The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2007 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Saturday 27/09/07

Judge: Mrs J Gotch

Puppy Dog:

Mychaka Inthe Limelight – Fornasier

State Bred Dog:

Ch Aslan That’s Amore – McCrindle ResChal

Open Dog:

Ch Shenace Inya Dreams Chal and BOB

Junior Bitch:

Kassdalee Devil Woman – Philp/Oakes

State Bred Bitch:

Mychaka Rythmn N Blues – Fornasier Res Chal

Aust Bred Bitch:

Ch Aslan Chanson D’Amour – McCrindle Chal and RUBOB

Sunday 28/09/07

Judge: Mrs A Spanwick

Puppy Dog:

Mychaka Inthe Limelight – Fornasier [SIZE=14pt]Puppy In Group[/SIZE] Yoooohoooo

State Bred Dog:

Ch Aslan That’s Amore – McCrindle ResChal and RUBOB

Open Dog:

Ch Shenace Inya Dreams Chal and BOB and [SIZE=14pt]Reserve in Group[/SIZE] Yahhhhoooo (bloody Afghan) :) open was the Afghan

Junior Bitch:

Kassdalee Devil Woman – Philp/Oakes

State Bred Bitch:

Mychaka Rythmn N Blues – Fornasier Res Chal

Aust Bred Bitch:

Ch Aslan Chanson D’Amour – McCrindle Chal – I think she also got Aust Bred in Group but because Lana told me I had to type up the results this time I'm not sure. :D

[SIZE=21pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] to the winners at the Nationals in NZ - Ronndal Kennels certainly making it's mark - a little bit extra congrat's :thumbsup: to Lynda and Cartman

Cristina

Oops knew I'd get something wrong the dates of the show were 29th and 30th :b

Also forgot to mention that Lana's Sibe - Reba received Best In Group on the Sunday as well. I was jealous of her purple trophy until Steelie got one of his own. :D

Cristina

LOL - I told Cristina she had to type up the results 'cos she was the winner .... yeah Aime did get ABIG.

Yay Steelie Wonder! :cheers: He looked really good.

Yay Miss Reba Fluffy Butt - she was so well behaved.

Mmm purple trophies :wub:

Congratulations Jackie and Harriet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Lana you forgot to tell everyone that your :wub: purple trophy is going to be your trinket to hang from the rear vision mirror of your new purple van :D :D

Will be really hard NOT to see you coming down the highway soon. :p

Looks like we going to have a wet Zone 3 Top Dog final weekend - hope the grounds don't get too muddy, will be a big change from the dust and heat we had on the weekend just gone.

Cristina

Hello all,

I have not posted for a long time, but have been showing Jasper (Ch Skyeway Jack Sparrow) with increasing success as he matures at almost 3 years of age. He now has 40 CC's. Stopped showing Harriet (Ronndal Ever After at Beesholme) after a super puppy year to try and get CC's for her sister Scuba (Ronndal Elfennoir at Beesholme), now on 5 with 3 to go and a litter (hopefully!) due end November. Brought Harriet out for the National Dog Show and many thanks to Wayward Angel for posting the very exciting results. She showed like an angel which was a benefit of having been left at home for 6 months! Scuba was Junior of Breed.

Yes Katrina Harriet is certainly to be re-named The Bridesmaid: reserve BIS to Scuba at Hound Club show (judge Anne Marie Curran), reserve BIS to their mum at Whippet National (judge Pauline Oliver - UK), and now reserve BIS to a lovely beardie at our National show (entry 1480).

There are to be National Show photos at Supashotz.com shortly.

Joy is never complete, is it. My darling old Biddy (Ch Beesholme Bamboo) fell ill on Friday and was gently laid to rest the day before yesterday at 12 years and 9 months old. Greatly missed. Her Ducky and blanky on the couch undisturbed by the others. It never gets easier.

Jackie Howell

Beesholme Whippets (and a GSD)

Good Luck to Cristina and Amigo for this weekends Zone 3 Puppy of the year finals!!! I'll be on the sideline cheering you guys on as well as having few drinks... See you all there!!!

Barkis said:
Hello all,
I have not posted for a long time, but have been showing Jasper (Ch Skyeway Jack Sparrow) with increasing success as he matures at almost 3 years of age. He now has 40 CC's. Stopped showing Harriet (Ronndal Ever After at Beesholme) after a super puppy year to try and get CC's for her sister Scuba (Ronndal Elfennoir at Beesholme), now on 5 with 3 to go and a litter (hopefully!) due end November. Brought Harriet out for the National Dog Show and many thanks to Wayward Angel for posting the very exciting results. She showed like an angel which was a benefit of having been left at home for 6 months! Scuba was Junior of Breed.

