The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Oz & Nz Show Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
shenace said:
Mychaka said:
For Cassie who's having a little trouble of getting Tilly's photo on K9
She is BEAUTIFUL :wub: Congrat's on your wins with Tilly, I can see why she is doing so well :cheers:

Thanks everyone on your comments on miss Tilly. Am very happy with her and so proud of her....

A lovely puppy Cassie- good luck with her when she gets to play with the big boys and girls :cheers: Thanks for the pic!!

gajo said:
A lovely puppy Cassie- good luck with her when she gets to play with the big boys and girls :cheers:   Thanks for the pic!!
Thanks Gary, I think we will have some fun next year... How's your puppy going? any recent pics of him?

Cass

A reminder to all you Aussies that I'm processing entries for the Whippet Club Show in Sydney for Thursday, 20 November at 7pm.

The show is being held in conjunction with the Spring Fair 3 shows with international judges, and although I always find it a tiring weekend, the opportunity to show under 4 internationals in 4 days is exciting.

If you haven't entered, and can't find or haven't seen the schedules, email me privately and I'll send you a copy. (You can still get into Spring Fair.)

So far, it's only us NSW and Qlders who have entered and the Qlder's are bringing down and some new dogs for us to have a bo peep at. :- "

Hope to see you at the show.

Anyone know the result of Qld Top Dog and Puppy of Year contest yet - or have I got my weekends mixed up.

Cristina

Just got a PM from Cassie that Whippet Oakway Party Trix got Puppy - owned by Vicki Shaw, bred by Jill Marks.

Josh (Weimaraner) and Charlie (Sibe - Reba's daughter for those of you on here who were aware of my husky) got knocked out in the first round. :( Tayla dropped her coat the week before the comp :(

Hey Cassie, Cristina & Lana (and maybe Gago???)

We have shows here this weekend & have Australian visitors staying with my gundog friends, they have Irish Setters & also 2 whippets from Pat Adams, Margaret & Miranda, lovely people - their Itish "Haka" gained his NZ GR CH Title this weekend :cheers:

Anyway, shattered with the wind, rain & every element that god could send, so only a quicky coz I need to unpack the car, do some washing & be at the show grounds early tomorrow :wacko:

Sagey picked up CC # 5 today & Open of Group - 3 more to go for her Ch Title :thumbsup: Miss Mya won her class of 6 in puppy bitch. Plus Miss Sage won 3rd in the Imported Stakes today.

Yesterday we had our whippet club champ show - very pleased that young Sage got a run for the bitch CC - only 3 bitches were run & both ended up BIS & RIBS... AUST/NZ Dachlah Silver Fern ended up BIS & Gr Ch Ronndal Elven Song RBIS - Sagey was JIS - a great result as the strongest classes were junior :thumbsup:

aslan said:
Just got a PM from Cassie that Whippet Oakway Party Trix got Puppy - owned by Vicki Shaw, bred by Jill Marks.
Josh (Weimaraner) and Charlie (Sibe - Reba's daughter for those of you on here who were aware of my husky) got knocked out in the first round.  :(    Tayla dropped her coat the week before the comp  :(

Thanks Lana for posting as i was too busy this morning to do it. Further news for QLD Puppy of the Year amd QLD Dog of the Year. Judges were: Ted Pickering (NSW) Barbara Hyde (NZ) Pauline Suhr (NSW) and GS Whitfield (NZ)

Puppy of the Year winner was whippet as you know

Runner up Puppy of the Year winner was Rottie Gelderland Equal Justice (King/Scells)

Dog of the Year winner was Saluki Grand Champion Ahmadi Highway Man owned by Ian Rasmussen

Runner up Dog of the Year winner was Kerry Blue Terrier Ch Olizure Leika Pint owned by Pauline Oliphants

It seemed the judges really liked the hounds....

I am really sorry that Tayla dropped her cat before the big event....

Last edited by a moderator:
shenace said:
Hey Cassie, Cristina & Lana (and maybe Gago???) 
We have shows here this weekend & have Australian visitors staying with my gundog friends, they have Irish Setters & also 2 whippets from Pat Adams,  Margaret & Miranda, lovely people - their Itish "Haka" gained his NZ GR CH Title this weekend :cheers:

Anyway, shattered with the wind, rain & every element that god could send, so only a quicky coz I need to unpack the car, do some washing & be at the show grounds early tomorrow :wacko:

Sagey picked up CC # 5 today & Open of Group - 3 more to go for her Ch Title :thumbsup:   Miss Mya won her class of 6 in puppy bitch.  Plus Miss Sage won 3rd in the Imported Stakes today.

