The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bob Blatch Trophyexcitement And Pleasure Guarantee

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
those dogs are going to have you and Diane nervous wrecks, naughty things I bet you were worried sick.

Spry is the opposite like a little glue stick :huggles: (although she's on the lead at the moment ;) ) but Kane would be off in a breath if he thought he could get away with it, especially if there's a prize to chase o:)

One time he buggered off in the woods when he got back Sienna gave him a right telling off it's amazing how they have there own little language of hiarachy :blink: would'nt mind but she used to be the worst one for it :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings to all lure coursers :thumbsup: I have some news of THE trophy event.

A note, firstly, on the officials front. Now sadly, our good friend John Wallace who was to slip for us has had a slight heart attack. John is doing fine and the club has sent him cards and good wishes for a speedy recovery. We all wish John the very best of luck and we will see him later on in the season.

Joe Gant, known to all priveleged enough to have attended our previous two blisteringly successful Opens, has stepped into the breach and will slip for us on the day :)

There are 32 runners so at the very least your dog has a 1 in 32 chance of being declared the best lure coursing whippet(not exceeding 21 inches of course) IN THE COUNTRY!!

Despair not those who have not yet entered :( Feel free to throw your dog into the ring (w00t) . A single entry even at this late stage stands an excellent chance of being in the draw, which will take place in the afternoon of 19 January 2008 and will be trumpeted on K9 during the evening of that date :p

As has been stated on previous occasions, multiple entries will give way to a singleton . Two such entries were received yesterday and will be in the draw :blink:

So there you have it all coursers. Submit your late entry and join us at Little Dog Drove,( judged by some, even many, to be the epicentre of all things coursing) sample the atmosphere and write your name in Bob Blatch Trophy history

BE IN IT TO WIN IT :eek:

the understated and abbreviated

LAMPINGMAN :luck: :thumbsup:

Thats bad news I hope he recovers quickly back to full health :luck: :luck: :luck:

sorry to hear about the slipper john,hope hes back to good health real soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

sorry to hear about john hope he gets better real soon .joe is a great slipper for a young un.sure to be a great days coursing.

Spry's out and will be replaced by Sienna, I wanted to be as sure as I could be about Spry being in pup before I pulled her out :)

Greetings all lure coursers :thumbsup: Just in case you missed the report in some of today's dailies, can I please remind you all that the draw for THE trophy event will take place tomorow and I will publish same on this thread shortly afterwards :eek: . Good luck everyone and I hope you get the first round draw that you feel you deserve (w00t) :thumbsup:

bring it on. (w00t)oops pressed wrong button again

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings to all lure coursers. Due to circumstances beyond our control(as they say) the draw for the finest lure coursing event in history (w00t) has been unable to take place today :( . Sadly, Andrea is experiencing some ill health and this accounts for the delay. I am pleased to announce however, that said draw is due to now take place tomorrow. :)) My trumpet, suitably polished will deliver the clarion call to announce the draw and also galvanise all serious lure coursers to anticipate the level and height of sport, approaching Everest proportions that awaits them on that Lincolnshire field that is forever, Little Dog Drove. (w00t)

still awaiting to see if jessie has finally come in season , will let you know asap :thumbsup:

a week to go and lets hope the weather will be kind to us on the day. :thumbsup:

hope andreas feeling better soon :)

thanks for the update chris :thumbsup:

posh totty said:
still awaiting to see if jessie has finally come in season , will let you know asap :thumbsup:
Hi Posh. I have withdrawn Jessie. Your e mail to me suggested that she was out due to season. Having said that and upon re reading your message, you did use the word MAY. Now no probs. If you want me to re instate, let me know and I will phone tomorrow AM before the draw.

lampy reading your posts are always so lyrical.i think you should be known as the stuart hall of lure coursing (w00t) .

Greetings etc. Yet again :thumbsup: Now. Someone once said that the better things in life are worth waiting for. I don't really go along with that personally :( I'd sooner have them NOW (w00t) . And that sentiment extends to the draw for our event which, sadly we are going to have to wait a further day for :angry: Andrea continues to be unwell and has had to remain in bed throughout today. Bob has telephoned me tonight AND Malcolm, our chairperson, will officiate and the draw will be made ,not on Tuesday, BUT TOMORROW!! Yes. it will be done on Monday evening :blink: and will be brought to you just as soon as I get it. Yeh, I know what you're thinking...... you're only trying to create yet further excitement and generate a mood bordering upon histeria..... but you'd be wrong (w00t) True lure coursers such as ourselves will remain calm and display polite restraint . I know that :)) UNTIL TOMORROW THEN FOLKS -_- .

lamping man said:
Greetings etc. Yet again :thumbsup:   Now. Someone once said that the better things in life are worth waiting for. I don't really go along with that personally :(   I'd sooner have them NOW (w00t) . And that sentiment extends to the draw for our event which, sadly we are going to have to wait a further day for :angry: Andrea continues to be unwell and has had to remain in bed throughout today. Bob has telephoned me tonight AND Malcolm, our chairperson, will officiate and the draw will be made ,not on Tuesday, BUT TOMORROW!! Yes. it will be done on Monday evening  :blink: and will be brought to you just as soon as I get it. Yeh, I know what you're thinking...... you're only trying to create yet further excitement and generate a mood bordering upon histeria..... but you'd be wrong (w00t) True lure coursers such as ourselves will remain calm and display polite restraint . I know that :))   UNTIL TOMORROW THEN FOLKS -_- .
You should be calm Spry's not coming :- " :p

To all devotees of quality sport, I send greetings from East Anglian Whippet Country Club :) Herewith, the draw for the 21 st running of THE BOB BLATCH TROPHY:

FIRE BLADE

WINTERFELLE TINKERBELLE

LYNPERRY WATERLOO BOY

STAR OF THE NORTH OVER ALACRITY

BEUBEZI FUN AND FROLIC

SURREY HILLS THE WITCHING HOUR

DRAPERSLOCK BLOWALONG

TRENTHYDE GUINNEVERE

GUTO NYPH BRAN

PENNY PICTURES

LYNPERRY WONDER

WHIPAWAY WINTER BLUE

CHARFORD BETH

BANATAY BOLLINGER

STOCKHOUSE MISTY DAWN

WHIPAWAY WALNUT CREAM

STARVASS MOONLIGHTING

COURTHILL CORAL BRACELET

HOT AMBER BELLE

MISEMAYNE MAYONAISSE

EUGINIE PRINCESS

BANATAY BELVEDERE

HIGH ISLAND JUST JESSIE

MISEMAYNE PICCALLILI

BANATAY BOLLY

BANATAY BOOMERANG

FLAMING FLOYDE

CUPID'S ARROW

DON'T MISS OUT

PARKSTONE QUEEN OF THE NILE

VANYA CHEYENNE SKY

BUEBEZI FRENCH CONNEXION TO ALACRITY

THE RESERVES:

LYNPERRY EAST WIND

SAUCEY MADAM

VANYA NEOLITHIC SHADOW

The first named of each couple will wear RED

THIS IS A TOP CLASS FIELD AND THE WINNER WILL HAVE EARNED THE TITLE- BEST LURE COURSING WHIPPET IN THE COUNTRY.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back