Yes Katrina Harriet is certainly to be re-named The Bridesmaid: reserve BIS to Scuba at Hound Club show (judge Anne Marie Curran), reserve BIS to their mum at Whippet National (judge Pauline Oliver - UK), and now reserve BIS to a lovely beardie at our National show (entry 1480).

There are to be National Show photos at Supashotz.com shortly.

Joy is never complete, is it. My darling old Biddy (Ch Beesholme Bamboo) fell ill on Friday and was gently laid to rest the day before yesterday at 12 years and 9 months old. Greatly missed. Her Ducky and blanky on the couch undisturbed by the others. It never gets easier.

Jackie Howell

Beesholme Whippets (and a GSD)

Sorry to hear about "Biddy". Always hard to let go of them. :(

40 CC'S hey thats great. :) BTW, it was his litter sister that went BIS at Melbourne Whippet Club & handled by Anne-Marie Curran. :cheers:

Very sorry for your loss Jackie. I'm sure there's lots to celebrate about her life with you though.

I'll be showing Micky, the Griffon Bruxellois, at the Zone 3 Top Dog Final on Friday night so, Cass, be listening for the Micky song as I go round with him :b :lol:

I've cooked the liver, I've got my suit pressed and I'm having my hair done tomorrow at noon. All for a date with a little whiskery mate ..... and it's not my husband! (w00t) :wacko:

I'll be showing Micky, the Griffon Bruxellois, at the Zone 3 Top Dog Final on Friday night so, Cass, be listening for the Micky song as I go round with him :b :lol:

I've cooked the liver, I've got my suit pressed and I'm having my hair done tomorrow at noon. All for a date with a little whiskery mate ..... and it's not my husband! (w00t) :wacko:

That's right i forgot about little micky.. go micky!!! Don't you worry i will be cheering him on... any group 1 or group 4 i'll be cheering... See you tonight!!

Congrat's to all the winners & grinners (w00t) :D

Finally caught up with the backload of life after going away for a week, why is it that if you go away from work for 4 days it takes you 4mths to catch up? :blink:

Anyhow...

Way to go Steelie wonder & Amigo..... Watch ya back Steelie :sweating: the kid is coming thru :huggles:

We had an awesome Nationals coming home with a couple of Baby of Groups with Sage - Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace - this wee doll has already demanded the hearts of many, heaven help you if you dare ignore her, she will vocalise her existance, nibble on your shoes, clothes, other dogs ears, the ring.... she is a devil in disguise :wub: She was best baby of breed at all 3 shows :thumbsup:

Young Kate showed Holly (a Nevedith Rare Rogue granddaughter) & picked up a RCC and a puppy of group :teehee:

However..... the most exciting thrill was when she won the YKC 8 - 11yr handling final :wub: This was judge by a lady from Norway, it was nail biting stuff as I had kinda picked out the 3 that I thought would be placed.... 3rd placing announced - great, then a total spin came - 2nd placing was announced & it was someone I hadn't placed :eek: - talk about break into a bunch of nerves, I had 2 place getters with one spot :sweating: Nothing sweeter than hearing the daughters name & number get called out. This is the 2nd year in a row Kate has won this age group, no mean feat I tell you - there are a number of exceptionally great up n coming young handlers - nice to have that tucked under her belt.

So we are now home & gettn ready to roll up the other end of the country tomorrow :D Great to see the only 2 whippets that went thru group at the Nat's were K9'ers - yeee haaaaaaaaa (w00t)

Congrat's Jackie again on your awesome win with Harriet - she looked FANTASTIC :thumbsup:

[SIZE=8pt]Congratulations[/SIZE] Lynda and especially to Kate on her fantastic win in handlers age group :D - you'll have to post some pic's

We had our Zone 3 finals night on Friday night in Proserpine, sad to say Amigo only got through to the second round of eliminations, Puppy of the Year for Zone 3 was a Pug and runner up was a Sheltie (the sheltie knocked Amigo off in round 2 so don't feel so bad). Dog of the Year went to a Siberian and runner up was a Skye Terrier - handled by Kirsty who is a whippet owner so in a round about way there is a whippy person there. :p

The grounds were beautifully presented and I think most people enjoyed the night especially some who sported slight hangovers the next day.

Amigo received a [SIZE=14pt]Puppy in Group[/SIZE] on the Saturday night which was fantastic since he was enjoying the cool night air and played up in the challenge line up although he was placed 3rd but guess it wasn't all his fault as it didn't help with someone running up his backside when we all went around for dog challenge - it's a shame when dirty tactic's come into play. A couple of other things went on which put a damper on the night but I was over it by the next day. :p

Sunday saw group 4 taken out by a Rhodesian Ridgeback owned by Sherrie Clark which saw Wendle receive his final points for his Grand Championship, so the response from the crowd was loud. (meant I didn't have to take him for shows the following weekend for Sherrie) but the best was yet to come when the judge awarded him Best In Show - the cheers were deafing, it was one of those beautiful moments in showing. :) Needless to say we had a lovely trip home.