Yesterday we had our whippet club champ show - very pleased that young Sage got a run for the bitch CC - only 3 bitches were run & both ended up BIS & RIBS... AUST/NZ Dachlah Silver Fern ended up BIS & Gr Ch Ronndal Elven Song RBIS - Sagey was JIS - a great result as the strongest classes were junior :thumbsup:

Well done on your results... Yes I know Margie and Miranda, very nice ladies... Miranda sometimes shows my Tilly if i get stuck at a show as i have group 1 dogs (chinese cresteds) as well....  Well done to Margie, Miranda, Haka and all involved in getting Hakas grand championship.

Hi Lynda,

Say hi to Margaret & Miranda and give them my congrat's too. Yes very lovely people, their two whippets are out of Rommie who I co-owned with Pat. Tell Margaret to put one of those lovely dogs of yours in her suitcase to bring back to Oz. :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]Congrat's[/SIZE] to you too with [SIZE=14pt]Sage[/SIZE] - won't be long till you pop that bottle to celebrate. :cheers:

Take care.

Cristina

Sagey picked up her 6th CC today, she is really kickn into her straps, but Dotti beat us for Open of Breed as RCC in the boys was Oliver (aka...oliphant....) some random name beginning with Will..... Anyway, dog CC & Bitch CC were the same as yesterday & the dog going BOB both days :cheers:

shenace said:
Sagey picked up her 6th CC today, she is really kickn into her straps, but Dotti beat us for Open of Breed as RCC  in the boys was Oliver (aka...oliphant....) some random name beginning with Will.....    Anyway, dog CC & Bitch CC were the same as yesterday & the dog going BOB both days :cheers:

2 to go :cheers: Which dog won the BOB's? & who were the Judges?

Results for Auckland LKA 26/27 October

Day 1

Hound Judge: Jane Treiber (USA) Entries: 28

DCC, BOB & NZOB: Shenkhan Majical Music Man (S. Chase/M. Powley)

RDCC & POB: Highlife Prime Suspect (P. Edbrooke/S. Pearson)

BCC, ROB & OOB: Skyeway Want Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

RDCC & IOB: Arjuna Amore Di Vita (E. & S. Clarke)

JOB: Ronndal Goodlokin (P. Hunt)

BOG & NZOG: Shenkhan Majical Music Man (S. Chase/M. Powley)

OOG: Skyeway Want Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

Day 2

Hound Judge: Gloria Geringer (USA) Entries: 28

DCC, BOB & NZOB: Shenkhan Majical Music Man (S. Martel/M. Powley)

RDCC, ROB & OOB: Willingwisp Twist `N' Shout For Arjuna (E. & S. Clarke

BCC: Skyeway Want Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

RBCC & POB: Ronndal I Hear Music (E. Ekstam)

JOB: Relko Blue Moon (K. Orlando-Reep)

IOB: CH. Ronndal Elnen Song (E. Ekstam)

NZOG: Shenkhan Majical Music Man (S. Martel/M. Powley)

Results for THE WHIPPET CLUB INC (NZ) CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW – 25 October 2008

Judge: Mrs. Dale Spear (New Zealand) Entries: 42

DCC: CH. Saramar Sweet Perfection (D. Pullman)

RDCC: Kana-Ka Read Th' Bar Code (S. Rolfe)

BCC: Aust. NZ. CH. Dachlah Silver Fern (J. E. Newton-Williams)

RBCC: GR. CH. Ronndal Elvin Song (E. Ekstam)

Best in Show: Aust. NZ. CH. Dachlah Silver Fern (J. E. Newton-Williams)

Reserve Best in Show: GR. CH. Ronndal Elvin Song (E. Ekstam)

Baby Puppy in Show: Ronndal Jam Session (E. Ekstam)

Minor Puppy in Show: Kana-ka Read the' Bar Code (S. Rolfe)

Puppy in Show: Ronndal I Hear Music (E. Ekstam)

Junior in Show: Skeway Want Back At Shenace (Imp-Aust) (L. Watson)

Intermediate in Show: GR. CH. Ronndal Elvin Song (E. Ekstam)

N.Z Breed in Show: CH. Saramar Sweet Elle May (D. Pullman)

Veteran in Show CH. Ronndal Words To Music (E. Ekstam)

Open in Show: Aust. NZ. CH. Dachlah Silver Fern (J. E. Newton-Williams)

Breeder of Best in Show: Daines, Hoy, Ore & Griffiths

Breeders Trophy: Ronndal

Wee Sagey is Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace (Imp Aust)

