The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bedlington X Whippet Puppies?

Hi, new to this forum after contacting, Dorset lurcher Racing, ( Jen who was very helpful )Hope to attend next meet on 13th December, at Shaftesbury, to meet everyone.

I lost my whippet cross of 16 years last month and am already looking for another dog.

I would be interested if anyone knows where I can find, preferably, a btch, 1st cross bedlington x whippet puppy?

...and would they agree that this is a better choice than a pure beddy?

This was my previous bitch:

jod1.jpg

Hi

I know of a litter of 1st x beddy whippets due soon. Mother black whippet, father blue beddy. The breeder is Damon Davies from Bridgenorth in Shropshire, he is very well known on the lurcher showing circuit. He will advertise them in the countrymans when their ready!. I have a wonderful beddy greyhound bred by him.

Hi

I know of a litter of 1st x beddy whippets due soon. Mother black whippet, father blue beddy. The breeder is Damon Davies from Bridgenorth in Shropshire, he is very well known on the lurcher showing circuit. He will advertise them in the countrymans when their ready!. I have a wonderful beddy greyhound bred by him.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I'm sorted, hopefully, with a litter due in Jan, from Devon.

Just a waiting game now. I feel like an expectant father, and I've had nout to do with it!

al :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I'm sorted, hopefully, with a litter due in Jan, from Devon.

Just a waiting game now. I feel like an expectant father, and I've had nout to do with it!

al :thumbsup:

Ooh how exciting!!! Good luck with it all. Who in Devon is it that you are getting the pup from?

Sooo.... Has there been a happy arrival in Devon yet? :teehee:

lol hes got 8 girlys to choose from :sweating: :sweating:
Hi devonmaid

This going to be tricky what with this being my first post on the board.

I am a regular over at lurcherlink if you want to see my posts there to check my sincerity(same username).

I have a 9 month old 1st cross beddy whippet and I'm looking for a bitch playmate for her.

I was wondering if there were any of the girlies needing a good home??

I live in SW Cornwall and little Fennel would love to have someone to look after during the times I have to work.

I would understand entirely if all the pups are gone as they are such an amenable cross. I would also understand if you wanted nothing to do with someone who just appeared on the forum asking for a dog. I love my dog and she gets the best of everything, including 4000 acres of sand dunes to run and chase rabbits in (w00t)

Anyhoo, thanks for your time

Mat

all the puppies are now spoken for ,thanks for the interest sounds a lovely home

Finally got my pup, and very happy indeed . Looks like its going to be a great dog.

Thanx to Devonmaid who bought up a great litter of 9 pups and was extremely helpful right from the beginning even with me being fussy and impatient!

Here she is, Named 'Tilly'

(or 'Tilda', short for Matilda) the bedlington X whippet lurcher pup.

It would be cool if anyone else would keep in touch that has had one of Tish's pup, keep in touch to see how they all turn out?

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh hoppingsheep - she is delightful! She is going to grow up into a stunning girl! Now the hard work begins ;)

she is gorgeous!...Am I the only one that seems to have trouble uploading pics to this site...maybe its cos I am MAC.

I'll try some more pics:

DSC01798_3.jpg

hoppingsheep - stop it!! I can't take any more photos - LOL I LOVE her ;)

She is sooo gorgeous! Hope you have as much fun with her as i have with my beddie/whippet pup. He's now a year old, looked very like her at that age and now looks like this...

finn_sofa.jpg

thats really weird, because I've seen this pic of your dog before while searching a while ago and when i see mine having that brown tinge with lighter tips on some of the fur I wondered if she might turn out the same, that realy is a nice photo of your dog.

Do you have any of when it was a pup?

see some more of mine on my blog. if you like.

This is Finn when he was little...

Playing with ferret....

ferret.jpg

And having a big stretch....

stretch.jpg

You're right about the brown tinge, in the right light his tail is ginger! Have lots of fun with little Tilly. Hopefully see you around at lurcher shows etc, i know Tish and Jo through shows so may meet you through them.

Charlotte

You know I can really see my Tilly turning out like yours, but a bit smaller, probably 17" tts. I recognise you now as friends of Tish, on facebook, I'll do a friend request to you.

They've all gone to the game fair, some puppies in tow! I would imagine they'll have a laugh there! lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back