Cassie who is Whipless at the moment :( did well with her Chinese Chrested's :D and I think Lana enjoyed a reserved challenge with her Sibe.

The running of the weekend was a credit to the hard working committee and workers who sometimes get forgotten. Also to those that ran the canteen that endeavoured to do their best throughout the weekend of keeping up the food and drinks to so many people. Well done.

All the best to those travelling down to Brisbane in a few weeks to compete in Puppy of the Year and Dog of the Year finals.

Cristina

Yep - I did enjoy a RC on Sunday with Miss Reba Fluffy Butt - it was hard fought for having two other bitches being placed in front of her for the final go-round for CC (one of them being her daughter!) but she won the RC and I was well pleased with that.

Shane ruined my 'karma' with Micky for Top Dog because he won the Top Puppy handling the Pug and Micky (Shane's dog!) got booted out in the first round :blink: 3 votes to the Border Collie - none for Micky. We were losers :( but we had fun anyhow. :lol: Mick also enjoyed the coolness of the evening and really showed well.

The Zone 3 Dog of the Year committee and Proserpine Kennel Club members did a fantastic job of decorating the ring for the event, the smooth running of the evening and the swift clean-up and get-ready for the show the next day - great effort - I was extremely impressed and am going to send a letter of congratulations and thanks to them. I hope they get the gig again next year because they really have set a precedent. Spectators really got into the celebratory fun spirit of the event - one table of people adorned with Sombreros - and another sporting glittery feathered masks and brightly coloured afro wigs.

Only two more weekends of shows for us in the Mackay region before it's all over for the summer months - it's already almost too hot to show and it's only October!

Almost forgot to say - well done Lynda, Sage, Kate and Holly! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Sounds like Zone 3 week-end was a good show. :D

Breakfast menu was not to my liking tho. :( Hot toung & cold shoulder. :- "

:D :- "

I don't know about that Cartman, I had a lovely breakfast both days but then I was early for mine :)

Cristina

Way to go Amigo with your POG (w00t) Yep, only being beaten by the runner up for puppy of the year aint bad :cheers:

Heee heeee..... how come you got a hot tongue n cold shoulder breakfast Cartman??? Did you misbehave :blink:

Lovely weekend away at Kerikeri - was very hot for us, about 22 degree's :blink: Anyway, Madam Brie won BOB & Runner Up Best Of Group under Cathy Camac & Miss Sage went all the way thru to Best Baby In Show :wub: Piccy's will follow when the dear ol secretary gets em downloaded & sent, not the fastest creature in the world - but nonetheless, they will follow :p

Was a lovely weekend away without the family :eek: Went off with a girlfriend, very relaxing but did require many panadol the next day (w00t) Another thrill was Brie's brother picked up another CC with his novice owners :thumbsup: the cheers from the ringside was so fantastic, it is great to see people encouraging the newbies :thumbsup: I had to nearly slap them after they kept apologising for beating Brie :wub: like I care, still a Shenace getting the CC :teehee:

shenace said:
Heee heeee..... how come you got a hot tongue n cold shoulder breakfast Cartman???  Did you misbehave :blink: Not Cartman - he's a good boy!  (w00t)

Lovely weekend away at Kerikeri - was very hot for us, about 22 degree's  :blink:  

Aaaw - bewdiful!

Brie won BOB & Runner Up Best Of Group & Miss Sage went all the way thru to Best Baby In Show :wub:  

Woo-hoo!

Another thrill was Brie's brother picked up another CC with his novice owners :thumbsup:   the cheers from the ringside was so fantastic, it is great to see people encouraging the newbies :thumbsup:   I had to nearly slap them after they kept apologising for beating Brie  :wub:   like I care, still a Shenace getting the CC :teehee:

Isn't it great watching a dog you've bred have a win - even when you're competing against them?  I've not been lucky enough to sell to many show homes but when I have, and they have won, I have found it to be a huge thrill.

Huge Congratulations to Jenny Johnson and Darcy (Gr Ch Taejaan One Step Closer), father of my Dino, Aime and Cara, for winning BEST IN SHOW at the ACT Hound Show (117 entries). Photo included but the quality is poor, sorry. Will try to get a better one.

aslan said:
Huge Congratulations to Jenny Johnson and Darcy (Gr Ch Taejaan One Step Closer), father of my Dino, Aime and Cara, for winning BEST IN SHOW at the ACT Hound Show (117 entries).  Photo included but the quality is poor, sorry. Will try to get a better one.
WOW...... :cheers: [SIZE=14pt]Huge Congratulations!! [/SIZE] :cheers:

A closer pic would be nice Lana! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
How's this one? Probably still small ... and he was quite a bit younger here.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back