The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Abandoned And Left To Die

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a wonderful job you are doing with Dilly and her pups :thumbsup: How lovely they are and she is just lush.

They were boarded up in there with no food or water! She could not have got in there by herself. You can see by the state of her she was not just left there for a night or two without anything to eat or drink! Sorry Seraphina but this was an act of abandonment.

None of us knows what has happened. As we have not seen the barn it is not possible to be sure there was not some small gap she could have gotten in. Sometimes a loose board or sheet of metal can easily be pushed one way, to get in but not the other way to get out again. Or it is possible that somebody boarded it up not realizing she was in there.

Why would this nasty owner not try to flog her for few hundred pounds if he could not be bothered whelping her? In any case even if the pups are not purebred Whippets he would probably get something for them in a pet shop.
That's it then, why did'nt everyone else think of that, she wonders across a field finds a barn, moves a board or a sheet of metal to get in then has her babies. Or boarded up with no one realizing she was in there. Total Rubbish.

She was left to starve by some demented sad excuse for a human being.

What exellent news that she and her pups are doing well.

i like you! :thumbsup:

She is beautiful and does have the most amazing eyes :wub: , Its hard running a rescue for whippets because you want to keep them all :p If I had a big house with some land, probably none of them would get homed and they would end up staying with me! :rolleyes: Will keep doing the lottery :lol:

She is beautiful and does have the most amazing eyes :wub: , Its hard running a rescue for whippets because you want to keep them all :p If I had a big house with some land, probably none of them would get homed and they would end up staying with me! :rolleyes: Will keep doing the lottery :lol:
That would be my problem, I wouldn't want to let any of them go, you are doing an amazing job. :thumbsup:

:luck: With the lottery win! I'll keep trying too!

Cant help but keep coming back at a look at those beautiful little faces, especially mam's :wub: :wub:

Cant wait to see some more soon. :thumbsup:

Oh, she is beautiful! What lovely pups too. Might she be shipped to the UK at some point then..? there is extra whippet-sized space on my sofa... ;) I'm sure she won't be waiting very long for a forever home!

If I had a big house with some land, probably none of them would get homed and they would end up staying with me! :rolleyes: Will keep doing the lottery :lol:
Mmm, that'd be my dream ... to own a field with a house attached. I would love not just to walk my dogs, but to tip them into my own field where they could run to their hearts' content. Must keep going with the lottery too! ;)

I have offered her a home but i think they are giving people in Ireland a chance first she is so lovely and she would look good in the middle of my two Black Whippets lol.

If ever there was a picture to illustrate that a whippet's eyes are the windows to their soul then the picture of Dilly with her puppies says it all. I would gladly give her a forever sofa.

Jenny

I too would offer her a comfy sofa and all the love she could take but I know from a previous post that I am too far away from the rescues in England that Whippet Rescue Ireland work with :(

I hope that she finds a lovely home with whoever is lucky enough to get her.

Ah look at you all falling in love with her :teehee: If you met her, you would run away with her ;) . If she does leave Ireland she will most likely go to Jersey but we will have to wait and see. Looks like Sidney may be on his way over there too but not 100 % sure just yet.

Ah look at you all falling in love with her :teehee: If you met her, you would run away with her ;) . If she does leave Ireland she will most likely go to Jersey but we will have to wait and see. Looks like Sidney may be on his way over there too but not 100 % sure just yet.

Why Jersey ? why not to Derby with me and my girls ?

Sadly you only have to look at a few of the Irish rescue sites to see the reality for some dogs there, especially sighthounds and collies who are seen as working dogs and not suitable for pets and are often 'got rid of' in the most appalling ways :(
Of course the same things happen in England and of course there are many true dog lovers and people working very hard in rescue in Ireland, but animal cruelty does seem more prevalent in some areas there. The poor old greyhounds really don't stand a chance, there are something like 20,000 a year bred for racing in Ireland and very few homes for ex-racers, some come to England for rehoming, I hate to think what happens to the rest.

Dilly is totally beautiful and someone will be very lucky to have this girl. Her pups are gorgeous and look really plump and healthy too, I'm sure they will find lovely homes (but it's mum that has my heart :wub: ).
This is the reason I'm glad I race my whippets in a sport that has no betting or prize money. Too many cold hearted people only interested in making money whatever the cost is to animals. I'd say professional dog racing should be banned but it would just be driven underground with even less regulation than it has now.

Sadly you only have to look at a few of the Irish rescue sites to see the reality for some dogs there, especially sighthounds and collies who are seen as working dogs and not suitable for pets and are often 'got rid of' in the most appalling ways :(
Of course the same things happen in England and of course there are many true dog lovers and people working very hard in rescue in Ireland, but animal cruelty does seem more prevalent in some areas there. The poor old greyhounds really don't stand a chance, there are something like 20,000 a year bred for racing in Ireland and very few homes for ex-racers, some come to England for rehoming, I hate to think what happens to the rest.

Dilly is totally beautiful and someone will be very lucky to have this girl. Her pups are gorgeous and look really plump and healthy too, I'm sure they will find lovely homes (but it's mum that has my heart :wub: ).
This is the reason I'm glad I race my whippets in a sport that has no betting or prize money. Too many cold hearted people only interested in making money whatever the cost is to animals. I'd say professional dog racing should be banned but it would just be driven underground with even less regulation than it has now.
That is so true, one only has to look at the plight of many ex-racehorses, even though they have a higher monetary value than greyhounds, many end up neglected and abused when they can no longer race. There's no such thing as a poor Bookie though is there? (at least I've never come across one!). No before anybody shoots me down in flames for this I am not anti-racing, I was brought up with NH horses and Point to Pointers, but there should be some way of making those who have benefitted financially, accountable for the welfare of their animals when their racing careers end. A dream and unrealistic maybe, I just wish there was some way of making it happen. :(

I do wish Dilly could come to Northumberland though, but wish her, her pups and Sidney all the :luck: :luck: in the world.

As there are so many offers of homes from K9's why wouldn't the lovely Dilly be sent to England where you know she will have a lovely home and you would be able to follow her progress via this site?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back