The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2006 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Having just cropped, renamed and put into order, pictures of every dog at our recent Sydney specialty, :wacko: I can only say that there were dogs stacked too far back, others under themselves and not pulled back, a variety of toplines and head positions. I think it's fair to say that this occurs at any large gathering of the breed. :- "

As Griff pointed out, some dogs stand into themselves with all their weight on their front whereas others post back. I have to say though that I've found when any dog is built right (conformation, muscles, the whole shebang), they tend to stand pretty well by themselves and don't need lots of adjusting. :thumbsup: Pity these dogs are so far and few between.

As for pulling hocks too far back, I tend to agree with Seraphina that handlers believe this gives the appearance of standing over ground, but as we all know, the covering of ground should come from the back and not just the hindquarters.

Interesting topic.

JAX said:
Well done , Nice pup
But can I just ask you Aussies why most of you stand your whippets with their hocks slanting backwards ?  :wacko:   Surely they should be verical . Not only does it look uncomfortable for the dogs but it also makes there topline fall away too

Ive put a couple of pics on ,the red dog is how they should be IMO and the other looks uncomfortable ,I realise its taken from an angle which dosnt help ,

The puppy for me has her hocks sloping too far backwards , but then it is a baby pup  :wub:

I dont know who either of the dogs are ,There are some who slope more than this one too but I cant be bothered to troll through  pages and pages  :- " ; :eek: and  No the red ISNT mine  ;)

Just an English observation that I have spoken about with other english K9ers .  :huggles:   :cheers:

G'Day Jax

Of course the hocks should be vertical and the dog should stand easily behind and weight bear over the whole pad. When you stand behind a Whippet and can see the pads of the hind feet because the dog is so stretched that it is standing on its toenails ;) .... the handler is trying to hide or create something.

What irritates me is when you have a Whippet that has length and stands easily behind, showing turn of stifle and usually with a great second thigh... the judge comes and places the hind feet underneath the belly, creating an image of the dog being sickle hocked.

Having had Basset Hounds for 30+ years I think I have seen most of the tricks one can do with hindlegs.... great tools for creating a level topline in that breed.

Just my humble opinion

Thats quite correct at what you say Chakarata , :cheers:

Theres more than one whippet being shown where the owner pulls the hocks out to make it the topline better , but unfortunatly the poor dog isnt comfortable and continues to try to stand square , thus annoying said owners :- " This is where a good judge will spot whats going on , but not all do im afraid :oops:

Hound Club of Vic , not sure of the judge as it changed on the day.[SIZE=14pt]Parnew Foreign Image (Rio)[/SIZE] :cheers: Best Baby Puppy In Show :cheers: at his first show. A special Thanks to Sue D and Heather for showing him for us o:)

We are very happy with this litter from Viv's Barney as Rio is the third pup from the litter to win a Baby In Show. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any other results for the Hound club?? I was stuck at the English Springer Show at the Showgrounds because I'm on committee so couldn't enter!! :angry:

elmaro said:
Do we have any other results for the Hound club??  I was stuck at the English Springer Show at the Showgrounds because I'm on committee so couldn't enter!!  :angry:

Dog cc bob nz gr ch devine by public opinion

Res cc ru bob gr ch taejaan moulnrouge

Bitch cc peperone love of gold

Res bitch cc taejaan mira image (i think)

Judge was someone from argentina ( we did well geting the bitch cc) but thought the judgeing was like throwing a dart at a dart board,dont know why we keep getting canadian ,american and south american judges for whippets .

Angus said:
Judge was someone from argentina ( we did well geting the bitch cc) but thought the judgeing was like throwing a dart at a dart board,dont know why we keep getting canadian ,american and south american judges for whippets .
Hey John, heard the same comment from exhibitors in other Hound breeds! I did hear if you were in Open and at the top of the line, odds were you went through.

Guess I was smart staying home. :p Hope you have better luck today.

Cheers

Ridgesetter said:
Angus said:
Hey John, heard the same comment from exhibitors in other Hound breeds! I did hear if you were in Open and at the top of the line, odds were you went through.

Cheers

Did not enter sunbury shows 2 american judges,would not go if they were judgeing out my back door never mind traveling to sunbury :oops:

Different standard and to political. :angry:

LIVERPOOL ABKC

Saturday 4/11/06

Judge: Ms S Brackman (NSW)

BEST IN GROUP / BOB / BITCH CC

Eng & Ire Ch Barnsemore Gypsy Girl (Imp UK) (Jones/Rigg/O’Neill)

RUBOB /DOG CC / MINOR IN GROUP

Shalywyn Irish Dawn (IID) Jones/Rigg/O’Neill

RESERVE BITCH

Ridgesetter Etain (Comerford)

RESERVE DOG Open of Breed

Calahorra Old Bailey (Calahorra Knls / Quinn)

BABY IN SHOW :D / BABY IN GROUP

Ridgesetter Hope N Glory (IID) (Comerford)

There were a few others entered but I don’t have a catalogue so am not sure of correct placings. Above are the main awards.

COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND

Sunday 5/11/06

Judge: Miss B Warman (New Zealand)

BABY DOG

1. Ridgesetter Postmark USA (IID) (Comerford & Scott)

JUNIOR DOG / RESERVE DOG

1. Martinique Silver Sheik (Doherty & Crowlty)

2. Statuesque Expostfacto (Argowan Stud & Pieterse)

CHALLENGE DOG / INTERMEDIATE DOG

1. Ch Skyeway Jack Daniels (Curran)

AUST BRED DOG

Absent

OPEN DOG

1. Calahorra Old Bailey (Calahorra Knls & Quinn)

BABY PUPPY BITCH / BABY IN GROUP

1. Ridgesetter Hope N Glory (IID) (Comerford

MINOR PUPPY BITCH / MINOR IN GROUP

1. Ridgesetter Etain (Comerford)

PUPPY BITCH

1. Martinique Silver Sixpnce (Doherty & Crowley)

2. Shenkhan Gotchawatchme At Calivale (Santas)

3. Calahorra Gt Xpectations (Ritchie & Willingham)

JUNIOR BITCH

1. Martinique My Jackaranda (Yardley)

2. Calahorra Apricot Pie (Ritchie & Willingham)

INTERMEDIATE BITCH

1. Skyeway Paris Hilton (Curran)

AUST BRED BITCH

1. Statuesque White Orchid (Pieterse)

OPEN BITCH / BOB / RUNNER UP BEST IN GROUP

1. Ch Bonnymead Alice Bluegown (Comerford)

RUNNER-UP BEST OF BREED

2. Ch Skyeway Bellykissangel (Curran)

Cheers

Does anyone have the results for Vic Womens which was on yesterday??

-/*

Ridgesetter said:
LIVERPOOL ABKCSaturday 4/11/06

Judge:  Ms S Brackman  (NSW)

BEST IN GROUP / BOB / BITCH CC

Eng & Ire Ch Barnsemore Gypsy Girl (Imp UK)  (Jones/Rigg/O’Neill)

RUBOB /DOG CC / MINOR IN GROUP

Shalywyn Irish Dawn (IID)    Jones/Rigg/O’Neill

RESERVE BITCH

Ridgesetter Etain  (Comerford)

RESERVE DOG Open of Breed

Calahorra Old Bailey    (Calahorra Knls / Quinn)

BABY IN SHOW  :D   / BABY IN GROUP

Ridgesetter Hope N Glory (IID)  (Comerford)

There were a few others entered but I don’t have a catalogue so am not sure of correct placings.  Above are the main awards.

COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND

Sunday 5/11/06

Judge:  Miss B Warman  (New Zealand)

BABY DOG

1.  Ridgesetter Postmark USA (IID)  (Comerford & Scott)

JUNIOR DOG / RESERVE DOG

1.  Martinique Silver Sheik  (Doherty & Crowlty)

2.  Statuesque Expostfacto  (Argowan Stud & Pieterse)

CHALLENGE DOG / INTERMEDIATE DOG

1.  Ch Skyeway Jack Daniels  (Curran)

AUST BRED DOG

Absent

OPEN DOG

1.  Calahorra Old Bailey  (Calahorra Knls & Quinn)

BABY PUPPY BITCH / BABY IN GROUP

1.  Ridgesetter Hope N Glory (IID)  (Comerford

MINOR PUPPY BITCH / MINOR IN GROUP

1.  Ridgesetter Etain  (Comerford)

PUPPY BITCH

1.  Martinique Silver Sixpnce  (Doherty & Crowley)

2.  Shenkhan Gotchawatchme At Calivale  (Santas)

3.  Calahorra Gt Xpectations  (Ritchie & Willingham)

JUNIOR BITCH

1.  Martinique My Jackaranda  (Yardley)

2.  Calahorra Apricot Pie  (Ritchie & Willingham)

INTERMEDIATE BITCH

1.  Skyeway Paris Hilton  (Curran) 

AUST BRED BITCH

1.  Statuesque White Orchid  (Pieterse)

OPEN BITCH / BOB / RUNNER UP BEST IN GROUP

1.  Ch Bonnymead Alice Bluegown  (Comerford)

RUNNER-UP BEST OF BREED

2.  Ch Skyeway Bellykissangel  (Curran)

Cheers

Hi Toni

Just a point of detail

All the Skyeway Whippets that I showed at the County of Cumberland were entered in the name of J & A Gunn as always

ie

Ch Skyeway Jack Daniels

Skyeway Paris Hilton

Ch Skyeway Bellykissangel

thanks for posting the results and Congratulations to Alice.... a well deserved win

