some time and just seeing that pup reminded me .

I wouldnt judge ANY dog from a photo , You cant see its movement from a piccy can you . I mean how many times when judging or at the ringside , do you see a dog that looks so well constructed for it to `fall apart ` the minute it moves :(

I remember years ago, a Swedish judge commented from a judging appointment she had had in Australia that she was nonplussed by the way many dogs were stacked - with their hind legs stretched out far behind them and then the croup pushed down. I must say I have also seen this in some show photos from Australia. I find it hard to believe it is because all Australian dogs have the same faults that need to be "hidden" - and in any case, both ringside and judges look right through such overt "tricks" very soon.

JAX said:
It wasnt by any means a dig at Griffs pup , :oops: thankfully he realised that  :huggles:   Id been meaning to mention it for some time and just seeing that pup reminded me .

I do not think anybody took it that way :) , but i thought people may take my comment as a critisism of the pup :b , when they, unlike myself, read your post properly :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back