Great copy & pasting though Libby, I was seriously impressed that you had put the results posting up.... particularly considering the amount of Hardy's Chardy's that had been consumed throughout the weekend (w00t) :blink: I think we need a few weekends off to recover before we all get together again.... those supermarkets will be joining NZKC so they can see when local shows are - their stock piling efforts were a bit strained with the wild whippet people this weekend :lol: On the other hand, don't want to loose that staying power, so practice makes perfect (w00t) (w00t)

See ya on ya birthday weekend.... the BIG countdown is on :- "

shenace said:
Wee Sagey is Skyeway Want Ya Back At Shenace (Imp Aust)
Great copy & pasting though Libby, I was seriously impressed that you had put the results posting up.... particularly considering the amount of Hardy's Chardy's that had been consumed throughout the weekend (w00t)   :blink:     I think we need a few weekends off to recover before we all get together again.... those supermarkets will be joining NZKC so they can see when local shows are - their stock piling efforts were a bit strained with the wild whippet people this weekend :lol:   On the other hand, don't want to loose that staying power, so practice makes perfect (w00t)   (w00t)

See ya on ya birthday weekend.... the BIG countdown is on :- "

Yeah , when I read it back I realised Sagey's 'Ya' was missing ..... also 'Diva' got the RDogCC , poor girl... (w00t) (w00t)

Too knackered to start editing at 3am ......

Looking forward to the Whippet Club .... PARTY !! :cheers: :cheers:

This weekend at Maryborough Kennel Club ....

Saturday - Mr K McMillan

Intermediate Dog

[SIZE=14pt]Irewa Tuxedo Lad[/SIZE] (Gilnockie Ace of Spades (Imp UK) x Ch Aslan My Cherie Amour) bred, owned and handled by my parents went ...

CC, BOB and [SIZE=14pt]BEST IN GROUP[/SIZE]

making him a [SIZE=21pt]new AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION[/SIZE]

(Cash's first Champion progeny)

Baby Bitch

Grau So Chic (Hatfield)

Minor Bitch

Aslan Petticoat Junction MPIG 1st in Puppy S'stakes (W&I McCrindle)

Intermediate Bitch

Calahorra Nellgwynne RC (O'Neill/Faulkner)

State Bred Bitch

Phoenway Rose Tattoo CC RUBOB (Tassan)

Sunday - Mrs A Collyer (Breed) Mr K McMillan (Gen Sp)

Intermediate Dog

(Ch) Irewa Tuxedo Lad CC (W&I McCrindle)

Baby Bitch

Grau So Chic (Hatfield)

Minor Bitch

Aslan Petticoat Junction RC MPIG [SIZE=14pt]MINOR IN SHOW[/SIZE] (W&I McCrindle)

Intermediate Bitch

Calahorra Nellgwynne (O'Neill/Faulkner)

State Bred Bitch

Phoenway Rose Tattoo CC BOB [SIZE=14pt]RIG[/SIZE] (Tassan)

This is the only pic I have of Laddie grown up - from June this year.

aslan said:
This weekend at Maryborough Kennel Club ....
Saturday - Mr K McMillan

Intermediate Dog

[SIZE=14pt]Irewa Tuxedo Lad[/SIZE] (Gilnockie Ace of Spades (Imp UK) x Ch Aslan My Cherie Amour) bred, owned and handled by my parents went ...

CC, BOB and [SIZE=14pt]BEST IN GROUP[/SIZE]

making him a [SIZE=21pt]new AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION[/SIZE]

(Cash's first Champion progeny)

Baby Bitch

Grau So Chic  (Hatfield)

Minor Bitch

Aslan Petticoat Junction MPIG 1st in Puppy S'stakes (W&I McCrindle)

Intermediate Bitch

Calahorra Nellgwynne RC (O'Neill/Faulkner)

State Bred Bitch

Phoenway Rose Tattoo CC RUBOB  (Tassan)

Sunday - Mrs A Collyer (Breed) Mr K McMillan (Gen Sp)

Intermediate Dog

(Ch) Irewa Tuxedo Lad CC (W&I McCrindle)

Baby Bitch

Grau So Chic  (Hatfield)

Minor Bitch

Aslan Petticoat Junction RC MPIG [SIZE=14pt]MINOR IN SHOW[/SIZE] (W&I McCrindle)

Intermediate Bitch

Calahorra Nellgwynne  (O'Neill/Faulkner)

State Bred Bitch

Phoenway Rose Tattoo CC BOB [SIZE=14pt]RIG[/SIZE]  (Tassan)

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt] WHOO HOO WELL DONE LANA & CO[/SIZE] :cheers:

It's great to hear of the new title, BIG and Minor In Show, huge congrats.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back