AMC

Angus said:
Ridgesetter said:
Angus said:

Cheers

Did not enter sunbury shows 2 american judges,would not go if they were judgeing out my back door never mind traveling to sunbury :oops:

Different standard and to political. :angry:

We seemed to have had a bout of Canadian's & I think we had the Argentinian too - hhmmm... if your Argentinian was the same as what we had in NZ (I'm pretty sure it was!) he was a scary character - didn't do hounds, but he did very odd things with the gundogs - I won't complain, won a CC with a young pointer bitch, but some of our big guns & their gorgeous dogs were sent home packing without even a RCC :(

I have the luxury of having a black pigment & a dilute that are litter mates, you can bet your bottom dollar that the black pigment does well under the canadian's & the dilutes go straight to the back of the line :angry: It does make ya cross specially when our standard does not call for the black pigment & eyes & then you hear the judges saying that they can't go past the blackies :angry: JMO

parnew said:
Hound Club of Vic , not sure of the judge as it changed on the day.[SIZE=14pt]Parnew Foreign Image (Rio)[/SIZE]  :cheers: Best Baby Puppy In Show  :cheers: at his first show. A special Thanks to Sue D and Heather for showing him for us  o:)

We are very happy with this litter from Viv's Barney as Rio is the third pup from the litter to win a Baby In Show. :D   :D

Congrat's on Rio's win :cheers: He looks a pro :thumbsup:

chakrata said:
Hi ToniJust a point of detail

All the Skyeway Whippets that I showed at the County of Cumberland were entered in the name of J & A Gunn as always

ie

Ch Skyeway Jack Daniels

Skyeway Paris Hilton

Ch Skyeway Bellykissangel

AMC

I know Anne-Marie. :oops: My apologies but I have a tendency to associate who a dog lives with and who shows it rather than the 'official' name on the papers. If someone asks me who won, I say Anne-Marie's Kelly etc.

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention! :D

And thanks for the congrats. Kelly is tough to beat.

[SIZE=14pt]Whippet Association of Victoria Open Show[/SIZE] 19/11/06

Judge Mr Peter Griffiths

Best In Show & Best Bitch Windyle Irish Lullaby

R/U Best In Show & Best Dog Nabihah Still the One

Res Dog Nabihah Numero Oono

Res Bitch Lojai Harpie Lady

Baby In Show Illicium Chimay Grande

Opp Baby Puppy Illicium Lowenbrau

Minor Puppy In Show as R/U in Show

Opp Minor Puppy Parnew Irish Mist

Puppy In Show Rowenbrae Balindee

Opp Puppy Leisor Kichiro

Junior In Show as BIS

Opp Junior as Res Dog

Intermediate In Show as Res Bitch

Opp Intermediate Leisor Just Ask Him

Open In Show Leisor Royal Prince

Champion In Show Ch Martinique Bally Baroque

Neutered In Show Ch Sarsanet Summertime

[SIZE=8pt]result edited by chelynah on behalf of Seraphina[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations To Every one who had a good day Especially Mimi And her Owners Ray & David and also to Griff & The Parnew Gang. ( Sorry If I Have Missed any Others Barney Babies,)

shenace said:
parnew said:
Hound Club of Vic , not sure of the judge as it changed on the day.[SIZE=14pt]Parnew Foreign Image (Rio)[/SIZE]   :cheers: Best Baby Puppy In Show  :cheers: at his first show. A special Thanks to Sue D and Heather for showing him for us  o:)

We are very happy with this litter from Viv's Barney as Rio is the third pup from the litter to win a Baby In Show. :D   :D

Congrat's on Rio's win :cheers: He looks a pro :thumbsup:

FYI K9'ers PARNEW FOREIGN IMAGE (RIO) Baby Puppy In Group @ Garden State Champ Show (KCC Park Cranbourne) with Heather his handler. Way to go Rio.

:cheers: :cheers:

Congrat's to all the winners :cheers:

Glad to see some results - I was worried this thread had been lost seeing as the postings have been really quiet :(

We only have one more show for us this weekend & that is our lot until our whippet national in January where we have an English judge gracing our shores.

shenace said:
Glad to see some results - I was worried this thread had been lost seeing as the postings have been really quiet  :(

Yes I was starting to wonder where everyone had gone to :eek:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back