The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bedlington X Whippet Puppies?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, saw tish at gamefair today. Turns out our two are related. My boys dad is Tilly's grand-dad!!!! That'll be where she gets the dash of brown from as that bedlington is a liver one. See you on facebook. x

Hi, saw tish at gamefair today. Turns out our two are related. My boys dad is Tilly's grand-dad!!!! That'll be where she gets the dash of brown from as that bedlington is a liver one. See you on facebook. x
I see! ...I think I recall Tish saying something about that...well i never.

So Jed'd dad was a liver colour.

Going to bed soon, Tilly's not giving me much sleep at the moment, she must be missing her family! LOL

This is Finn when he was little...
Playing with ferret....

View attachment 68792

And having a big stretch....

View attachment 68793

You're right about the brown tinge, in the right light his tail is ginger! Have lots of fun with little Tilly. Hopefully see you around at lurcher shows etc, i know Tish and Jo through shows so may meet you through them.

Charlotte
I expects so...Looking at your photos it seems Finn went brownier when he got older then?

al

Yeah he has! Still looks grey most of the time just looks brown in some lights! Had a successful time at the game fair, Finn won two classes (rough dog under 23'' and best rabbiting dog) and got a second in best bedlington x, so pretty chuffed!

Crikey, you couldn't ask for much more than that! well done!

..I know you cant take any more pics,..but these are CUTE!

BLOG

Crikey, you couldn't ask for much more than that! well done!
..I know you cant take any more pics,..but these are CUTE!

BLOG
Al, brilliant photos on your blog! So glad you found your perfect pup, she looks adorable!

I thought you might like a quick peek to the future, as our girl is now 10months old, just into season, growing up fast! The other dog is my rescue lurcher who I have had now for 5 years. I thought you might notice a little resemblance between him and your old girl, god rest her soul.

Chance_and_brinnie_for_email.jpg

Chance_and_brinnie_for_email_2.jpg

very sweet!

I see the resemblence to my previous saluki whippet lurcher, there, and your beddy whippet looks nice!

He's interesting...hairy face, but not so hairy body, almost like a lion! (LOL)

He's interesting...hairy face, but not so hairy body, almost like a lion! (LOL)
I know. LoL. She doesn't quite have the 'hair' situation organised yet. I've had words with her about it though. The coat has changed and evolved regularly as she's grown, so watch this space! Hope you're getting a bit more sleep now.

ok! ha ha...getting the sleep, but now getting attacked on a regular basis, bitey on hands and going for face and ankles!

heres someone dressed up as your little whiplington:

lion

cowardly_lion_child.jpg

ha ha! tish, i'm not gunna even contemplate how that situation came about! ..is that Willow?!

(tilly got very chatty today, and had to be sponged down and hair dried!)

ha ha! tish, i'm not gunna even contemplate how that situation came about! ..is that Willow?!(tilly got very chatty today, and had to be sponged down and hair dried!)
Hee hee! Soooo cute. How well I remember the 'bitey' phase. It really upset OH. He really wanted cuddles but all he got were needle-nibbles. Ear lobes and neck waddles were fair game, as was an unattended ankle, but hands bore the brunt of it! It really slackened off around teething time and was gone completely by 6 months. More pics please!

Put some more on today, alyhf....

went to the vet today for her second injection, then she will be able to go out in two weeks time.

Just have to get her to stop chewing the lead by then!

She is calming down a lot now and as you can see beginning to take on that lurcher shape.

You can almost see that nose growing as you look at it!

she doesn't always sleep like this:

al

BLOG

Put some more on today, alyhf....

went to the vet today for her second injection, then she will be able to go out in two weeks time.

She is calming down a lot now and as you can see beginning to take on that lurcher shape.

al

click on this:

BLOG

DSC02048.jpg

Put some more on today, alyhf....went to the vet today for her second injection, then she will be able to go out in two weeks time.

al

click on this:

BLOG
BEAUTIFUL! Aaaaarghh! Its like reliving puppyhood all over again! Brinnie liked to chew the lead but then again, she liked to have a munch of everything - tassles, shoe laces, bits of grass blowing in the breeze... Luckily for us we live near the beach so we never really had to put her on the lead for long - she just followed us around because she was tiny, and never really got out of the habit. And funny old thing - we never did persuade her to sleep with her legs closed!

We've got the same baby pics as you! Check it out:

074.jpg

B_baby_pics.jpg

very similar!

Nice photos.

I live near the beach too, so I shall try the same tact!

Till is still a bit young, so plenty of time to get her trained on the lead... She is driving me mental today though.

First thing this morning, half asleep, is not the time I want constant needle sharp teeth biting me. (LOL)!

(w00t)

very similar!Nice photos.

I live near the beach too, so I shall try the same tact!

Till is still a bit young, so plenty of time to get her trained on the lead... She is driving me mental today though.

First thing this morning, half asleep, is not the time I want constant needle sharp teeth biting me. (LOL)!

(w00t)
Yep, frustrating isn't it! I'd never raised a puppy before, just rescues. OH used to ask me everyday when she would stop biting! Just keep replacing your hand with a toy and know that they do eventually grow out of it. Friends of ours used to get so frustrated with telling their lab puppy to stop munching them, that they just used to give up, and give him their arm to keep him quiet. Problem is now he's fully grown and still thinks its ok to munch on peoples hands and arms! Ooops.

As for the beach, we used to let her toddle on the freshly washed sand (just after the tide had gone out), before she was fully vaccinated. Lots of people will probably tell me off for that now, but it was a tip I got from a Vet friend, and besides it pays dividends to get them out and about as soon as poss, and they are less bitey afterwards cause they're tired!

Just seen another BeddyXWhip on the beach and he looked almost completely whippet - fine figure and short hair. The drop ears were the only clue!

THANKS for that...Till's been a bit better today. Maybe I'll take her t'beach after easter, cos it'll be too busy till then.

I can take her out thurs anyway, the vet said 7 - 10 days from last thurs anyaway, (7days in a place that there isn't too busy)

..she's an angel when shes a sleep! :wacko:

i was lucky with wills cos she had sidney to chew on if i had a toy and moved it across in front of her she would watch then i drop toy and pass hand back and she would have me lol even now she will only play with a toy if its in my hand, be consistant and she will eventually stop - squeal everytime she does it and stop the game ignore her totally, she's making me broody for another pup.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back